Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ECM and TCM locations? 2005 STS v8

19K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  ezed1 
#1 ·
Hey could use some help locating the ecm and tcm module I heard the ecm is in front of driver side wheel and tcm next to the fuse box under hood. Is this them can anyone confirm please? Auto part Vehicle Suspension Engine

Auto part

Thanks and Happy Memorial Day everyone!

See less See more
#5 ·
Oh I am really a noobie with this stuff hopefully he includes a detailed install guide. So what do I have to do/what do I get in the mail from him

----------

I tune myself? I'm so lost haha like what was the tune sheet I filled out for about then like rev limiter and shift points and such?

#6 ·
Basically this is how I understand the process to be:
1. You swap out the entire modules with what he sent you with the new tune already flashed depending on what you ordered from him.
-or-
2. You plug in a cable to the ODB port and connect to your computer and flash the file(s) he sent you to your existing hardware without removing anything.

#10 ·
1BadCadSTS or MadTuner would need to confirm this but I believe you will get the cable, some software, and the files to flash to your car.

You will load that up on a Windows Based laptop and connect to the car's ODB port and flash the components directly through the car's system as if you were GM flashing an update to the module via the Tech II or similar device.

You won't have to remove any components from the car with this method.

I would go for a drive. Park, use his software to pull a backup of the stock tune (assuming it can do so). Then Flash according to his instructions, then go for another drive to see the changes.
If you really wonder flash stock back to the car and drive again. Perhaps do just ECM first then TCM, then both, this would show how each behaves. Be sure to drive in all 3 modes to see how they have changed (auto/sport/manual).

#12 ·
Ludacrisvp said:
1BadCadSTS or MadTuner would need to confirm this but I believe you will get the cable, some software, and the files to flash to your car.

You will load that up on a Windows Based laptop and connect to the car's ODB port and flash the components directly through the car's system as if you were GM flashing an update to the module via the Tech II or similar device.

You won't have to remove any components from the car with this method.

I would go for a drive. Park, use his software to pull a backup of the stock tune (assuming it can do so). Then Flash according to his instructions, then go for another drive to see the changes.
If you really wonder flash stock back to the car and drive again. Perhaps do just ECM first then TCM, then both, this would show how each behaves. Be sure to drive in all 3 modes to see how they have changed (auto/sport/manual).
Correct. You leave a deposit for the cable which is refunded upon return (I kept mine) and you load a program he provides you with and you flash the modules while they remain plugged into your car. Or you ship him your modules and he will ship back tuned ones.

#16 ·
TCM: shift delay removed in auto stick move shift points higher up in band removed torque management increased shift pressure firmness 10% in auto 20% sport 25% in manual etc etc.

These are all by choice and mad tuner makes the tune for you.

ECM: adjusted knock retard and tuned for premium fuel to increase roughly 15 hp and 15 tq

I spent more on my corsa and volant and all they added was eye candy and noise. Mad tuners adjustments gave noticeable improvements.

#17 ·
I second that, noticeable improvements!!!!!! I didn't get any hp increases but the TCM adjustments makes my car feel stronger, I use to avg 75-80mph now im hovering around 90-95 it holds third gear longer and speed climbs quick, before the tune when the car got to third gear the power would drop and then catch up but now there is no drop 1,2,3, I punch it and i'am gone lol!!! in my chester cheetah voice (well worth it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.