: Vince, a French Owner with a wonderful Cadillac SRX

VinceTheFrench
05-27-13, 10:13 AM
Hello everybody,:welcome:

It's my first message on this forum !
My name is Vince. I bought a 2005 Cadillac SRX V6 last year.
Black, all wheel drive and no sunroff.

One picture with my cousin's Delorean.

I hope I could find some informations on this forum.

1BadCadSTS
05-27-13, 10:32 AM
Love the export tails

MrHolland
05-27-13, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

VinceTheFrench
05-27-13, 10:50 AM
Another picture in Corsica.

thebigjimsho
05-27-13, 12:05 PM
What do people think when they see an SRX? Is it rare?

Johnny_Buchanan
05-27-13, 12:32 PM
Nice Caddy mate!

DeLorean ain't too shabby either ;)

-J

orconn
05-27-13, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

VinceTheFrench
05-27-13, 01:49 PM
What do people think when they see an SRX? Is it rare?
It's easier to see 60's, 70's Cadillac (often DeVille, Fleetwood, ...) on car meeting.
But it's very rare on road, some Escalade or SRX 2.
I've seen one XLR near Grenoble and I haven't see an other SRX like mine.

The first reflexion is always about consumtion ... For European, V6 engine = rich owner !

----------

For Wikipedia, only 205 SRX were sold in France between 2004 et 2008.

77CDV
05-27-13, 03:46 PM
:welcome:

CadillacLuke24
05-28-13, 12:24 AM
Nice Caddy! Welcome!

Jesda
05-28-13, 05:40 AM
Love your cars! The first-gen SRX was ranked up there with the Cayenne and X5 as an outstanding sport wagon.

The second-gen SRX is nothing but a rolling purse for overweight housewives.

Bullitt
05-28-13, 06:32 AM
Nice SRX Vince. SRX was the most popular Cadillac when Cadillac was launched here in Poland in 2005 (before the one single dealer gave up on selling Cadillacs and GM did absolutely nothing about it :banghead:). I still see them from time to time including first gen CTS. I hope Your SRX is doing well and You have at least agequate dealer/service experience in France.

P.S.

Infiniti is still present on Polish market and sells 70-90 cars a year and nobody thinks about giving up. Nissan can, GM loses as always.

VinceTheFrench
05-28-13, 06:45 AM
It's really difficult to find good dealer in France. First for a Cadillac but also for all brand.
It's only easy to pay $190 for an oil change on a ugly RENAULT.

Chevrolet come back with force in France but Chevrolet dealers are afraid to work on another GM car than Chevrolet.

Bullitt
05-28-13, 07:24 AM
It's really difficult to find good dealer in France. First for a Cadillac but also for all brand.
It's only easy to pay $190 for an oil change on a ugly RENAULT.

Chevrolet come back with force in France but Chevrolet dealers are afraid to work on another GM car than Chevrolet.

Is there at least one Cadillac dealer in France that looks like luxury-car dealer? I am asking because one of the problems of our Warsaw dealership was that it was shared with old Opel showroom. Wealthy guys avoid places where they see Opel banners. Unfortunately most of those few Cadillac dealerships in Europe look like that.

talismandave
05-28-13, 09:49 AM
Welcome guys. I always get a special enjoyment in our Cadillac brothers from overseas!

We all pride ourselves as devoted Cadillac lovers here, but you take that devotion to a whole other level dealing with the obstacles that you have to ownership.
Narrow streets, small parking spaces, poor or no dealer network, high fuel prices, registration problems, and high prices on importing parts.
All I can say is...:worship:

I am happy and proud to count you among our ranks!:thumbsup:

:welcome5:

VinceTheFrench
05-28-13, 10:01 AM
It's the same problem in France !
There are Opel/Chevrolet dealerships who sell/repair also Cadillac or Corvette but not really like luxury-car dealer.

----------

It's a good summary of my Cadillac life.

For example, an oil filter is about 15-20€...
A full tank, 95€...
The nearest dealer at 2 hours in alpines mountains !

Thanks for your support.

Submariner409
05-28-13, 01:45 PM
Vince,

All your posts from various older threads concerning your NAV and disc problems have been moved to your proper year SRX forums - in your own thread. Please DO NOT discuss any form of copyright infringement in CF. That is grounds for instant dismissal from the site.

Thanks for your consideration. Staff

VinceTheFrench
05-28-13, 04:44 PM
I don't want discuss about hack or copyright infringement. I search to understand what the system works and a way to fix it.
Are there any section to discuss technicaly about navigation system ?

Submariner409
05-28-13, 04:53 PM
Maybe - maybe in Item Specific: Audio, Video, Security, as well as in your car's specific SRX forums - Current Vehicles.

The Lounge is primarily for first introductions and non-specific car discussion.

EChas3
05-28-13, 10:50 PM
Welcome!

VinceTheFrench
06-02-13, 05:56 AM
Thanks you.

orconn
06-02-13, 04:38 PM
It used to be there were many American cars in Belgium. Is that still true or just a thing of the past?

VinceTheFrench
12-11-14, 04:12 PM
I've got a Tech2 ! Yiiiaaa !

bendebusk
12-12-14, 10:17 AM
Ciao, Vince! From your Italian neighbor!

I bought an SRX here in the fall of '13, so I never saw your original post. So far, I haven't really had any problems.

But I have to say that I have not seen a single other Cadillac in Italy, Spain (drove to Madrid), France (Southern France mostly, but also drove to Paris), Monocco, London, etc. I see other Fords, Chevrolets, Jeeps, etc., but not a single Cadillac!

Does your SRX have a GPL (LPG) conversion? That was one of the important considerations when we were buying a vehicle for our 7-person family. It has been an amazing feature considering the high cost of fuel in Europe! :)

VinceTheFrench
12-12-14, 03:31 PM
Ciao ! Mine is not GPL. And it's an italian SRX ;) It arrived in France in 2009.

bendebusk
12-12-14, 07:20 PM
In Italy, the 3.6 liter engine is considered very large and is taxed accordingly. :( But using GPL saves more than 50% on fuel costs here! I assume it's about the same in France. The cost to benefit ratio is favorable for our family, because we drive a lot. Much more than most Italians, I think. And it's usually cheaper than taking the train.

If my quick calculations are correct, I think a 2000 euro conversion will pay for itself in about 20-25,000km. Perhaps more, as the cost of fuel decreases.