: cost?

bossposse
01-20-05, 10:58 PM
I have a 2000 deville, (base) today, my service transmission light came on, does that mean it needs serviceing? or letting me know the tranny is going out? allso, what would be the cost for a new tranny? or re-built one? so i will at least have an idea of the cost, not to be ripped- off!!! by transmission mech. can i find a code to tell me the exact problem? please help with any ideas. only had the car for one mo. 95,000 on it. thankyou, and enjoy your caddys.

STS 310
01-21-05, 12:39 PM
Sit tight, someone will chime in soon. Oh, and next time post in the Deville section. Someone would have posted by now.

Moderator, can you help this guy please.

BeelzeBob
01-21-05, 01:52 PM
I have a 2000 deville, (base) today, my service transmission light came on, does that mean it needs serviceing? or letting me know the tranny is going out? allso, what would be the cost for a new tranny? or re-built one? so i will at least have an idea of the cost, not to be ripped- off!!! by transmission mech. can i find a code to tell me the exact problem? please help with any ideas. only had the car for one mo. 95,000 on it. thankyou, and enjoy your caddys.

Scroll thru the engine data on the DIC....is the trans oil life decremented to where it needs changing. I suspect that the trans fluid was run hot in the cars previous life and the trans oil life monitor tripped due to miles/age/excess temp and it is telling you the trans oil needs changing.

See the many posts on changing the trans oil and do NOT be tempted or talked into a trans flush. Just drop the lower pan, remove the "hidden" drain plug to drain the side cover (accessible once the lower pan is off) and clean the pan and pickup screens. No filter to replace...just clean the screens. Replace the pan and fill with fresh Dex3....that is all that is required in all likelyhood.

bossposse
01-21-05, 02:50 PM
Thankyou, if the trans. oil needs changing, why does the car hard shift in first and third?

BeelzeBob
01-21-05, 06:13 PM
Thankyou, if the trans. oil needs changing, why does the car hard shift in first and third?

Ah...new info.....always more fun when the whole story comes out....LOL

Have you checked the diagnostic system to see if there are any transmsission diagnostic codes......

What else aren't you telling us...???....LOL

bossposse
01-21-05, 08:35 PM
Yes, i just checked the diagnostic codes, it reads.... PCM PO734 current AND IRC U1016 history. from what ive read, the po734 means incorrect 4th gear ratio. And u1016 means loss of communications with pcm. with that information, Is my tranny gone? or can it be fixed? (4th gear) and about how much to fix? Thankyou all very much, this is a very nice site, that i like to come to, even when my baby is not feeling well. (my deville) keep up the good work, you will be rewarded. thanks again, Boss

cadillactech
01-22-05, 03:59 PM
The p0734 is your problem. Dont worry about the U1016 yet. Your tranny is not trashed, most likely just a sensor issue ( still inside the tranny ) but wont require an overhaul.