: Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available

RGaret
05-27-13, 08:27 AM
I am curious as to whom plans on upgrading to the new CTS - V/V Sport when they become available. I know the V Sport may not be considered an upgrade in the strictest sense, but some people may feel that it is fast enough and get one anyway

neuronbob
05-27-13, 08:44 AM
Whatever my next car is, it will be in addition to my V wagon. It likely will not be a V-Sport. Too soon to say it won't be another V as we have no data on which to base a potential purchase.

mik2718
05-27-13, 10:15 AM
I will almost certainly get a V3. By the end of 2014, I hope. 2015 seems like a long way off.

VRYALT3R3D
05-27-13, 10:32 AM
It would have to be significantly superior to the current gen. If the performance is marginally better, ill pass.

pat2t2f
05-27-13, 10:51 AM
I agree with Bob. I love my wagon and don't plan on replacing it.

spearfish25
05-27-13, 10:53 AM
Considering I have no idea what the specs would be, I'm keeping my new wagon. If they go TT V6, they can keep it and I'll keep my V8.

Chrispy
05-27-13, 10:56 AM
I'm keeping my V2 but am interested in seeing the new Escalade when it comes out for my wife.

My wagon is just too rare to sell it and way too much fun to drive :)

thebigjimsho
05-27-13, 11:08 AM
If its a turbo LT1 and under 4,000lbs, I don't see how I wouldn't want one...

vfaninva
05-27-13, 02:35 PM
I love my V coupe and intend to keep it but would consider a gen 2 V coupe if it materializes.

1997BlackETC
05-27-13, 04:31 PM
I don't see how the V-sport would be considered an upgrade. With 145 less hp it would most certainly be slower and might not handle as good as our current 2g V's. I already feel like I want my V to be faster, going with a Vsport would be a step back.

austin
05-27-13, 04:53 PM
I don't see how the V-sport would be considered an upgrade. With 145 less hp it would most certainly be slower and might not handle as good as our current 2g V's. I already feel like I want my V to be faster, going with a Vsport would be a step back.

I second that. V-Sport is a downgrade. 600-650hp twin turbo V3 (3rd generation) is the upgrade. :)

Tro Budden
05-27-13, 06:54 PM
i'll be keeping my V2. performance, looks, reliablilty have me in a death grip. I remember seeing those spy shots from the Ring, and couldnt help but dream.

HUGN*RDS
05-27-13, 09:43 PM
Upgrade maybe not but I sure like the exterior styling of the new CTS, especially the headlights, so I can't wait to see the V3's exterior. An AWD upgrade would be less than impossible, too.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

LitiGATOR
05-27-13, 09:59 PM
Depends on the performance of the V3. If it's better and more "modable," I will make the move. Also looking forward to all the new technology that the next gen will offer.

1997BlackETC
05-27-13, 10:47 PM
I agree with the idea of the better electronics, the current nav and entertainment system in the V is obsolete and ready to shelved.

baabootoo
05-27-13, 11:55 PM
It will depend upon the weight AND if the back seat folds down. :) Ever since a Taurus SHO passed me at Road America (on a turn in the rain) I see how less weight would be good! A V-6 should give better mileage also.

IBMike
05-28-13, 01:01 AM
When I was home on R&R I drove a couple ATSs, just to check out a newer interior. It was very nice and then I went and checked out a 2011 V and agree that the interior is outdated; didn't play with the NAV, but from all I've read here, I know what I'm getting in to there. So my plan is to either find someone looking to get out of a lease with under 2 years on it or find a great deal on a used V and then wait & see what the V3 brings.

Not having had a V, I have no idea how I'll feel about it over the long term; never had a car with this much power, so who knows. Maybe I'll get it out of my system and step down to a V-sport, or maybe I'll be like so many others and fall victim to the "peer pressure" here and get the mod bug! lol

RGaret
05-30-13, 03:22 PM
So far, the majority of folks plan to keep their V2. I myself want to get the newer upgraded interior and electronics. I lease so for me a V3 is almost a foregone conclusion.

dennych
05-30-13, 04:00 PM
given we have no idea what the new V is I think it's safe to say it's too early to say

DiamondWhtV
05-30-13, 04:49 PM
I plan to stick with my V2 - have horrible memories from ditching the '69 427 Vette to the "NEW" '72 454 Vette
Was cool at the time, but in memory...it was a bad move.

Xaqtly
05-30-13, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the V3 will be a better car than the V2 is, but no wagon no sale.

RaVeNous
05-30-13, 11:40 PM
The v-sport will not be a performance upgrade. Other aspects may be. It will also cost more than a v2.

The V3 will probably be similar to the v2 in performance. It will cost a TON more than the V2 if a fully loaded ATS,XTS is any indication.

I do like the looks of the new CTS. Less sporty, but more high end luxury. Interior is fantastic. I'm more interested in hat an AWD ATS-v coupe my do but they won't make it, and it will be small.

CavemanB52
05-31-13, 12:08 AM
So far on what I've seen of the v3. It's ugly and will have to do a lot of growing on me in that sense. Performance will definately have to out do the mods I've already done to my current v2 coupe.

----------

A reliable sturdy AWD would do it for me either way with 650 hp

thebigjimsho
05-31-13, 01:24 AM
So far on what I've seen of the v3. It's ugly and will have to do a lot of growing on me in that sense. Performance will definately have to out do the mods I've already done to my current v2 coupe.

----------

A reliable sturdy AWD would do it for me either way with 650 hp

You've seen the V3? :coffee:

austin
05-31-13, 07:06 AM
I plan to stick with my V2 - have horrible memories from ditching the '69 427 Vette to the "NEW" '72 454 Vette
Was cool at the time, but in memory...it was a bad move.

I feel your pain on this one.. I had a 73 454 Vette.. Before purchasing it, I didn't read the engine tag below the automatic shifter correctly.. I thought it read 454 engine 395 HP... After I bought the car I realized it read 454 engine and 395 TRQ.. I just purchased a 275HP boat anchor. Oh well, nothing a cam swap couldn't fix. :)

I luv my V2 Coupe... And I luv the pop up NAV.. It's a great conversation piece... Who knows what the V3's future will bring.. I will be checking it out for sure. It would have to have gobs more of HP and be able to beat Godzilla to get my attention... Perhaps an AWD 650HP V3 would do that!

Jinx
05-31-13, 08:01 AM
I'm here for the wagon, and anyway, now that I have it I'm poor.

CavemanB52
05-31-13, 09:06 AM
You've seen the V3? :coffee:

I have only seen the internet spy shots like everyone else. And only rumors of the 660 hp engine with cylinder deactivation. Purely speculation and lies at this point. Sorry. But like any good American... I've formed an opinion. :)

ptrd
05-31-13, 11:03 AM
Have you used CUE and the touchscreen everything???

That's more than enough to make me not want to upgrade, plus I have a wagon, no dice.

CavemanB52
05-31-13, 11:29 AM

That's more than enough to make me not want to upgrade, plus I have a wagon, no dice.

My wife has a 2013 SRX. The CUE is way better than the Vs entertainment system and a leap in the correct direction for the future. Anyone who still thinks BMW and MB has it right ponder this. What true improvement/differences over the past twenty have they made. I suggest all they have done is try to integrate old technology that tries to reduce everything into a single control knob. This direction ultimately creates more compexity and confusion. No real advances from the Euros here. Once the minor bugs are worked out with the CUE. Cadillac will be yrs ahead in this category. I hope for a manual wagon with this option in the future.

thebigjimsho
05-31-13, 09:07 PM
I have only seen the internet spy shots like everyone else. And only rumors of the 660 hp engine with cylinder deactivation. Purely speculation and lies at this point. Sorry. But like any good American... I've formed an opinion. :)

An opinion of looks on a heavily camouflaged car from a distance. Whatevs...

CavemanB52
05-31-13, 11:14 PM
True. But it looked similar to the v-sport. Which looks like a step back IMHO. I say stay conventional on the general masses and go wild on the V.

IBMike
06-01-13, 01:35 AM

I played with it while test driving 2 ATSs; I had no problems with it, all the touch points and sliding adjustments worked just fine for me and with no practice was able to plug in navigations points on the fly. I found it to be pretty intuitive and seems to be a pretty slick system.

RGaret
06-01-13, 08:36 AM
My wife has a 2013 SRX. The CUE is way better than the Vs entertainment system and a leap in the correct direction for the future. Anyone who still thinks BMW and MB has it right ponder this. What true improvement/differences over the past twenty have they made. I suggest all they have done is try to integrate old technology that tries to reduce everything into a single control knob. This direction ultimately creates more compexity and confusion. No real advances from the Euros here. Once the minor bugs are worked out with the CUE. Cadillac will be yrs ahead in this category. I hope for a manual wagon with this option in the future.

The one feature I really liked about my BMW iDrive was that you could use it while the car was moving. Not locked out of anything. That meant my passenger could program the NAV for me. Does CUE allow for this?

RippyPartsDept
06-01-13, 09:31 AM
You can do anything in CUE with voice commands but some things are locked out for touch (which only makes sense)

... and while there should be a way to tell if the driver or a passenger is reaching for the screen there currently isn't

RGaret
06-01-13, 11:20 AM
You can do anything in CUE with voice commands but some things are locked out for touch (which only makes sense)

... and while there should be a way to tell if the driver or a passenger is reaching for the screen there currently isn't

The problem I have with voice commands are that you need to know the exact phrasing to use and if the windows are open it usually doesn't work.

CavemanB52
06-01-13, 12:30 PM
The problem I have with voice commands are that you need to know the exact phrasing to use and if the windows are open it usually doesn't work.

My problem with idrive is that the paths for accomplishing simple tasks are multi-step and too complex. Its almost as if you need to study a computer manual to become efficient at programing. CUE is more user friendly and intuitive.

RippyPartsDept
06-01-13, 01:22 PM
CUE does not use exact commands ... sometimes there are certain words that work better than others but CUE uses natural language voice controls (similar to Siri on the iPhone) and should be able to understand many variations of commands

ptrd
06-01-13, 03:54 PM
I guess my 2 days with the ATS loaner and CUE were different.

1. screen was nice but seriously I hate fingerprints so it was a bit annoying
2. haptic feedback was very slow and lagged which made me ponder if I really did change a setting
3. I'm sure there is a setting (I never bothered to loo) but the start of CUE everytime was insanely loud in the car, I was mashing buttons all over the place to mute it.

I'm sure it's a step in the right direction but I still don't like most of these systems. I guess I like auto climate control systems of the late 90s where it was temp up/down, recirc air, and which way to go.

JFJr
06-01-13, 06:05 PM
I guess my 2 days with the ATS loaner and CUE were different.

1. screen was nice but seriously I hate fingerprints so it was a bit annoying
2. haptic feedback was very slow and lagged which made me ponder if I really did change a setting
3. I'm sure there is a setting (I never bothered to loo) but the start of CUE everytime was insanely loud in the car, I was mashing buttons all over the place to mute it.

I'm sure it's a step in the right direction but I still don't like most of these systems. I guess I like auto climate control systems of the late 90s where it was temp up/down, recirc air, and which way to go.

I hope it gets improved, ASAP. For a high performance car, that aggravation is not appreciated.

Jud

Trionalaw
06-02-13, 12:55 PM
Because I take my car to high performance driving schools on tracks with both right and left turns, if I stay with a V it will be the ATS-V. While I love my CTS V Coupe with it six speed manual, even with magnetic ride control it is still honestly too heavy.

I am also interested in the Corvette C7. I have been enamored with the Z06. If it is reasonably priced I probably will strongly consider it. Otherwise, I will test drive a Gran Sport when it is available. I will be interested to see if body will be the same as a Z06. I can live with only 450 hp because I am sure I can find an intake system that will bump it up closer to 475 hp.

Plus, I like the removable roof. Some driving schools will not allow anything but a solid roof with or without a sunroof. I have found an outfit that does not have that requirement. Plus, it puts on the best driving schools for the bang for the buck. Here is its website:

http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/page/page/5236308.htm

So as Franz Joseph said in the movie Amadeus "So there you have it."

Jim