: Wheel Hop Problem??? Post On GM Blog!!!

SD455TA
01-20-05, 10:25 PM
Hi, let Bob Lutz himself find the answer to the wheel hop problem.

He may not know about it.

If anyone can help, he can...and he DOES care.

Chances are he will actually read your letter & respond

He started this blog, to get more feedback from "real" GM owners!!!

Good luck,

Regards, Rich 2004 GTO http://fastlane.gmblogs.com

(http://fastlane.gmblog.com)

2004ctsv
01-20-05, 10:35 PM
The link isn't working

steve711
01-20-05, 10:48 PM
I 2nd that

lasstss
01-20-05, 11:13 PM
gmblogs... add an s

CVP33
01-20-05, 11:44 PM
I sent this moments ago.

Mr. Lutz,
We need your help. You've done a great job reinvigorating a car company to build cars that enthusiasts REALLY want to own and drive. I'm proof positive that it's working. I was set to buy a 2004 GTO. That was until I heard about the CTS-V. Upon reading about the performance and seeing the styling upgrades I was hooked. I'm now on my second CTS-V. First was a 2004 Raven Black, current is a 2005 Platinum. Here's the problem. The wheel hop. Any "spirited" driving, wet or slippery roads, or attempt to duplicate the quoted 0-60 times is met with the hardest wheel hop I've ever felt in a car. This is the only issue I have with what is otherwise the finest performance sedan I've ever owned. Myself and numerous other owners have had rear differentials replaced and I can only assume that the wheel hop is shortening the life span of the rear. I recently participated in a phone survey and when I was asked what I would like to change about the CTS-V I simply replied "get rid of the wheel hop". The surveyor said, "Everyone has said that one". He didn't ask what wheel hop was or sound surprised, he just said "Everyone has said that one." I don't honestly expect you to personally look into this or even reply, but my sincerest hope is that some drivetrain engineer is reading this and will address this soon. Mr. Lutz, we need you on this one.

Sincerely,

Chris Van Parys
V enthusiast

Florian
01-21-05, 12:08 AM
I just wrote to Mr. Lutz pleading for a fix...lets hope we see it soon.

Florian

CTSV05
01-21-05, 12:44 AM
Where are you guys seeing a place to leave a message on the V?

I'm seeing comments for the car show, but not specifically on the V.

DgtalPimp
01-21-05, 02:23 AM
Goto the bottom of the page (http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2005/01/lutz_biography_1.html) and post as you see fit.

CTSV05
01-21-05, 09:27 AM
Thanx again DP!

Here is what i wrote if interested.:

Mr. Lutz,

First let me say, I find this level of involvement by someone of your position very admiralable.

Now for my concern, we have recently purchased a '05 CTS-V, and I must say, its been a long time since I have been this enamered, or impressed with a vehicle!

I find myself making excuses to drive this car, which is kinda funny.

Needless to say, the point I'm making is I think you and your engineers have done a fine job, with the exception, yes here it comes, of the incredible condition of axle tramp, or wheelhop.

I find it fascinating that such a marvelous automobile was designed and built, and something as damaging and dangerous as the lack of contact with the road surface in a oscillating movement wasn't nipped at the test sessions.

Mr. Lutz, I and I'm sure many, many other V owners implore you to please give us a fix for this condition through our dealers.

I have been on a number of internet forums, and the response and affection for the V is overwhelming, but all have the same comlaint, so I'm convinced it is not an isolated incident.

Thank-You sir for your attention to this matter, I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Sincerly,
Doug Klein

lasstss
01-21-05, 10:25 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/confirm/1111100317106714/ (http://www.autoblog.gm/confirm/1111100317106714)

You guys are so diplomatic...

Florian
01-21-05, 10:54 AM
Lastss,

What is the link? missing as S? advise or repost

Florian

Silver Baron
01-21-05, 12:08 PM
I don't think you can call that site a “real” blog. It’s a cleverly executed marketing scheme. Not that there is anything wrong with it! I love any good pictures i can get my hand (eyes) on.

However, maybe GM just wants to pull people away from all the open “free” forums like ours and have a bit more control over the content.
And make no mistake about it, Bob is not posting/reading there himself, he as plenty of staff to do that.
The posting time there seems to be about 3-4 days. Let's see if "our" comments will show up there.

BeagleBrains
01-21-05, 06:29 PM
Wheel Hop = Horsepower application. My 1950 Hudson required the addition of traction bars. :hmm:

lasstss
01-21-05, 08:50 PM
Lastss,

What is the link? missing as S? advise or repost

Florian

Link is as above, it was www.fastlane.gmblogs.com (http://www.gmblogs.com)
He originally left the 's' off blog..

It works. I posted a message and got a confirmation by typing in CTS-V It was there the next day.

mitchm
01-22-05, 07:26 AM
I popped a message in there too. It could not hurt.

homer403
01-22-05, 10:15 AM
When I goto the link... I get the logo in the center of the page and "
For information about GMblogs.com, contact Michael Wiley (wiley@gmblogs.com)."

That's it.... what gives? Am I doing something wrong?:hmm:

01-22-05, 10:24 AM
I popped a message in there too. It could not hurt.

ditto

CVP33
01-22-05, 12:33 PM
Don't use the blogs websit, use the one with the "fastlane" pre-fix at the top of the page. You CAN post there.

01-26-05, 11:32 AM
OK.....I just got an e-mail AND a phone call from a Caddy Customer Representative as a result of my posting on this site. Though I am not getting my hopes up here, she asked for LOTS of good information, and seemed genuinely interested in getting the right information into the hands of the design teams for future fixes, and basically asked "assuming that there are no fixes for these problems, what can we do to keep me a satisfied GM customer.

(I mentioned clunk and wheel hop as big issues)

Anybody else get contacted?