Your Name Here

Address

City, State Zip

Cadillac Customer Assistance Center
P. O. Box 33169
Detroit, MI 48232-5169

Ref: Wheel Hop Issue - Put Your VIN Number here

To Whom It May Concern:

As an owner of a Cadillac 2005 CTS-V, VIN # ………., I have experienced a sever case of wheel hop. After talking with other CTS-V owners, I find that this is prevalent with other owners, both 2004 and 2005 models. Visits to my dealer’s service department have provided no satisfactory resolution. Among my concerns, besides the wheel hop itself, is that wheel hop will end up being costly in time and money to me and other owners as more and more rear end parts fail, presumably under warranty and especially when out of warranty. I hope for a response to this letter that is satisfactory, such as a permanent fix for the wheel hop problem.

A concern CTS-V owner,

YOU NAME HERE

onebadcad
01-20-05, 06:35 PM
Homer,

Great job on the letter. When you forward, and if others on the forum do such, put a foreward stating that you do not wish for Marlene Olsen to review your correspondence; I was advised by Marlene that all customer issues are elevated to her, and she is judge and jury. I had the displeasure of speaking with her regarding my rear F1s looking like bowling balls at 6,000, and her new vocabulary word for that day was "ambient"; she basically said the car will perform based on the conditions the driver creates, and based on no other owners reporting similar problems, I was the problem. So, based on her stance and the role she is paid to play, she will state something like, "The wheelhop is a condition created by your selected driving habits and other owners have not reported similar issues, therefore it is no a concern of my department." I realize that each owner has a reasonable expectation when paying the price for a V, and horrendous wheelhop (and O.E.M. tires being replaced before a rotation is possible) was never disclosed to me prior to the purchase by the dealership-I am sure Cadillac knew of the problem in August 2004. In hindsight, I could have launched the car on my test drive, but I am sure that would have frowned upon by the salesman. Good luck, and I will send a letter in hopes someone who has some genuine concern receives it.

jdodman
01-20-05, 06:49 PM
Although I agree this is a big problem, the other area to consider is the question that will come with the wheel hop issue, when presented to Caddy.

Caddy:
"What conditions are you creating, that exhibit the wheel hop ??"

Consumer:
"Well, basically I am quickly releasing the clutch, while flooring the gas peddle, doing a whole shot in the street, in an attempt to burn the little bit of life I have left in these F1 tires..I would like to lay down at least 20 feet of tire burn out without the entire rear shuttering up and down. Oh yeah, my rear end is whining and leaking oil as well".

Caddy:
"So in other words you are beating the sheet out of your brand new 50k car and want to know what I am going to do about that ??"

oceanhut
01-20-05, 06:54 PM
Although I agree this is a big problem, the other area to consider is the question that will come with the wheel hop issue, when presented to Caddy.

Caddy:
"What conditions are you creating, that exhibit the wheel hop ??"

Consumer:
"Well, basically I am quickly releasing the clutch, while flooring the gas peddle, doing a whole shot in the street, in an attempt to burn the little bit of life I have left in these F1 tires..I would like to lay down at least 20 feet of tire burn out without the entire rear shuttering up and down. Oh yeah, my rear end is whining and leaking oil as well".

Caddy:
"So in other words you are beating the sheet out of your brand new 50k car and want to know what I am going to do about that ??"

I agree that will be their response. However, our counterclaim should be that in order to reach the advertized 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds, quick releases of the clutch are necessary-- and thus generating the wheel hop.

Trilio
01-20-05, 07:18 PM
I am VERY unhappy to say that while I love the car, Cadillc's refusal to give me what they advertised has brought me back to where I didn't want to be. That place is in the foriegn car market. CTS-V has some tough competition and getting tougher. Cadillac can not make it's advertising claims good because of this wheel hop issue. Regardless of everything else a promise is a promise and they have brocken their word big time. My greatest pleasure was to finally be able to buy American and not compromise what a car is all about. oops, my bad. Cadillac, please honor your word and give us what you promised or I promise a Benz or Audi in my garage next year. And when I turn away this time I won't look back. Their attitude towards this problem is unprofessional at best, devious and dishonest at worst. I've learned not to do business with any company that exhibits these traits so I guess they are telling me to go elsewhere. Too bd as I think they had a potential winner. One man's opinion!

DgtalPimp
01-20-05, 07:30 PM
I agree that will be their response. However, our counterclaim should be that in order to reach the advertized 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds, quick releases of the clutch are necessary-- and thus generating the wheel hop.
:yeah:

Caddy is promoting the 0 - 60 times to sell the car. If I am buying the car because it is this type of car should I be able to drive it like that? One other thing, I don’t' have to drop the clutch to get wheel hop. Should Caddy (or any other car manufacture promote a car that gets 100 miles per gallon but you have to drive 20 under the speed limit to get it, I will not be interested.

Caddy:
"What conditions are you creating, that exhibit the wheel hop??"

Consumer:
"Great question, I have several different situations where the wheel hop is prevalent. First if there is any water on the ground (rain, large puddles, etc) the rear tires will hop like crazy with mild to medium application of the gas peddle. If I am at a stop and leave quickly the rear tires will hop. During medium to higher acceleration out of a corner the rear tires will hop. I am very considered about the damage that the wheel hop is/will cause to the rear drive train components, as well as the driving conditions that the car exhibit. Should the rear end let go during a traffic avoidance maneuver, am I in danger?"

Caddy:
"Oh, that wheel hop, we will have to get back to you"

ctsvett
01-20-05, 07:34 PM
The masses will prevail over a corporation, but what damage will you cause in the meantime. Yes, by eveyone calling and complaining, we MAY get a response, but in the process, you will devalue our cars overnight... Oh and the fix they come up with to settle everyone down will be to lock up the rear end so the car can't handle worth a damn in a turn.

I want a fix too (for more than just wheel hop- I have a list). I have called and I will send a few letters in the hope they at least offer a solution, but I am not going to join a lawsuit. I will sign the letter above and mail it to someone if they in turn will collect the letters and mail all 4-500 of them to cadillac. That's a strong show of force, not 200 or so trickling in in the mail.

So, who's going to take charge?

I just want to add that if cadillac comes back with: OK, we will buy back your car (ala the Z), FORGET IT... I love this car, wheelhop and all...

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

HecRod
01-20-05, 09:25 PM
[I will sign the letter above and mail it to someone if they in turn will collect the letters and mail all 4-500 of them to cadillac. ]

Ditto

DgtalPimp
01-20-05, 09:56 PM
The masses will prevail over a corporation, but what damage will you cause in the meantime. Yes, by eveyone calling and complaining, we MAY get a response, but in the process, you will devalue our cars overnight... Oh and the fix they come up with to settle everyone down will be to lock up the rear end so the car can't handle worth a damn in a turn.

I want a fix too (for more than just wheel hop- I have a list). I have called and I will send a few letters in the hope they at least offer a solution, but I am not going to join a lawsuit. I will sign the letter above and mail it to someone if they in turn will collect the letters and mail all 4-500 of them to cadillac. That's a strong show of force, not 200 or so trickling in in the mail.

So, who's going to take charge?

I just want to add that if cadillac comes back with: OK, we will buy back your car (ala the Z), FORGET IT... I love this car, wheelhop and all...

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

I am NOT intrested in a lawsuit/"buy back" solution.

I am intrested in a "we will fix the wheel hop" solution.

I would like to send in letters with others from here (elsewhere??) to see what kind of response we get as a group fromm Cadillac.

I will help out with this as I can. I do have a lot of work (real work) coming up in the near future, but i can always squeak out a few extra minutes for the group.

If the people of the group get a letter we all agree on and then all print sign and mail the same day we should flodd the office with a "show of force". This should get the attention of Cadillac.

Does anyone have a suggestion to send the letter to other than Cadillac Customer Assistance Center? Maybe a two/three pronged approach?

CTSVader
01-20-05, 09:59 PM
We could also tell them you know the wheel hop that you guys do not experiance when you are doing those nice burnouts on your advertisment that is ment to attract the younger crowd that loves hod rodding!!!

lasstss
01-20-05, 10:17 PM
Actually, You dont have to do a burnout. Just doing some brisk highway shifting will get the cradle banging off the chassis. Problem is, as the bushings age, its going to get worse!:helpless:

2004ctsv
01-20-05, 10:33 PM
Actually, You dont have to do a burnout. Just doing some brisk highway shifting will get the cradle banging off the chassis. Problem is, as the bushings age, its going to get worse!:helpless:

All I have to do is put the pedal to the flow in 2nd gear trying to merge on a short ramp onto an interstate. I don't think that is an unreasonable driving situation.

Tony

riverrat
01-20-05, 10:52 PM
You guys are right about the hop not just being a launch problem. I bought the BRM kit because of 2nd & 3rd gear hops on entrance ramps.
:rant2:

CVP33
01-20-05, 10:59 PM
I participated in an owner's survey about a month ago as I know many on the forum did as well. As the survey came to an end I was asked what I would change if anything about the CTS-V. I said please ask them to cure the wheel hop. The surveyor said and I quote "yeah, everyone's has said that one." Interesting. Not what is wheel hop?, or please explain, but "yeah, everyone's has said that one.". We're naive to think that GM doesn't know our concerns regarding wheel hop, but equally as ignorant to believe they will fix it without some pretty aggressive tactics. The letter is a great start. Where do I sign?

Florian
01-20-05, 11:40 PM
I too think that the cause of the wheel hop is GM Engineering. I work with GM Engineers every day and they are a sharp group, however, there has to be something done with this situation. I am ALL IN on the letter, how do I get in on it?

F

Florian
01-20-05, 11:43 PM
Oh, BTW a bit of bookkeeping in the REF line, should read CTS-V Wheel Hop Issue, oh and run that letter through your spell check...I caught a couple spelling errors.

F

homer403
01-21-05, 12:48 AM
Ok all, I have edit the letter to reflect some thoughts provided here - to clearly state that we love our cars and seek only a solution.... so please read. Now we have two options... giving that I get no more comments. (1) print this letter and send it off, or (2) send it to me. Let me know what the group wants. God, I need another :drinker

January 20, 2005

Your Name Here

Address

City, State Zip

P. O. Box 33169
Detroit, MI 48232-5169

Ref: CTS-V Wheel Hop Issue - Put Your VIN Number here

To Whom It May Concern:

As an owner of a Cadillac 2005 CTS-V, VIN # ………., I am experiencing sever case of wheel hop. After talking with other CTS-V owners, I find that this is prevalent with other owners, both 2004 and 2005 models. Visits to my dealer’s service department have provided no satisfactory resolution. Among my concerns, besides the wheel hop itself, is that wheel hop will end up being costly in time and money to me and other owners as more and more rear end parts will fail, presumably under warranty and especially when out of warranty. I hope for a response to this letter that is satisfactory, such as a permanent fix for the wheel hop problem. Additionally, I would like to say that I and the other owners I have talked to love our cars and seek only a solution.

A concern CTS-V owner,

YOU NAME HERE

PneuBird
01-21-05, 03:59 AM
Looking good.....I'm in.....the more we complain about wheel hop the better.....GM are you listening? :banghead:

M5eatr
01-21-05, 10:27 AM
I am in also. Let's pray for a fix.

DgtalPimp
01-21-05, 11:53 AM
Homer403 the letter is really coming along great. I would like to see some wording arund what we expect and when. We are assuming that the letter will get read and then acted on. But lets not leave any wiggle room. "I expect to hear back from ..... by .....", "A solution should be in place by ..." Your thoughts?

homer403
01-21-05, 12:18 PM
I will do the next edit tonight so please keep the comments coming.

M5eatr
01-21-05, 02:12 PM
I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but I offer a revision to the basic letter. I think that threats aren't needed at this point. Let's first see if they admit the problem and see if there is a fix in the works. If they don't want to admit the issue, then the only way that they will want to fix it is if they are forced to by someone getting hurt or by the NTSF/DOT federal agencies. Complaints to these govt agencies can be filed, but let's hope it doesn't come to that and that Caddy will give us the fix we all feel safer with.

As an owner of a Cadillac 2005 CTS-V, VIN # ………., I am experiencing severe case of wheel hop. I believe that you are aware of the condition and hope that GM engineers are currently working to correct this issue. After talking with other CTS-V owners, I find that this is prevalent with other owners, both 2004 and 2005 models. Visits to my dealer’s service department have provided no satisfactory resolution. There are numerous aftermarket companies that have made an attempt to correct this known issue but have not been 100% successful. This leads me to believe that GM should be the one to devise a solution, as they are the ones who have developed the vehicle and should also be the ones to represent their products.

Although this condition can be induced by what you may call improper or abusive driving, I as well as others have experienced this phenomenon under routine driving conditions such as merging onto the freeways and under normal acceleration. A concern of the current and future CTS-V owners is the safety of this situation when it occurs to the passengers and others on the roadways. Could this situation cause catastrophic failure which could be a direct factor to the driver losing control? It would be unfortunate if this situation was to cause harm to any person or to property. All too often, big business will only correct issues when something unfortunate occurs and are forced to admit the negligence. Obviously the Ford-Firestone situation is still fresh in all our minds.

We, the CTS-V owners respectfully request a formal acknowledgement to this issue from GM. In addition, any information should be made available regarding this issue in regards to what has been done and what the future plans are for the situation. A report as to what detrimental effects could be expected with this condition over a long term period would also be helpful.

Thank you for your time and cooperation in this matter. We anxiously await your response.

Cordially,

M5eatr

DgtalPimp
01-21-05, 02:18 PM
M5Eater,

I like the letter as well as the work that Homer403 put into his letter. I personally would like to collectively edit your letter so that by Monday we have a collective agreement and can get this process moving.

What do the rest of you think?

lasstss
01-21-05, 02:51 PM
I like it!

urbanski
01-21-05, 03:34 PM
good luck guys.

last letter i sent there referencing a problem got a canned reply letter, not signed by anybody, saying "Contact the BBB Auto Line".

Koooop
01-21-05, 03:56 PM
After owning a CTS-V for a few months now I understand why the dealers are not allowing test drives. The wheel hop is pretty bad, it occurs in normal driving conditions on take off on wet pavement when turning right, whenever dirt or gravel is present at take off, but most embarrasing is hard 1-2 shift and the wheel hop occurs in the face of the driver of the M3 that is falling behind you...Or when trying like hell to keep up with an old fart in a S55 Kompressor.

I can't say I wouldn't have bought the car if I knew of the wheel hop, but it would have made me wait to drive the SRT8. So at this point I do feel that Cadillac is kind of turning a blind eye to this issue and that they should be assuring us that they are attempting to correct it completely or reduce the hop significantly.

Cadillac is trying to reinvent themselves, satisfactory resolution of this Wheel Hop is manditory if they really want to compete with BMW and MBZ in this performance catagory.

The letters look good, I hope there are enough V owners in this forum to get the Generals attention. When you guys have the letter complete, I'll sign it and forward it off. I would even pay for a dealer installed correction to keep my warranty in tact. Warranty issues are the only reason I have not tried the BRM kit.

Rickerbucks
01-21-05, 04:00 PM
I'll sign this "petition" when the consensus makes the final draft.

DgtalPimp
01-21-05, 04:21 PM
I would even pay for a dealer installed correction to keep my warranty in tact. Warranty issues are the only reason I have not tried the BRM kit.
I expect the dealer installed solution to be included in the price I already paid for the car.

erp2863
01-21-05, 04:24 PM
The letter should include something about safety concerns during un-expected manuevers that require accelerating abruptly to avoid danger or even standard highway merging.
Our comfort level during routine acceleration will be trumped by any safety related concern. The letter could also be forwarded to NTSA.

Eric

DgtalPimp
01-21-05, 04:27 PM
Agreed, safty will get this fixed well before our desire to have a working car.

M5eatr
01-21-05, 06:06 PM
That's what I tried to slant the letter towards, the safety issue. I truly am worried that if the hop does get bad enough to shake something loose underneath, it could cause loss of control of the vehicle. The federal NHTSA has a place where you can file a complaint. Here is the link NHTSA (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/)

BeagleBrains
01-21-05, 06:11 PM
Google search: Traction Bar. Hits: 476,000. This has been the object of affection on thousands upon thousands of automobiles. Ford Mustang changed the mounting arrangements any number of times to address Wheel Hop. CTS V is just another example.

onebadcad
01-21-05, 09:30 PM
"I expect the dealer installed solution to be included in the price I already paid for the car."
I'm with Digital on this, they already have my money, now I want the car that was advertised without any conditions or limitations or amended/voided warranties or any other inconvenience(s). Cadillac sold this car with full knowledge of the problem. No one should think that the wheel hop issue was not evident in testing, long before the V was rolled out to the dealers. I am sure the decision not to correct it was based on profit, and potential buyer's satisfaction (AND SAFETY!!!) was ignored; GREED IS NOT A GOOD THING. I have not owned a Corvette, nor a GTO, but am certain they do not have this issue. Forum members in solidarity should demand the same level of integrity from Cadillac that we adhere to when we send them a "valid" payment every month (okay, I realize some paid cash but i am trying to make a point)! Monday looks like signing day, count me in, thanks.

Redline
01-22-05, 12:52 AM
I'm in when everyone's done wordsmithing it to death.

homer403
01-22-05, 02:24 AM
It's Homer.... submit comments by 7:00 Sunday EST and I will incorporate and post. :thumbsup:

mitchm
01-22-05, 07:11 AM
As with most of you, I am not particularly hopeful we will get the result we want. However, being a "child of the 60's" activist, this does not mean we should not send the letters anyway. If nothing else, our combined action will at least let all of us on the message board know we have taken somke kind of step in unison (i.e.; the moral victory). Mitch

M5eatr
01-22-05, 11:44 AM
You guys could be surprised. I have a R1200C that BMW sold with a few "know issues." The tailight bezel would crack just for the sake of it. It cracked and the dealer said it was my fault so I paid to have it fixed. Then it happened again and again but I found a site for the R1200C and talk about a bunch of pains in the a$$e$. But after constant badgering and complaints to the NHTSB, they came up with a fix, and even swapped out the crappy chromed rims. So it can be done, especially when it is a SAFETY issue.

2004ctsv
01-22-05, 12:03 PM
You guys could be surprised. I have a R1200C that BMW sold with a few "know issues." The tailight bezel would crack just for the sake of it. It cracked and the dealer said it was my fault so I paid to have it fixed. Then it happened again and again but I found a site for the R1200C and talk about a bunch of pains in the a$$e$. But after constant badgering and complaints to the NHTSB, they came up with a fix, and even swapped out the crappy chromed rims. So it can be done, especially when it is a SAFETY issue.

Complaining to the Safety Board might help the cause. GM will have to know that once this thing gains traction (the problem, not the car!), it will be posted on every forum of every other car in this class.

This isn't what I'd like to have happen but there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative.

Tony

CVP33
01-22-05, 12:46 PM
I'm sure they're following this forum and particular thread closely. I took the risk of including my first and last name in my letter to Mr. Lutz in the hope that it would NOT be just another anonymous complaint, but a genuine attempt at resolution. Most owners are experiencing no dealer push back in replacing rear ends, which leads me to believe there is some communication with corporate GM re: our issues. GM can't afford for the V to have any quality or engineering issues. Remember this is the "Art and Science" car, albeit a little short on physics with regard to hopping axles. It's in everyone's best interest for this to be quietly taken care of. Our's for resale, GM's for image. Replacing rear differentials every 5-10,000 miles is not the answer.

Vrocks
01-22-05, 04:24 PM
You guys aren't going to like this post....

Wheel hop must be driving style dependent, because I don't suffer from it as much as some of you guys. Even on full throttle redline shifting from 1st to 2nd my wheels have never hopped under dry conditions. I have experienced wheel hop in wet conditions but not under gravel or salty road conditions.
Although, if I'm having a bad day :devil: I can be a bit abusive to the car (slightly immature)...when it piss me off in wet conditions, I let 'em hop (I know... a blown rear end would only make a bad day terrible).

I was pissed off enough when my tires were dead at 8-9,000mi with no burnouts, just some aggressive cornering and rolling acceleration runs.

I'm not paying jack :canttalk: for a wheel hop cure, and I don't think any legitimate fix will be cheap or easy to do. Besides, I knew the car had wheel hop issues when I leased it.

What all that rambling above really meant was:
I don't feel wheel hop is a terrible problem, and it's certainly not a safety issue. We purchased the cars and I don't think GM has to do a damn thing to fix it (legally speaking). I'll sign the letter (hoping for a miracle), it can't hurt to try. :yup:

Vrocks
01-22-05, 04:46 PM
... and it's certainly not a safety issue.

If the wheels hop that means they started to spin.
If your wheels are spinning you're not going anywhere fast.
If anything it's a good indicator to back off the power in order to regain traction and control.

The only way I could see a connection would be if (scenario):

Your merging with traffic (on a section of road with no shoulder) and under moderate acceleration the wheels hop, causing the rear end to fail (how you prove this I'm not sure...). Thus your unable to come up to speed, the traffic behind you fails to anticipate this, and they subsequently rear end you. GM would place the blame on Getrag for the failure, not their suspension design(and if the dealer installed aftermarket rims or tires, GM will push it onto them as well)... Of course, I believe the person who hit you is at fault for not having control of their vehicle, especially if you were clearly in their line of sight, i.e. ahead of them trying to merge.

CTSV04
01-22-05, 05:13 PM
I registered today so I could particpate in this thread. I like the idea of working together to voice our dis-satisfaction with the wheel hop problem and Cadillac's apparent lack of concern so far. I've owned my CTS-V for only a few months and unlike Vrocks I burn-out under fullthrottle redline and experience severe wheel-hop. I just replaced my burnt run flats with GS-D3's after only 6K miles. However, I have only redlined the car a few times since the wheel hop is so severe. I drive in dry conditions (Texas) and experience wheel hop every time I exceed 5000 RPM and shift from 1st to 2nd. The more RPM the worse the wheel hop. I can only hope that someone from Cadillac will listen and correct this problem. This car is too good to be ruined by one problem that I'm sure can be fixed with the right amount of effort and focus. I'm confident that if the wheel hop problem is not resolved in a timely fashion, CTS-V sales will suffer.

globed70
01-22-05, 08:03 PM
When I escalated this problem through GM management channels, and discussed with GMPD directly, they all say the same thing: this is a normal operating characteristic of the multi-link rear suspension.

You know, I love this car... it offers great value for money when you consider power, options, handling, and more than anything... how well connected it feels. But this crap from GM is disheartening. Yes, many of my previous high-power RWD cars had a bit of hop on RARE occassion... but with the temperatures plummeting, this is just plain PATHETIC.

Avejoe
01-22-05, 08:51 PM
I think:hmm: the 4.6, 0 to 60 was at their special down hill, that GM won't:tisk: let us use. I Love my V, but, feel, we, as owners, should be aloud to go there. They owe us big time !!!!! But they aint gettin my V back:gun: unless they can make it better :thumbsup:

homer403
01-24-05, 11:21 PM
Ok all... I have incorporated what I believe is a good letter. Please cut and past and insert your personal information (i.e., your name and address and VIN #, and signature) and go ahead and send it to me. I will wait two weeks and sedn it off to Cadillac. :drinker My address is:

Derek
8211 Peridot Dr., Apt #403
McLean, VA 22102

January 25, 2005

Your Name Here

Address

City, State Zip

P. O. Box 33169
Detroit, MI 48232-5169

Ref: CTS-V Wheel Hop Issue - Put Your VIN Number here

To Whom It May Concern:

As an owner of a Cadillac CTS-V, VIN # ………., I am experiencing sever case of wheel hop. After talking with other CTS-V owners, I find that this is prevalent with other owners, both 2004 and 2005 models. Visits to my dealer’s service department have provided no satisfactory resolution. Among my concerns, besides the wheel hop itself, is that wheel hop will end up being costly in time and money to me and other owners as more and more rear end parts will fail, presumably under warranty and especially when out of warranty. I hope for a response to this letter that is satisfactory, such as a permanent fix for the wheel hop problem. Additionally, I would like to say that I and the other owners I have talked to love our cars and seek only a solution.

As an owner of a Cadillac 2005 CTS-V, VIN # ………., I am experiencing severe case of wheel hop. I believe that you are aware of the condition and hope that GM engineers are currently working to correct this issue. After talking with other CTS-V owners, I find that this is prevalent with other owners, both 2004 and 2005 models. Visits to my dealer’s service department have provided no satisfactory resolution. There are numerous aftermarket companies that have made an attempt to correct this known issue but have not been 100% successful. This leads me to believe that GM/Cadillac should be the one to devise a solution, as they are the ones who have developed the vehicle and should also be the ones to represent their products.

Although this condition can be induced by what you may call improper or abusive driving, I as well as others have experienced this phenomenon under routine driving conditions such as merging onto the freeways and under normal acceleration. A concern of the current and future CTS-V owners is the safety of this situation when it occurs to the passengers and others on the roadways. Could this situation cause catastrophic failure which could be a direct factor to the driver losing control? It would be unfortunate if this situation was to cause harm to any person or to property. All too often, big business will only correct issues when something unfortunate occurs and are forced to admit the negligence. Obviously the Ford-Firestone situation is still fresh in all our minds. Other concerns is that the wheel hop will end up being costly in time and money to me and other owners as more and more rear end parts will fail, presumably under warranty and especially when out of warranty.

We, the CTS-V owners respectfully request a formal acknowledgement to this issue from GM/Cadillac. In addition, any information should be made available regarding this issue in regards to what has been done and what the future plans are for the situation. A report as to what detrimental effects could be expected with this condition over a long term period would also be helpful.

Thank you for your time and cooperation in this matter. We anxiously await your response.

Cordially,

YOU NAME HERE

Avejoe
01-25-05, 10:28 AM
Thanks Derek. Just put a stamp and mailed mine to U.

I come from a place that a hand shake means something special. !
I'm glad my CTS-V was made here. I would hope the people at GM read the writing on the wall and will deal with the problem honorably.
I own a business myself, and when I make a mistake, I own up to it and I eat it.
Streching the truth is aloud for fun, not profit. U at GM, what's up with the #s, Don't give them, if they can't be done ! Or give the #s and say, but I swear to God you got to hit that sucker just right, and elbow me !!!!!!

Groo-V
01-25-05, 10:56 AM
Letter on it's way....after some minor changes. Alot of things duplicate in the first in second paragraph. I appreciate you coordinating this. Let's hope it does some good.

homer403
01-25-05, 11:14 AM
Opp's I did it again..... on the letter, DELETE THE SECOND PARAGRAPH!!!!!!

So much for my cut and paste!!! Too much :drinker beer I guess.

Derek

Avejoe
01-25-05, 10:56 PM
needs to be on the front page of the forum !!!

Avejoe
01-25-05, 11:00 PM
This is our biggest problem as owners,:rant2: lets keep it up front and make it count !!!

DgtalPimp
01-26-05, 12:33 AM
Front page news.

V owners rock the factory... news at 11:00

Xylar
01-26-05, 12:46 AM
Just sent my letter out to ya......

M5eatr
01-26-05, 06:45 PM
My letter is also in the mail to you and GM.

DgtalPimp
01-27-05, 12:49 PM
In the mail to ya.

DgtalPimp
01-27-05, 03:54 PM
I got an email back yesterday from Cheryl Zerbe at Cadillac. Here is the email she sent me.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center to bring your concerns to our attention. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with your 2004 CTS-V, as I understand that vehicle concerns can be incredibly frustrating.

I would like to review your Vehicle Identification Number to determine that your vehicle is or is not included in any recalls at this time.

I welcome your comments and thank you for taking the time to write to us. Vehicle concerns are of great concern to us, and we would like the opportunity to address your concerns and assist you further if needed. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to discuss your concerns via telephone and gain some additional information.

Since you have not provided us with a telephone number where we may reach you, please contact the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center at: 1-800-458-8006. Customer Relationship Managers are available and can assist with your concerns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You may also contact me direct at: 1-866-932-4368 extension: 38483. My hours available are: Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm EST.

I have created a computer request with the information you have provided and have documented your concerns in our system. Your request number is 1-XXXXXXXXX. Please provide this service request number when contacting the assistance center.

Providing your request number in all correspondence will be greatly appreciated and will aid us in expediting a timely response.

Again, thank you for contacting Cadillac.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Zerbe
Customer Relationship Manager

Just thought I would let you guys knwo what is going on.

Groo-V
01-29-05, 03:09 PM
I got an email back yesterday from Cheryl Zerbe at Cadillac. Here is the email she sent me.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center to bring your concerns to our attention. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with your 2004 CTS-V, as I understand that vehicle concerns can be incredibly frustrating.

I would like to review your Vehicle Identification Number to determine that your vehicle is or is not included in any recalls at this time.

I welcome your comments and thank you for taking the time to write to us. Vehicle concerns are of great concern to us, and we would like the opportunity to address your concerns and assist you further if needed. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to discuss your concerns via telephone and gain some additional information.

Since you have not provided us with a telephone number where we may reach you, please contact the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center at: 1-800-458-8006. Customer Relationship Managers are available and can assist with your concerns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You may also contact me direct at: 1-866-932-4368 extension: 38483. My hours available are: Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm EST.

I have created a computer request with the information you have provided and have documented your concerns in our system. Your request number is 1-XXXXXXXXX. Please provide this service request number when contacting the assistance center.

Providing your request number in all correspondence will be greatly appreciated and will aid us in expediting a timely response.

Again, thank you for contacting Cadillac.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Zerbe
Customer Relationship Manager

Just thought I would let you guys knwo what is going on.

Let us know if you talk to them.....

On the recall point she made in her e-mail, it would be nice if recalls and "Service Bulletins" were publicly available somewhere. I have to believe there's at least a service bulletin out on this.

TCSisOFF
05-03-05, 05:31 PM
Whats more? You guys might think that this an issue prevalent in the V only.
You should see the laundry list off crap wrong with my non-V CTS.
And if you think any of you have it bad, I ended buying one with 1,500 miles on it that was a repo. That means I get an aftermarket warranty that is even harder to deal with.
Travis

Joey'sVee
05-10-05, 06:14 PM
Did anything ever come out of y'all mailing these letters? Any updates?

terrible one
05-23-05, 11:44 PM
What is wheel hop?

nukeduster
06-02-05, 07:53 PM
I've had wheel hop just driving a manual 3.6 CTS... One thing that will help in your battle is to mention the words "wheel hop is unsafe".

If you are experiencing wheel hop going into a turn, it is causing the car to become unbalanced and can cause you to lose control of the vehicle if you are in certain conditons.

Honestly, your best option is going to involve a lawyer drafting a letter, and potentially a class action. GM is too tight-belted right now for money to worry about people being "upset" over something that hasn't as of yet upset sales of the vehicle. People still love the V, and people are still buying it. Unless the status-quo changes, it'll take a lawyer to have GM officially admit that the problem even exists, let alone them designing a fix for it. Sad but true.

GreenMachine
12-08-05, 05:27 AM
how is this going? A V is to expensive for me but I still love that car and wish for it to go far, I hope they get this taken care of.