: so apparently, Acura dealers think the ILX competes with the ATS

M5eater
05-26-13, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrFx0LClf_E

it's just a short 1 minute plug, but the comparison left me a bit puzzled.

Even in 2.5L trim, the ATS is in every way, a superior car. That's why it's priced 8K more than a base trim ILX.

:hmm:

The TSX is clearly a more comparable vehicle, christ even a TL is only 2 grand more than a Base ATS.

get your shit straight Acura of Pompano FL.

FL.. nevermind, thread resolved lol

investor74
05-27-13, 12:38 AM
The comparison that I've seen most compares the ILX to a Buick Verano. The ILX consistently fails even that competition. The Verano crushes the ILX.

If you want to think the ILX compares with the ATS, you probably bought this advertisement in the '70s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sblq-CwzEY

Stevo Supremo
05-27-13, 12:52 AM
lmfao the ILX does NOT compete with the ATS in any way, I sat in one at the Auto show, it literally felt like a fluffed up Honda. The Verano is much nicer than the ILX and the ATS is just apples and oranges.

I never really liked Acura to be honest though, they are butt ugly and theirs not much interesting about them

donavo
05-27-13, 01:45 AM
Acura is fantastic. My last car was a 2012 tsx special edition. It was a great car. Looked very nice, felt very nice. Before I got that I was test driving the ilx. It was very very weak. It's known to be a civic basically. The tsx on the other hand is amazing. Even though it's FWD, the driving dynamics were crazy good. But even with all that, it does not compare to an ATS. Especially engine power wise. which is why I traded it in with negative equity just to get into the ATS. So comparing ilx to ATS is just dumb.

thebigjimsho
05-27-13, 09:40 AM
Acura is fantastic. My last car was a 2012 tsx special edition. It was a great car. Looked very nice, felt very nice. Before I got that I was test driving the ilx. It was very very weak. It's known to be a civic basically. The tsx on the other hand is amazing. Even though it's FWD, the driving dynamics were crazy good. But even with all that, it does not compare to an ATS. Especially engine power wise. which is why I traded it in with negative equity just to get into the ATS. So comparing ilx to ATS is just dumb.

I really like the latest gen TSX myself. Just a well proportioned, great looking car. Too bad its FWD. As for the TL, its a little funky looking but I kinda like it. And a manual with AWD is a good thing. The ILX, however, is just trash. It looks like what Dodge would have done with the Avenger...

CZ4
05-27-13, 10:18 AM
I traded in a Acura CSX (Canadian market) for my ATS Turbo.

CSX is the predecessor to the ILX. ie Civic with Acura upgrades and slightly better powertrain.
While I miss the high revving nature of my old Honda/Acura, it's still a Civic. Underpowered, front wheel drive, tin can car.
In my old Acura, you could feel and hear everything on the road/outside the car, does not feel 'luxury' at all.

ATS was the perfect upgrade for me, although I wish the motor was louder. The car is so plush and insulated, I'm still adjusting my hearing sense when driving.

gohawks63
05-27-13, 10:42 AM
Acura makes some great cars, but in my opinion the styling department has lost their way over the years. That's why I jumped ship after 19 years. The ILX is in no way a competitor to the ATS. Maybe the TSX, but it's still an apples to oranges comparison for the most part. TSX is FWD where as the ATS is a RWD based car.