: Oil Dipstick -- Heat, Length, Greenish Colour

Lorne
05-26-13, 07:25 PM
Some observations on checking the oil in the ATS:

1. The oil dipstick gets really hot! There's even a little warning symbol on the dipstick ring. Even after filling with gas, the dipstick has not cooled sufficiently for me to grab it with my fingers, I need to use paper towels to hold it.

2. The dipstick is long and when pulling it up, you can't go straight up as the hood gets in the way, you have to bend it in order to clear the hood.

3. I noticed a bit of a greenish colour at the top of the dipstick the last couple of times I checked the oil (been checking each fill-up during break-in period, now at 1100km). I'm thinking maybe there's some sort of rubber/plastic seal that is disintegrating from the heat. Has anyone else seen this when checking your oil? Any thoughts as to what it is?

Siren05
05-26-13, 09:03 PM
Mine is normal..

Must be BOOST JUICE!! JK

RemaxAl
05-26-13, 09:41 PM
I noticed checking mine that the stick handle gets down right tropical. I have no idea what the green stuff is you speak of. Never had that happen.

Lorne
06-04-13, 11:56 PM
Well, the greenish stuff hasn't returned (wiped it up when I discovered it), and the seals at the top of the dipstick seem tight, so I will just chock it up to gremlins.