: New Revshift Motor Mounts and Trans mount insert

jonathan2169
05-26-13, 04:00 PM
Finally got the job done. MM's are in! Trans mount insert is in! We had a great morning and our mechanic's extensive set of tools meant we didn't have to take any exhaust components out and we were done in about 3hrs(crazy!)...

We started to work on the diff bushing but held off because we weren't 100% on the process..

About to drive outta here; wait to see if I notice any difference when driving! :)

brngrhd
05-26-13, 10:32 PM
Well?

jonathan2169
05-27-13, 01:44 PM
The difference is immediate! No more clunk pulling ahead... feels like power is transferred direct to the wheels. I knew it was bad, but once I made the switch you really find out what u were missing!
On the downside I caught an exhaust clamp backing off the lift(had issues retracting) and what had been a small(soot evidence) exhaust leak appears to be larger and audible. Gonna reach below today and see Iif the clamp is just loose, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a crack now... also noticed the harmonic balancer has a wobble. I'm reading up on both so I'll have some new projects in short order. The fun continues...