: i might be getting a new car...

Adam
01-20-05, 05:32 AM
... sooner than i had hoped. the Lincoln is just getting worse. it is all fixed right now and, get this, it had to be done by an electrician (he does car maintnance also). he fixed the air bag problem (they wouldnt blow up) and he went through the whole system. we picked it up yesterday and on the way home the car just died. the battery died. we got it back up to his shop and he looked at it. turned out to be a 10 amp fuse. anyway he said the car might be fine for a month or two but he had seen cars like this before and he said it was best to trade it in and get another car (prefferably new) before it winds up costing me thousands of dollars that i dont have to fix this stupid thing. so i have been searching the local car dealership sites and have found a few in my price range. the list is as follows:

1999 ETC ( 12,997. how much horsepower does this thing have anyway?)
2001 DTS (a little pricey but not too bad at 16,200. for the mileage i mean)
1999 Escalade (same price as the DTS)
1999 Navigator (18k for it, not bad)
1999 Deville (it a D'elegance and it is listed at 12,777 so not too bad)
and a 2000 DTS (they want 22k, so i doubt it, and one for 17k)

i am gonna look at these vehicles probably monday. that Lincoln has only caused me problems since the day i bought it. i got it in June of 03 (after i graduated) and it had 122k miles on it. it now has just over 131k. it has been in the shop atleast once a week since i have had it (save for the 6 months it just sat cause i didnt have the money to do anything with it). all in all i have spent more money fixing it than what i paid for it (and i paid 5k).

Leloz
01-20-05, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your Lincoln misfortune. My oldest son bought a 1993 TC Cartier in 2002 from an elderly couple, it only had 56,000 miles on it. Needless to say he experienced so many problems with it that within two months he fixed all he could, detailed it, and took it to trade it in. The dealership gave him a decent amount of money but he still lost $ overall.. it was better than putting more money in a lost cause.

Out of your list, I would go with the ETC. It has the 300hp version of the Northstar and the ETC version of the Eldorado is somewhat rare, especially if it has moonroof. Goodluck and let us know what you buy!

Adam
01-20-05, 07:04 PM
yeah, i thought about going with it. 300 hp ya say? thats pretty cool. i owe 3k on the Lincoln and they should give about that on it so i might break even on trade. i went to trade the Lincoln in before (it had worse problems then) and the dealership was gonna give me 5,500 for it so i might get that. i planned on going with the ETC or the DTS. they have a 03 CTS but they want too much for it. i think they wanted 27k for it.

Ralph
01-20-05, 07:12 PM
You had a Lincoln Adam???

Go for the ETC, they are beautiful, sporty and the price isn't bad! I want more details on it.

Adam
01-20-05, 07:27 PM
here ya go Ralph/ guys: http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=51JADU03&dlr=JADU&searchstring=Cadillac

thats it. the only thing i dont like about it is that grill. i dont like the fact that it is red, so if i buy it ill have to look into a E&G classic grill.

Adam
01-20-05, 07:30 PM
Ralph, did you not read under my ownership uh thing? 1995 Licoln Continental. man, i have spent so much time fixing this thing it aint funny. brand new this car was over 40k. problems as bad as the ones ive had with it should not occur in this car. regardless of the age. it has 18 inch Mossa 744 C wheels (cost me 1600 bucks) and a nice sound system. but the problems with this thing have been too often too many. im getting rid of it.

Ralph
01-20-05, 07:38 PM
That's a nice Eldo!! Offer them 9 or 10k and see if they go for it. Don't be embarrassed to start low and go up a bit if you have to!

I don't think I ever read your ownership thingy, but I'll have to now! :)

Adam
01-20-05, 07:46 PM
yeah it tends to change from time to time:D . hopefully i can get rid of that Lincoln soon. that car could be gone by the time i am ready to trade it in. i wonder if they will trade? some of them dont when you still owe money on them. either that or the DTS will be my next car. let me find the DTS page.

here it is: http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=01HAAM02&dlr=HAAM&searchstring=cadillac

Ralph
01-20-05, 07:54 PM
yeah it tends to change from time to time:D . hopefully i can get rid of that Lincoln soon. that car could be gone by the time i am ready to trade it in. i wonder if they will trade? some of them dont when you still owe money on them. either that or the DTS will be my next car. let me find the DTS page.

here it is: http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=01HAAM02&dlr=HAAM&searchstring=cadillac

That DTS looks ok, but I'd rather have the ETC, then you'd have some extra money left over for customization if you want.

I bet you'll never recover the cost of those rims on the Lincoln!

WHAT!!! :confused: You've got an '89 Deville?!! :eek: :sneaky:

Adam
01-20-05, 08:56 PM
huh, those rims only have 200 miles on them. and i have had them since april of 04. pretty bad aint it? the stock wheels are going back on the Lincoln. those Mossas are going to be sold unless i can get them to fit on the Eldo. it has 4 different lug patterns in it so i'll try. if not, oh well. all customization is going to the Fleetwood (Ralph, you shoulda known that:hitstick: :D ).

yup an 89 Deville (sneaky aint i). my little brother owns it now (well he didnt buy it but he is driving it.) that thing needs a tune up real bad. we put 20 bucks in it yesterday and it is on "E". other than that it is in perfect shape. interior looks brand new (velour) and the outside is flawless except for one chip on the back and a small crease in the door about the size of your hand (dont know what hit or bumped it). it has almost 160k miles on it.

ill show you the pics of some others i have considered but probably wont happen.
http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=38ACCW02&dlr=ACCW&searchstring=Cadillac

http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=51JADU04&dlr=JADU&searchstring=cadillac

http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=03HAAY01&dlr=HAAY&searchstring=lincoln

Ralph
01-20-05, 09:05 PM
huh, those rims only have 200 miles on them. and i have had them since april of 04. pretty bad aint it? the stock wheels are going back on the Lincoln. those Mossas are going to be sold unless i can get them to fit on the Eldo. it has 4 different lug patterns in it so i'll try. if not, oh well. all customization is going to the Fleetwood (Ralph, you shoulda known that:hitstick: :D ).

yup an 89 Deville (sneaky aint i). my little brother owns it now (well he didnt buy it but he is driving it.) that thing needs a tune up real bad. we put 20 bucks in it yesterday and it is on "E". other than that it is in perfect shape. interior looks brand new (velour) and the outside is flawless except for one chip on the back and a small crease in the door about the size of your hand (dont know what hit or bumped it). it has almost 160k miles on it.

ill show you the pics of some others i have considered but probably wont happen.
http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=38ACCW02&dlr=ACCW&searchstring=Cadillac

http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=51JADU04&dlr=JADU&searchstring=cadillac

http://www.tpost.com/listing.asp?ad=03HAAY01&dlr=HAAY&searchstring=lincoln

That '99 Deville is nice too, but you're young, you should have a sporty 2 door luxury car. :thumbsup:

You're keeping the Fleetwood no matter what eh? Why do you want another car? You'll have the '89 Deville for a beater car, the Fleetwood for shows, etc. What an Eldo, etc.?

Usually when you put accessories on a car you can't get your money back because they are used. That's why I didn't think you could recover the cost of those rims, and they MAY NOT increase the price of the car because the dealer could say something like "well we didn't ask for them so why should we give you more for a trade..."

Adam
01-20-05, 09:59 PM
That '99 Deville is nice too, but you're young, you should have a sporty 2 door luxury car. :thumbsup:

You're keeping the Fleetwood no matter what eh? Why do you want another car? You'll have the '89 Deville for a beater car, the Fleetwood for shows, etc. What an Eldo, etc.?

Usually when you put accessories on a car you can't get your money back because they are used. That's why I didn't think you could recover the cost of those rims, and they MAY NOT increase the price of the car because the dealer could say something like "well we didn't ask for them so why should we give you more for a trade..."

well, the 89 is for my youngest brother (i gave it to him as his birthday present) and the Fleetwood wont be an everyday driver.

yeah when i took it to the dealership a while back they told me the rims werent an issue. they dont give more or less for them so i am gonna put the stock wheels back on and sell the 18s.

im not much into fast cars. like the motto says "F*ck the fast and furious, i ride slow and luxurious." i like the big cars. i am gonna try to find a 64 Impala and a 90-92 Brougham for project cars (as in JUICE) and the Fleet will be the show car. i just need an everyday driver that is in good shape (no mechanical problems) and all that good stuff. oh and it has to be a Caddy. i dont like driving anything else (escept for classic Chevys and what not).

ben72227
01-21-05, 12:30 AM
Go for the ETC; not only are they fun to drive, but they are a rare thing to see nowadays. Plus, you will LOVE that 300 HP Northstar!

Ralph
01-21-05, 04:20 AM
Adam, don't pass up a chance to own a nice Eldo!! They will become rare and I hardly ever see them here!

Playdrv4me
01-21-05, 10:17 AM
Adam, I wish I had known about this sooner. I maybe could have sold you my brothers old 96 Lincoln Connie which is the same car. I let it go for 500.00 on trade, the dealer I traded it to still has it and I can probably buy it back from him. Surprisingly, after the bags were replaced, the issues left were just the sh!tty paint a loose door panel and a worn out ignition cylinder that doesnt hold the key. I was going to try and sell it for 1200 bucks but didnt wanna deal with registration and insurance here in TX, so I left it in KS. If you want to use it as a parts car, it only has 127k miles and still runs strong. I would go with the ETC otherwise, thats a 300 horsepower coupe.

Adam
01-21-05, 09:14 PM
oh thanks for the offer Play but i must pass. i am really sick of this car. it has been a headache from day one. i found another Eldo (im not sure if it is an ETC though). its black on black (my favorite color combo) and it has the chrome wheels (so it might be an ETC). i didnt get a chance to look at it cause i was in a hurry and i had to get to home so i could get ready for work. ill probably look tomorrow or Monday. it all depends on how much i get back on my taxes. i dont know what year it is either but they want 15,990 for it. there was a black on black Mustang there to but i doubt ill get it.

Adam
01-21-05, 09:41 PM
hmmm, i tried to get the pic of it off their website but they didnt have one!?!? the Eldo didnt have the wreath on the hood but in the grill so it might be an ETC (where there any others like that or just the Eldo and ETC?) i might go with it if i can get these guys to work with me. last time i went there they wouldnt. i tried to get a 99 Deville but they wouldnt get the payment were i wanted it. bastards.

Playdrv: i have the same problem with the drivers side door, the bags, the relays, the computer itself (which is why i am gonna get rid of it cause the guys said it wouldnt last much longer). so looks like we were in the same boat. only 800 on trade in? Courtesy Chevrolet Cadillac was gonna give me 5,000 or 5,500 on a trade for a 2000 DHS. they didnt work with me either. they told me the payment was gonna be 530 a month and there wasnt nothing else they could do. i told them there was one thing they could do :sneaky: . bastards. they did get the payment down to 472 but i just couldnt afford it at the time.

Ralph
01-21-05, 09:46 PM
Screw the trade-in, sell it privately and then at least you can still haggle down the price because usually when you trade, they just take off the price of the trade-in vehicle, and THAT'S it!

Adam
01-21-05, 09:57 PM
Screw the trade-in, sell it privately and then at least you can still haggle down the price because usually when you trade, they just take off the price of the trade-in vehicle, and THAT'S it!

i know that but it could take forever to get rid of that thing. besides ive tried before and no one would buy it. one person wanted to take over the payments but i aint going that route. my friends mom let someone do that and it ruined her credit. i had it in for almost 2 months and i got 4 calls on it. and that was with the wheels. so i am just gonna trade it in. i owe 3,805.43 on it and say they give me 3k for it (it is what Ktown motors offered last time as opposed to 5000 from Courtesy). theyll take off the 3k so it would be 12,990. then they add back on what i owe on it so it will be 16,800 (or close to it). that is what the ending price for the car will be. well then factor in interest, tax, tags, insurance, etc. etc. i am looking for the payment to be 350 a month at the most.

Adam
01-25-05, 06:12 PM
Well damn. they sold that ETC on Saturday. guess ill have to look somewhere else. ill probably look at Kingsport Motors next week at the black one they had.