: Charlie Bell and McDonald's

Playdrv4me
01-20-05, 01:56 AM
Charlie Bell, the CEO of McDonalds died recently, and its had me thinking. Before him, the last guy died of a heart attack. Charlie Bell died of colon cancer at 44... yes 44.

Its really gotten me thinking about fast food and McDonalds in particular. I saw that movie SuperSize Me recently, and the guy in it ate McDonalds for like a month. By the end of the month his liver apparently was close to that of a heavy drinkers. I eat alot of fast food and junk food so Im curious to see if you guys think both of their last CEO's deaths were contributable to their own food? Charlie started working for Mac at age 19 and quickly worked his way up the ladder, I heard that he would sample the food at least once daily...

Ralph
01-20-05, 01:59 AM
60 or more grams of fat from one burger would probably kill an elephant, let alone a human! Not good!! It would take about 2 hours of playing tennis non-stop to burn that off.

My friend from China mentioned to me that they are getting obese there because McDonalds set up shop there.

Playdrv4me
01-20-05, 02:48 AM
60 or more grams of fat from one burger would probably kill an elephant, let alone a human! Not good!! It would take about 2 hours of playing tennis non-stop to burn that off.

My friend from China mentioned to me that they are getting obese there because McDonalds set up shop there.

Yup, Guatemala too. My dad actually moved down there, and I went down to live with him for a couple of years. I was astonished and now thinking back somewhat saddened to see so many of our trashcan restaurants taking a foothold in even the oldest or most third-world type countries. Get this, they have McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, Wendy's, Taco Bell, SCHLOTZKYS of all things, and even a Friday's! You name it its there, and on every street corner of Guatemala city, just like here.

HotRodSaint
01-20-05, 10:38 AM
SCHLOTZKYS of all things

We don't even have a Shlotzkys in SoCal, that I know of.

I long ago turned from burgers to chicken, then from 'fried' chicken to broiled and then fast food just got dull.

I like Del Taco. Every 6 months or so, I eat and 'In and Out' burger, animal style for those that are in the know.

But I cannot shake my Papa John's pizza jones. I need to eat them once every 2 weeks or so.

RBraczyk
01-20-05, 11:26 AM
I try hard not to eat fast food, but its really hard to kick it. I guess its probably better for me that I don't go there anymore.

juiceE
01-20-05, 11:45 AM
I stopped eatin fast foods for a while now. sh1t gives me diarrhea now wen ever I "indulge"... & wdf is Shlotzkys?? is that a Polish fast food spot dare I ask! Lol

Playdrv4me
01-20-05, 12:08 PM
I stopped eatin fast foods for a while now. sh1t gives me diarrhea now wen ever I "indulge"... & wdf is Shlotzkys?? is that a Polish fast food spot dare I ask! Lol

Its just a sandwich place like Subway or Quizno's. The sandwiches are just different, its like a sourdough soft round bread instead of your traditional long sub.

http://www.cooldeli.com/

HotRodSaint
01-20-05, 12:35 PM
Its just a sandwich place like Subway or Quizno's. The sandwiches are just different, its like a sourdough soft round bread instead of your traditional long sub.

Quizno's is the best, in my opinion. But I do like Shlotsky's BBQ chicken pizza's! :thumbsup:

And both of their sandwhiches tend to create gut bombs that go off in the wee hours of the morning! :eek: :farting:

Which is why I prefer Papa Johns too. The gut bombs that Pizza Hut and Dominoes create, never happen enter my system with Papa John's.

So maybe it's something in the bread or pizza dough that introduces this time bomb? :hmm:

And we are worried about the meat! ;)

RBraczyk
01-20-05, 02:29 PM
Hmmm, come to Quizno's in DT crossing in Baahston and get Hepatitus C.

Vesicant
01-20-05, 04:30 PM
I too, rarely eat fast food as often.

Although if i do now , i usually like going to wendy's ... atleast its like your actually getting food worth eating and it doesnt end up all comming out at once after digestion sets in (unlike places like MCD's and/or BurgerKing).

Noticed lately that they now print "100% Beef" on the wrappers at mcdonalds...hmmm :eek:

Sandy
01-20-05, 05:15 PM
McDonalds is pure Siht! We call them Bone Burgers! They use ground up bonemeal and cereal in them. Ever notice how, after eating a McDonalds burger, you have all these little tiny pieces of something in your mouth???
Tiny little (but hard) pieces? That's Bones, brother!

Wendys is the best, by far. I enjoy their salads, and their chilli and their baked potato & butter. I do not eat their burgers.

ben72227
01-20-05, 05:35 PM
I also saw SuperSize Me. I've never really liked McDonalds too much just because they never had the variety that other places had (they don't have onion rings, flame broiled burgers, frozen cokes/icees, etc.). I prefer Arbys most of the time, because i just love their marketfresh sandwhiches and curly fries.

Taco Bell is okay if i have it about once every 3-4 months. I also really like Sonic and Wendys because at Wendys you know their burgers are real (cause they're so damn greasy!) and their chicken nuggets are THE BEST EVER compared to the rest of the chains. Not to mention they have salads, potatoes, etc. Its just too bad their fries aren't as good as the others though.

I think the problem with obesity in this country isn't so much the fast food, but more that people don't exercise anymore (they're all sedentary (sp?)) and people just sit in front of their computers all day instead of doing manual labor like the old days. Plus, no one seems to cook meals anymore; everyones too tired or whatever.

But i try to exercise and eat somewhat healthy so...

davesdeville
01-20-05, 07:56 PM
I eat at fast food places a lot. The lunch served at my school has to be worse for you... I eat at Wendys, Taco Bell, Subway, Del Taco, occasionally McDonalds - I can only stand to eat the fries there. If Wendys would make their fries not suck I'd go there more, but their chicken nuggets, chili, and frosties more than make up for the bad fries.

airbalancer
01-20-05, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=HotRodSaint]
Which is why I prefer Papa Johns too. The gut bombs that Pizza Hut and Dominoes create, never happen enter my system with Papa John's.

So maybe it's something in the bread or pizza dough that introduces this time bomb? :hmm
QUOTE]
I could be the different cheezes that kill you
I find some place I can live after eating their food other places it is slow death

HotRodSaint
01-20-05, 08:55 PM
I could be the different cheezes that kill you
I find some place I can live after eating their food other places it is slow death

That might be true too. Papa Johns advertises 'real' cheese. So maybe the others use fake cows to make their fake cheese! :D

RBraczyk
01-20-05, 09:36 PM
I'm not a big papa johns fan because the cheese gets wierd brown spots on it.

HotRodSaint
01-20-05, 09:42 PM
I'm not a big papa johns fan because the cheese gets wierd brown spots on it.

Just like real cheese when it's over cooked!

BUILDINGCTSAMG
01-20-05, 10:36 PM
i eat too much fastfood now that im in college, Although i usually end up going to chipotle instead of mcdonalds or wendys

BTW HotRod i figured you would be all about the Chick-Fil-a Maybe you dont have them in cali?

Vesicant
01-20-05, 10:37 PM
mmm.. cheese tastes better to me when its slightly overcooked.

Had papa johns all the time in minnesota, yep... they're one of the greats.

HotRodSaint
01-20-05, 10:48 PM
BTW HotRod i figured you would be all about the Chick-Fil-a Maybe you dont have them in cali?

When I was living in Knoxville, I was all over them. I like their wraps. Sonic has good wraps too. I also liked Petro's every once in awhile.

But Backyard Burger was very hard to stay away from.

I think I lost 20lbs in my first 2 months back in California thanks to the lack of Backyard burger.

In California, I am a Del Taco or Green Burrito fan.

But I do enjoy my green sauce on a bean burrito from Taco Bell. I couldn't beelive it the first time I ordered a green burrito in Knoxville and they said they don't have green sauce. How un-American is that? :lildevil:

davesdeville
01-20-05, 11:06 PM
I'm no fan of papa johns because that guy is an ass.

HotRodSaint
01-21-05, 01:44 AM
I'm no fan of papa johns because that guy is an ass.

Only in America can an a$$ be successful.

In other countries, they only carry supplies up the mountain side!

HotRodSaint
01-21-05, 01:51 AM
Only in America can an a$$ be successful.

In other countries, they only carry supplies up the mountain side!

They also serve them in tacos in Tijuana.

Mmmmm...

I need a street taco now! ;)