: check engine soon

98deville
01-20-05, 12:16 AM
My CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came on the other day, I pressed the off & warmer buttons and pulled up these codes:

PCM P0122
P0463
P0603
P1599

ACM B1348

SDM B1147
B1148
B1327
Anyone Know what would cuase the air bag malfunction, low voltage and all that? And what can I do to fix it? I also recently changed my Coolant.. and cleaned the tb and egr valve.....could it be that i disconnected the connectors on the tb and egr valve?

mcowden
01-20-05, 04:21 PM
Are the codes current or history? If they're history and you don't remember these things happening recently, clear them out and get them again if the SES light comes on. The throttle position sensor or stall codes would turn on SES, but the 463 and 603 won't as far as I know. So whichever of those is happening is the one to troubleshoot. Just need to know which it is. The throttle position sensor is on the throttle body. Is it reconnected properly? Was the ignition turned on when you disconnected the sensor?

You didn't mention any symptoms. How is it running? Did you really have a stall? Anything going on other than perfectly normal operation?

B1348: Very low AC refrigerant pressure - I think you can figure that one out

B1147 and B1148: Driver and passenger side airbag malfunction - I don't know about this one. Is it current or history? Maybe the sensor is bad or there's a wiring problem somewhere in the circuit. Check the fuses. Can't think of a good way to troubleshoot it. Anyone else with ideas here?

B1327: Voltage below 9 volts - I dunno about this one either. Maybe set during a start on a cold morning? How old is the battery? Has the ignition beel left on for an extended period of time without the engine running? Perhaps when you cleaned the TB and unplugged the TPS? Is it current or history?

cadillactech
01-22-05, 09:54 AM
603 is battery reset
1599 is stall code
463 I think is fuel pump ckt
122 I'll have to get back to you on that one

Any way, disregard the 603, and 463. They will cause no problems.