: bose speaker noise

blkprote
05-26-13, 01:39 AM
I have a noise coming from right front bose speaker on my 08 cts has anyone else had this problem? The noise is intermittent but it occurs with the radio on or off

spind
05-26-13, 09:53 AM
I have also had this occur on my 2011 coupe Bose system. I would describe it as sounding like I ran over a wet bag full of leaves. In my case it emanates from the drivers door speaker with or without the radio power on.
It seams to occur after the car has been outside after a rain storm. I have checked the drain plugs in the door and everything is dry.
I haven't bothered with taking it to the dealer because it is so intermit I doubt they will be able to reproduce.

MoFex
05-26-13, 01:38 PM
My wife's Infiniti has a Bose system. Several moths ago she started complaining about noises from her radio system. During our trip to Florida 2 weeks ago the system basically failed. We had noise coming for the speaker even though radio was off. Last week I replaced the Bose amplifier. Dealer charged us $1,200 for that repairs. I was expensive but only first repairs in almost 137,000 mile SOS it was worth it. Based on that experience I would say your Bose amplifier is on its way out.....be ready for replacement....

RAB
05-26-13, 05:34 PM
To try and address the problem I would remove and install several times all amplifier plugs as a way to 'clean' individual connector pins. This helps remove surface oxidation on connector pins and can work to improve electrical continuity. The amplifier is located in the trunk, on the left wall behind the trim. Before carrying this out make sure all power is turned off (i.e. ignition switch to OFF and Retained Power feature off/cancelled).
Note that even with the radio turned off the amplifier is still activated/on duty to generate audible warnings (chime sounds) in the cabin through the driver door speaker (possibly the other front speakers as well, depending on the type of audio system installed) to alert the driver of a system concern or critical vehicle condition. The amplifier receives audible warning requests via the serial data circuit from the instrument panel cluster (IPC).

spind
05-27-13, 06:11 PM
Perhaps a loose/corroded contact as RAB suggested or perhaps a new amp as MOFLEX encountered.
As it's under warranty I'll let them figure it out.
Have an appt. on Thursday.

spind
06-06-13, 09:43 PM
Dealer performed the following under warranty.

Replace AMP and repair l/f speaker harness.
3421200 radio speaker amplifier replacement.

This has returned my stereo to 100%