: Turn off "caution" voice alerts?

Mister S.
05-25-13, 06:30 PM
How do I turn off the voice alerts like "caution, road construction / narrow lanes / etc?" Navigation > menu > 'voice prompts off' does not turn these messages off. This is for the turn by turn directions I'm assuming. Any ideas?

Hoosier Daddy
05-25-13, 06:49 PM
How do I turn off the voice alerts like "caution, road construction / narrow lanes / etc?" Navigation > menu > 'voice prompts off' does not turn these messages off. This is for the turn by turn directions I'm assuming. Any ideas?
I don't know how to turn them off but FWIW those must be coming from the satellite radio service which might help you narrow your search.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-25-13, 10:07 PM

Hello Mister S,

I apologize that turning the voice prompts off isn’t working from the menu. Here is the number for our Infotainment team who would be best equipped to handle your question: 855-478-7767. They are open 8AM – 10PM EST, 7 days a week for your convenience. I hope this information helps, and I hope that they help resolve your concern. Keep us updated!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Mister S.
05-27-13, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the input, but here's the latest... The audio alerts are in fact built into the XM trial subscription which includes NavTraffic. After speaking to three XM customer service reps, I'm told any trial subscriptions cannot be canceled or altered. Ridiculous. I have to listen to this for another 2 months alerting me of inaccurate traffic conditions and bogus construction warnings. Understand these alerts happen about every couple of miles, over and over again. Keep up the great work, XM.

Hoosier Daddy
05-27-13, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the input, but here's the latest... The audio alerts are in fact built into the XM trial subscription which includes NavTraffic. After speaking to three XM customer service reps, I'm told any trial subscriptions cannot be canceled or altered. Ridiculous. I have to listen to this for another 2 months alerting me of inaccurate traffic conditions and bogus construction warnings. Understand these alerts happen about every couple of miles, over and over again. Keep up the great work, XM.
Now you should contact Cadillac Customer Service. Hopefully they can help. And if they can't help, bring attention to the XM problem and GM's inability to help by posting how-tos for finding and cutting the wire to the antenna. How ridiculous.

MotoDC
05-28-13, 06:02 PM
@Mister S. Have you reviewed the settings in the "Traffic" area of the Navigation menu? I thought I had seen a setting in there about voice prompts for road conditions.

kiboater
06-04-13, 04:00 PM
The one I particular like is the "Air Quality Warning". It will show over and over again. There needs to be a way to select which ones you want to see and the frequency of the repeat warning.

ivo09
09-07-13, 09:56 PM
Sorry to bring up an old topic...but this was my problem exactly. I drive an XTS as a chauffeur and I find it extremely annoying that I cannot turn the traffic and constructions chimes and alerts off. Not only is it a nuisance to me but also to my customers. And XM radio lost a customer because I was going to get a subscription after my trail was over (I like XM radio) but I will not simply for the alerts to stop. It is completely unacceptable for a 45+ thousand dollar vehicle to not be able to turn off some cautions. Who designed this thing? Cadillac is lucky that Lincoln have no full size sedan options for limos (the MKS is small and the MKT isn't a sedan). This is the only reason so many limo companies are turning to the XTS.

Also, every time I start my vehicle the navigation voice guidance is automatically on. Even after repeatedly setting it to OFF, its still reverts to ON after every shut down. The CUE system cannot remember a simple setting? I don't want voice guidance!

Not a very happy Cadillac owner.

Rick S
09-07-13, 10:53 PM
If memory serves me right, I believe I just turned the volume down while it was speaking. But you have to do it while its talkin to ya.

pissedoffwookiee
09-08-13, 05:29 AM
you can still subscribe to xm just don't add traffic and weather to your subscription....problem solved sort of, they just give you everything during the trial to try to hook ya