: 2006 escalade whining noise while starting.

kthomas3
05-25-13, 05:14 PM
Hello,
I have a 2006 escalade that whines during start up. Once the engine has started, the noise goes away. I replaced the starter a few months ago. Any idea what this could be?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-25-13, 07:12 PM
Hello,
I have a 2006 escalade that whines during start up. Once the engine has started, the noise goes away. I replaced the starter a few months ago. Any idea what this could be?

Hello kthomas3,

I understand you are reaching out to the community for their thoughts on what the noise could be, but I wanted to extend my assistance to you if you decide you would like to work with a dealership. Send me a private message with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to be in contact with. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to assisting you with your concern.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

the cadillac man
05-25-13, 08:28 PM
Hello,

The only thing I can think of is the starter

YoshiMan
05-26-13, 06:53 PM
Does it make the sound RIGHT as the engine starts up, or just when its cranking? Because mine makes a funny rattling sound too just for a split second, and i want to say its my idler pulley for the belt, since its making some noise that goes away once it warms up.