: Cold Start...

SBONES
01-19-05, 09:49 AM
In the recent mornings the V doesnt like the cold. The tire sensors are blinking and makes a weird noise when i first start it. After about 15mins it warms up and seems normal. Any one else have a slight problem in the morning cold.

steve711
01-19-05, 11:19 AM
I've had my car storaged for the past 5 weeks so im not sure what to expect when i start her up ? :hmm:

CadV
01-19-05, 11:55 AM
In the recent mornings the V doesnt like the cold. The tire sensors are blinking and makes a weird noise when i first start it. After about 15mins it warms up and seems normal. Any one else have a slight problem in the morning cold.

You are experiencing a TPS warning that your tire pressure is below 25psi. Tire pressure is recommended to be at 30psi cold.

CapeCodCTSV
01-19-05, 02:25 PM
Temp here in MA has been about 8F the past two mornings. On both days I got a weird noise from the left front of the car that lasted about two seconds. Hard to describe "grunt" or isolate (definately forward of the fiewall.) Could be the serpentine belt I guess. Any ideas?

SBONES
01-19-05, 02:34 PM
tire warning lilght was on. and that grut is the noise...

Barca10128
01-19-05, 07:36 PM
I have the same problem as capecodctsv. It also is very difficult to put it into gear when cold and then of course the tires are not very good when cold and the rear door has trouble shutting when cold. I guess I am lucky that the radio works when cold.

caddyv
01-19-05, 08:24 PM
i had the same noise come from my car the other day, it was the coldest day of the year and it sounded really bad, but only for a second or two. also i have a very hard time shifting until the car is warm. solution for now is sticking the v in the garage(not heated) until it gets warm agian.

homer403
01-19-05, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know if our transmission fluid is synthetic?

benjet
01-19-05, 08:49 PM
You are experiencing a TPS warning that your tire pressure is below 25psi. Tire pressure is recommended to be at 30psi cold. That's for the OEM EMT's... 35 PSI for those of us that have swtiched to GS-D3s