: 1998 STS (export)

LuborK
01-19-05, 03:44 AM
Description: Silver exterior, black interior. Bought with 65k miles, now (6 months later) 69k. Loaded - chrome wheels, heated seats, sunroof, wooden packet, CD-changer

Problems: Only problem I had so far was noisy interior air temparature sensor fan. No other problems. No vibrations, no oil consumption.

Modifications: I added rear park distance control (a must in Europe) and a PDA navigation.

What I especially like:
N* power & sound - normally quiet, but very nice sound when accelerating
transmission smoothness
memory packet
BOSE audio
car design

What I miss:
DRL and turning lights (both are missing in the european version)
HID headlights
express-up windows
express-close sunroof connected to the rain-sensor
automatic climate control switching to the interior circuit when exterior smell is detected
and a bit more headroom for both front and rear seats.
better DIC info, like AVG and INST consumption together with outside temperature displayed simultaneously

Resume: I couldn't have better car made in 1998 and I would definitely buy it again

airbalancer
01-19-05, 07:24 AM
Which car would have this
"automatic climate control switching to the interior circuit when exterior smell is detected"
There is not many building with CO2 sensor that would detect high CO2 reading in buildings or outside.
Sensor to detect smells would be very costly buy .

LuborK
01-19-05, 12:56 PM
For example Kia, Fiat, Opel, Hyundai and others. Probably not in '98, but now they are offering it. I don't say that my Seville is bad because of this, but with this it would be even better.

yeabuddy
03-26-06, 08:17 PM
About to get rid of my 1994 concours because head gasket and jump into 1998 sts,tell me about this car.