: Trunk Light over license plate

tjbennett
05-24-13, 09:11 AM
Does anyone have a solution to STOP the light fixture that is installed in the truck over the license plate from falling out!!!:annoyed: I have had my 2012 CTS Coupe for less than a year and now both fixtures have fallen out. The left side fell out last fall and I had it replaced and now the right side fell out.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-13, 10:10 AM
Does anyone have a solution to STOP the light fixture that is installed in the truck over the license plate from falling out!!!:annoyed: I have had my 2012 CTS Coupe for less than a year and now both fixtures have fallen out. The left side fell out last fall and I had it replaced and now the right side fell out.

Hello tjbennett,

I am sorry you are having difficulties with your vehicle light fixture. Are you taking your vehicle in to have the right side replaced? Please reach out to me via private message with other questions or concerns!

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

The_Judge
05-24-13, 08:51 PM
Epoxy and duct tape can fix just about anything worth fixing.

tjbennett
05-24-13, 09:14 PM
I stopped by the dealership at lunch today, they said they started to carry them in stock because this has been happening (regularly I take it). But unfortunately not for the coupe. Anyway they ordered it and can install Tuesday at lunch for me. Have to admit this is one of the nicest dealerships I've been to. They actually take care of the customer.....:bouncy:

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-13, 10:35 PM
I stopped by the dealership at lunch today, they said they started to carry them in stock because this has been happening (regularly I take it). But unfortunately not for the coupe. Anyway they ordered it and can install Tuesday at lunch for me. Have to admit this is one of the nicest dealerships I've been to. They actually take care of the customer.....:bouncy:

Hello tjbennett,

I’m happy to hear that you had a good dealership experience! Keep us updated on Tuesday to let us know if your trunk light was installed to your satisfaction! Thanks!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

MotownPimp
05-26-13, 04:09 PM
Not a problem on my 2011 Coupe

angelbones
05-26-13, 07:03 PM
Add my coupe as another one that has had this issue. I showed the dealer, who popped it back into place, and said, "there it's fixed." Not sure if that's acceptable or not, but it hasn't happened since it was popped back in a couple months ago. He did say that popping it back in is the only solution, so who knows.

tjbennett
05-28-13, 10:45 AM
I wish it was that easy! I think I could figure out that just popping it back in would "fix" it, but after you pop it back in and it FALLS back out, I think it's broke. My dealer said that they started keeping the light sockets on hand because I wasn't the only one that has had that problem. Anyway, going up today at lunch to have it replaced.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-28-13, 12:00 PM
I wish it was that easy! I think I could figure out that just popping it back in would "fix" it, but after you pop it back in and it FALLS back out, I think it's broke. My dealer said that they started keeping the light sockets on hand because I wasn't the only one that has had that problem. Anyway, going up today at lunch to have it replaced.

Hi tjbennett,

I am sorry you are experiencing this difficulty with your vehicle trunk light. Hope to hear good news after your dealership visit!

Regards,

Laura M.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-28-13, 01:09 PM
Add my coupe as another one that has had this issue. I showed the dealer, who popped it back into place, and said, "there it's fixed." Not sure if that's acceptable or not, but it hasn't happened since it was popped back in a couple months ago. He did say that popping it back in is the only solution, so who knows.

Hi angelbones,

Glad to hear the dealership was able to resolve this issue for you. After two months with no symptoms of the issue occurring again is a great sign. I hope it stays this way for you! Reach out to us if you have other questions or concerns you would like to discuss.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

tjbennett
05-28-13, 10:10 PM
Well after a trip to the dealership at lunch.....all fixed:thumbsup:

Cadillac Dealerships are AWSOME!!!! :worship: