: Which clutch for daily driving ?

SevillianSTS
05-24-13, 08:05 AM
Trans is probably coming down soon for a reverse issue. Thinking about having the clutch done too while its down. What are the pros / cons of a Monster Single Disc Stage 2 vs the Twin Disc Stage 1, and also considering the LS7 setup ? Is the Monster Twin disc more similar to the stock setup ?

HAMSTAR
05-24-13, 02:37 PM
The LS7 is proven and budget-friendly. In plan to go with that when my clutch takes a crap, which may never happen. I think my factory clutch is made of adamantium and asbestos.

barrok69
05-24-13, 03:30 PM
My only concern with going to an LS7 clutch is that I've read of reports of low pedal engagement that never comes back to "stock" height. Anybody have any more info on this?

Andringa
05-24-13, 03:47 PM
My only concern with going to an LS7 clutch is that I've read of reports of low pedal engagement that never comes back to "stock" height. Anybody have any more info on this?

I've seen a couple posts from "fuzzylogic" that seem to suggest that the low pedal engagement can be caused by over-torquing during install. I'd contact him and see what he suggests.

mackey
05-24-13, 04:16 PM
much of it was discussed here and with links to past threads:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1642218-cts-v-ls7-clutch-upgrade-how-confused-read.html

slothV
05-28-13, 04:59 PM
I have the LS7 setup (clutch, fw, and slave) and can't tell the different to stock from a driveability standpoint. Pedal feel and engagement are the same IMO.

digitalbow
05-31-13, 02:08 PM
LS7 FTW, particularly if you live in a place with a lot of stop-and-go.

FoD
05-31-13, 02:13 PM
Can't compare to the LS7, but the Monster Stage 2 single disc is great for me so far. Perfect engagement, stock feel, but grabs much better! I went with the aluminum flywheel and it is night and day difference from that stock dual-mass POS!

RyRidesMotoX
05-31-13, 02:25 PM
Didn't a bunch of guys Gerry the McLeod clutch? I want to know how those worked out and what they think of the clutch. I've heard petty good stuff about McLeod clutches so hopefully they come in to confirm or deny if they are any good

HAMSTAR
05-31-13, 03:05 PM
I have the LS7 setup (clutch, fw, and slave) and can't tell the different to stock from a driveability standpoint. Pedal feel and engagement are the same IMO.

Did you go with the stock LS7 flywheel? The car really doesn't rev any more freely?

----------

Did you go with the stock LS7 flywheel? The car really doesn't rev any more freely?

fej
05-31-13, 11:53 PM
I just put the stock LS7 clutch assembly in my 07 and it absolutely revs quicker and feels a little more responsive. Shifts a little cleaner IMO as well, but I need Pisnuoff's shifter next. Lot less misc. drivetrain noise from the engine as well, 20 or so less pounds spinning around.

Fej

Whit151
06-06-13, 12:25 AM
I've had the LS7 clutch/fly/slave for a little over a year with very little problems. I've actually had better gas mileage since install.

253ctsv
06-06-13, 09:21 AM
Didn't a bunch of guys Gerry the McLeod clutch? I want to know how those worked out and what they think of the clutch. I've heard petty good stuff about McLeod clutches so hopefully they come in to confirm or deny if they are any good

I was one if them. Had a bit if a delay getting it all put together. Should be back from the shop with new exhaust n headers too next weekend. Otherwise basically stock. Then ill need a tune before I get on it too much. But ill let u know