: Buick has been drinking too much...

BeelzeBob
01-18-05, 02:06 PM
Why did we get the silly LaCrosse while China gets this?!:

The Buick Royaum (http://www.speedycars.net/wallpaper/buick_royaum.html)

Stoneage_Caddy
01-18-05, 02:35 PM
intersting , looks like the aussie market rear drive caprice ...

bbob has mentionied there working on this platform for a US market car ....i think they are calling it "zeta" arcatecture

BeelzeBob
01-18-05, 03:57 PM
Zeta.. I have heard of that. I'm not up on all the latest news but that does sound familiar...

HotRodSaint
01-18-05, 04:00 PM
intersting , looks like the aussie market rear drive caprice ...

Give that man a prize!!

DopeStar 156
01-18-05, 04:54 PM
A f-f-f-f-fullsize Buick?! I haven't seen one of those in a while. Why the hell isn't it for sale here?! F@#%$!!!

Vesicant
01-18-05, 05:01 PM
Looks like another modified V-Platform originating from Opel/Vauxhall/Holden ..even Catera.

A'la Chevrolet Caprice (middle east), Holden Caprice

http://www.holden.co.nz/vehicle/caprice/

davesdeville
01-18-05, 05:02 PM
That is exactly what GM needs here. A true fullsize (no, Impala isn't full size) V8, RWD, BIG car.

airbalancer
01-18-05, 05:10 PM
RWD Buick http://www.buick.com/next/countdown/

Stoneage_Caddy
01-18-05, 07:40 PM
i think that will be for the upcoming lesabre , front wheel drive and powered by the 5300 v8 ..its slated to be unvield at the same show the DTS will be unveild

were a few years off for the zeta cars , im thinking 08 model year ....as they will be redesigning the holden car to be a global full size rear driver ....

berkin
01-18-05, 07:49 PM
I heard that Buick have a much better image in China than in the USA.

evilrussian
01-18-05, 08:07 PM
I guess aussies and rich camel jockeys are willing to spend more money on REAL cars, and here in US, people more concerned driving SUVs and jap hybrids. It's all about supply and demand...

turbojimmy
01-18-05, 08:47 PM
I guess aussies and rich camel jockeys are willing to spend more money on REAL cars, and here in US, people more concerned driving SUVs and jap hybrids. It's all about supply and demand...

That's true. The Holden website said the Caprice "completely dominates the road". I guess they don't have H2's in Australia.

Jim

majax
01-18-05, 09:06 PM
I would like to see something like the Royaum/Caprice in America. The new Buick coming out is going to be the Lucerne.

CoupeDevilleRob
01-18-05, 09:22 PM
Why does General Motors keeping crapping on it's homeland? Why are all these foreigners getting the cool cars? And when they throw us a bone and give us one (GTO) it's a major disappointment. I think GM hates Americans!

davesdeville
01-18-05, 11:00 PM
That's true. The Holden website said the Caprice "completely dominates the road". I guess they don't have H2's in Australia.

Jim

250KW, which is 335hp doesn't hurt either.

majax
01-19-05, 03:20 AM
Why does General Motors keeping crapping on it's homeland? Why are all these foreigners getting the cool cars? And when they throw us a bone and give us one (GTO) it's a major disappointment. I think GM hates Americans!

they know what they can sell us and so they get away with selling crap(rudely put) But you think they would make more money if they gave us good stuff

Playdrv4me
01-23-05, 02:24 AM
they know what they can sell us and so they get away with selling crap(rudely put) But you think they would make more money if they gave us good stuff

Its an interesting quandry when you think of this in the perspective of those of us who only buy American, and moreover GM, that our same GM is eagrerly willing to sell (sometimes better) cars to the same countries we DONT want to BUY our cars from. Its a global economy...sigh.

Sandy
01-23-05, 09:45 AM
Whats happening with the Park Avenue? Is it leaving? I think it's a really nice car! Big & comfortable. Just a notch below the Town Car & deVille.

Playdrv4me
01-23-05, 12:00 PM
I dont think the Park Avenue is going away. If I recall its being redesigned on a new platform, but I dont know for sure.

Sandy
01-23-05, 12:56 PM
When I bought my '03 Town Car, I looked at the deVille & the Park Avenue. The Park had every feature that the Caddy had and every feature that the Lincoln had, PLUS Heads-Up display. the CD player IN THE TRUNK, not taking up the Glove Box, as in the Caddy, the availability of a Touring Suspension, Cornering Lamps (as Caddy & Lincoln - only 3 cars to still have them, (Not Caddy any longer), and simply incredable leather seats. I would have bought it, but 2 things stopped me. The engine is a Supercharged 6 and I wasn't comfortable with that, and Lincoln had just put on a $6,500.00 rebate, making the Lincoln $27.00 more expensive!! So, for the $27.00 I went for the Lincoln, but without the rebate, the Park Avenue was "THE' buy! {Funny, the P.A. Supercharged 6 has MORE H.P. than my Town Car, but I was never fond of GMs Six Cylinder arcutecture.}