: recaro headrest

JKG
05-23-13, 09:16 PM
I am finding the recaro seats are great, EXCEPT the head rest pushes my head forward too far. I wish it was 2 inches back more. obviously it is not adjustable. has anyone made any modifications to the recaro headrest?? i was thinking about removing and taking to an upholstery shop but not sure how that would go, and I like to fix things myself. justin

ptrd
05-23-13, 09:27 PM
I think some people turn it around the other way when wearing a helmet.

the blur
05-24-13, 02:11 AM
I have the base level seats, and the head rest MUST be turned around when wearing a helmet. Maybe you can do the same with the Recaro's. Having said that, the design of the head rest saved my neck last week. My head was slammed backwards. and smashed into the head rest. If the headrest wasn't designed with the forward bend, I'd have a serious problem right now.

thebigjimsho
05-24-13, 02:54 PM
I have the base level seats, and the head rest MUST be turned around when wearing a helmet. Maybe you can do the same with the Recaro's. Having said that, the design of the head rest saved my neck last week. My head was slammed backwards. and smashed into the head rest. If the headrest wasn't designed with the forward bend, I'd have a serious problem right now.

Uncomfortable headrests are a result of crash standards.

RaVeNous
05-24-13, 04:56 PM
I wish they were adjustable - but I understand why they are not. The car was designed for a track.

JKG
05-26-13, 08:07 PM
the headrests can be reversed on the recaros, which is a lot moe comfortable for me, but looks funny