: Radio Stays On

sbudaj
05-23-13, 04:24 PM
I have a 2008 CTS. In the past week, when I shut off the car, the radio stays on, as it should, but unfortunately, it is staying on AFTER I open the driver's door. Once the door is opened, it should shut off. All the other things that are supposed to happen when I open the door, do happen - the seat goes back, the interior lights go on, the dash lights shut off, but the radio stays on.

Sometimes, if I close and open the door several times, it shuts off. Once, I had to leave while the radio was still on and I noticed that the door did not lock automatically as I walked away. I had to use the key fob. The radio was off when I returned.

Anyone heard of this or know of a fix?

Thanks.

RAB
05-23-13, 06:00 PM
sbudaj, this issue has been well covered in several other threads over the past few years. I suggest doing a search on the topic. FYI.. searching via google usually nets better results compared to this site's search engine.
The issue you're facing is almost always caused by a faulty [driver door] door latch switch (aka door ajar switch). The actual switch itself is not available/replaceable - it is a part of the door latch assembly. If in fact the switch is acting up you'll require a new door latch assembly for your driver door.

MoFex
05-23-13, 06:09 PM
sbudaj, this issue has been well covered in several other threads over the past few years. I suggest doing a search on the topic. FYI.. searching via google usually nets better results that using this site's search engine.
The issue you're facing is almost always caused by a faulty [driver door] door latch switch (aka door ajar switch). The actual switch itself is not available/replaceable - it is a part of the door latch assembly. If in fact the switch is acting up you'll require a new door latch assembly for your driver door.

Like RAB said, I had the same issue and the culprit was faulty driver door lock mechanism.

reciprocity
05-23-13, 06:10 PM
I had precisely the same thing happening in my car. (Totally annoying!) RAB is absolutely right: the door switch was the culprit.

sbudaj
05-23-13, 09:18 PM
Thanks. Anyone know the cost of this? Sounds expensive.

Since it is well known, will GM or Cadillac pick up the cost or part of it?

By the way, opening the passenger door does not help.

I did find that if I use the fob to lock the doors, then open the driver's door, the radio turned off when the door was opened.

Very annoying to say the least.

MoFex
05-24-13, 07:50 AM
I do not know the cost as it was repaired under warranty. Funny thing was the dealer used Corvette dor lock. They are the same. Maybe you could try Chevy dealer. They should be able to fix it for you at a lower cost.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-13, 08:50 AM
I do not know the cost as it was repaired under warranty. Funny thing was the dealer used Corvette dor lock. They are the same. Maybe you could try Chevy dealer. They should be able to fix it for you at a lower cost.

Hello MoFex,

I am glad to hear your vehicle was fixed for the faulty driver door lock mechanism. If there are ever additional concerns that arise, please let us know!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

sbudaj
05-24-13, 11:10 AM
Hello MoFex,

I am glad to hear your vehicle was fixed for the faulty driver door lock mechanism. If there are ever additional concerns that arise, please let us know!

Regards,

Laura M.

Laura M.

What about me? Will Cadillac take any responsibility for this since it is apparently a known problem?

My car is no longer under warranty.

Thanks.

Pdabs
05-24-13, 11:43 AM
Laura M.

What about me? Will Cadillac take any responsibility for this since it is apparently a known problem?

Thanks.

Lol parts go bad, what can you do. A "known" problem on the forum doesn't make it a fact that its some type of a serious defect.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-13, 12:17 PM
Laura M.

Thanks.

Hello sbudaj,

I understand how you can be frustrated with this situation. We look at each situation on a case by case basis. If you private message me with your full contact information and VIN I am happy to help assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Laura M.

caddad08
05-24-13, 02:59 PM
I had this happen to me and in my case it was a weak key fob battery. I could still lock and unlock remotely as it wasn't a dead battery just slightly below the voltage that the car needed to get a clean signal I guess.