: "System Error"

katz
05-23-13, 04:53 PM
has anyone else gotten this message on the CUE: SYSTEM ERROR
It fills the whole screen in an outlined box with a virtual [OK] button to apparantly select.
Tried to take a pic with my phone but went away before I could do so.
Not sure if this is a major issue, or just what it means?

handymantoo
05-23-13, 08:14 PM
I had the same thing happen this week. Also had the screen go black and had to stop car, and restart to get the screen back.

pkadanec
05-24-13, 01:15 PM
I have had the same thing happen to me. System reboots. No warning.

carpenter
01-30-14, 03:48 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I am now having this issue as well. My CUE in my ATS was reset a week ago to fix issues with the favorites being grayed out. I also have an issue when I press the UP button on the steering wheel control to go to my next favorite XM station I have set (they are in numerical order and I only have XM stations programmed) it will actually seek down instead of up. This will only happen once out of maybe 50 times of pressing the up or down buttons, but they will do the opposite of what they should. I was told by the dealer I have the latest software. Are other people having the "System error" issue or experienced the opposite behavior from the steering wheel buttons on occasion?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-31-14, 06:13 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I am now having this issue as well. My CUE in my ATS was reset a week ago to fix issues with the favorites being grayed out. I also have an issue when I press the UP button on the steering wheel control to go to my next favorite XM station I have set (they are in numerical order and I only have XM stations programmed) it will actually seek down instead of up. This will only happen once out of maybe 50 times of pressing the up or down buttons, but they will do the opposite of what they should. I was told by the dealer I have the latest software. Are other people having the "System error" issue or experienced the opposite behavior from the steering wheel buttons on occasion?

Hello carpenter,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your ATS’ CUE system. Have you had the chance to reach out to our CUE Infotainment line?

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Rick S
02-02-14, 08:36 PM
I have both issues. Up/down buttons do the opposite. If I immediately press again they behave as expected. I'm not sure but this may have started after getting the sys error msg a few weeks ago.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-04-14, 05:09 PM
I have both issues. Up/down buttons do the opposite. If I immediately press again they behave as expected. I'm not sure but this may have started after getting the sys error msg a few weeks ago.
Hello Rick S,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing both of these concerns on your ATS as well. Have you had a chance to reach out to the dealership to the CUE team yet regarding these concerns?

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

carpenter
02-07-14, 01:19 AM
Hello carpenter,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your ATS’ CUE system. Have you had the chance to reach out to our CUE Infotainment line?

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

I have not reached out to the CUE infotainment line. I didn't even know it existed. I've only had the car a couple weeks so a little green yet. How do I reach out to this team?

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-07-14, 01:31 PM
I have not reached out to the CUE infotainment line. I didn't even know it existed. I've only had the car a couple weeks so a little green yet. How do I reach out to this team?

Hello carpenter,

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Our CUE Infotainment team can be reached at 855-428-3669? They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week. I hope this information helps as they are the best resource for the CUE system. Please keep us updated when you have a chance to reach out to them.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

carpenter
02-07-14, 03:01 PM

Rick, if you get an opportunity can you give the CUE info line team a call as well? I just called to report my issue and the rep I talked with had not yet heard of this issue, so I think the more people we can get to report it, the more it will help. I'd rather see it get fixed than it end up being a "live with it" thing since it's not crucial to get fixed, but still an annoyance and a bug.

slepr
02-07-14, 10:25 PM
This "System Error" has occured 3 times in my ATS. No reboot occurs when I press "OK" and CUE functions normally after the screen goes away. Dealer checked it out and found no problems logged on the system. They suggested that it might be my flash drive that has been continuously plugged into the port at the back of the motorized door compartment. I guess it could be that. Maybe I will just remove it (930 songs on the flash drive) and see if the "System Error" occurs again. I have had no problems with the up/down buttons on my steering wheel.

dmurphy
02-10-14, 10:33 PM

Haven't had a generic "System Error", but I have had this one ... fun times.

carpenter
02-13-14, 12:58 AM

I had mine in today for the opposite issue on the up/down favorites select. One been one day, but it has not happened yet where it most certainly would have by now prior to the "fix". CUE info line tech said to have the dealer implement PI1130 on the CUE. So far so good.

carpenter
02-17-14, 03:52 PM
I just wanted to follow up. I have not had any more issues of "opposite actions" when using the up/down on the steering wheel. Whatever the PI 1130 did, it fixed this issue.

Rick S
02-19-14, 12:19 AM
Sorry I've been away after my post. Sounds like a fix has been issued. Btw, No I did not contact the infotainment group on this one. My previous experience with them lead me to think that would be a waste of time. Previously I had inquired as to why my surround sound system would not play surround sound disk (DVDA) and nobody even knew what I was talking about. After several different conversations their solution was "if there's noise coming out of all the speakers it must be working".
I would not have bought the nav option had I know this.
Love the car but I would've saved some $'s

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-19-14, 10:25 AM
I just wanted to follow up. I have not had any more issues of "opposite actions" when using the up/down on the steering wheel. Whatever the PI 1130 did, it fixed this issue.

Hello carpenter,

Thanks for keeping us updated! I am glad to hear that the bulletin has addressed the concern that you were experiencing with your ATS’ CUE controls not working in the correct direction. Please feel free to reach out to me via private message if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-19-14, 04:27 PM
Sorry I've been away after my post. Sounds like a fix has been issued. Btw, No I did not contact the infotainment group on this one. My previous experience with them lead me to think that would be a waste of time. Previously I had inquired as to why my surround sound system would not play surround sound disk (DVDA) and nobody even knew what I was talking about. After several different conversations their solution was "if there's noise coming out of all the speakers it must be working".

Hello Rick,

I apologize that the CUE team was unable to assist you in the past. If you would like, I can reach out to the dealership on your behalf and inquire further and/or set up an appointment to look into the system. Let me know if this sounds like a plausible idea. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

carpenter
02-20-14, 01:00 AM

Well, after my up/down issue happening several times a day, I went one week now since I had the issue. Today it happened one time though so I guess I will have to see if it continues and something that slowly manifests. I also have issue with the short voice prompt setting reverting back to long and again yesterday I got in and had a "system error" on start up. The message goes away and the radio seems to function as normal. I have no idea if they can pull logs to see why it gave the system error message. Getting frustrated with this CUE

jkredman
07-19-14, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the information in this post.

I had the problem this past Wednesday. In my case it was the Instrument Cluster and Heads Up Display that blacked out.

Stopped and started the car 4 times. System would not reset.

Called OnStar for diagnostics, they didn't detect anything. Since I had no dash (aka no speedometer), I asked for roadside assistance. (Take my advice - don't mess with them. It was a disaster.) Finally limped the car home with no tach, no speedometer, no fuel guage, or no temperature.

System finally reset over night. On Thursday I took the car into the dealer. No codes were detected, nor had they had any prior reports. I learned about the 855 number from this post and talked them. They've opened a request.

Thanks again for the information here.

brendam
09-29-14, 01:18 PM
I have both issues along with the issue of my car alerting me that there is no remote detected yet the remote in sitting inside the car. I recently had my car completely die without warnig, apparently the it was a faulty battery and to top it off, onstar doesn't work it your battery dies! I have mentioned it to the service advisor at my dealer several times and everytime I pick the vehicle back up they claim the problem has been fixed! My car is a 2013 SRX which I purchased about 2 years ago and it's been probematic since! What are my options? The dealer doesn't seem to care much after making the sale...I am starting to think that this car is a lemon!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information, car/year/model, and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ? CF Staff

You might want to post this information in the Cadillac Customer Care forum. It's occupied by GM representatives, and your car appears to still be in warranty.

huna
09-30-14, 02:29 PM

This is an old issue (at least I still have it) - If you change the volume and immediately change the preset, the up/down will be reversed. If you wait a few seconds after changing the volume, it works correctly. As I said, this still happens with my CUE.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-06-14, 03:44 PM
Hello brendam,

I certainly do not want your vehicle ownership experience to be negative and apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered. Please feel free to send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, and dealer name. We would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation and assist anyway that we can.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

jeiler9865
10-06-14, 04:01 PM
FYI, this is a cluster reprogram. As far as the system error, I would need to see the dtc and vehicle.

PI1163A: Steering Wheel Radio Controls Erratic Operation - (May 6, 2014)
Subject: Steering Wheel Radio Controls Erratic Operation

Models: 2013 Cadillac ATS, SRX, XTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI has been revised to update the Recommendations/Instructions. Please discard PI1163.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition/ConcernSome customers may comment that when changing radio presets up on the steering wheel controls, then adjusting the volume down/up, then proceeding to change the radio presets up, the next preset actually goes down. This only occurs when making a volume change in between changing radio presets.

This may be caused by a software anomaly.

Recommendation/InstructionsAn updated software calibration has been released to address the above conditions.