: 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

BeelzeBob
01-18-05, 01:43 AM
PROS: Extreme comfort, soft ride, decent handling, nice power, good gas mileage, extremely reliable.

CONS: Not very technologically advanced (is that really a bad thing?).

This car is great. I've never been in a more comfortable vehicle. I suppose a Lexus LS or a Mercedes S Class will have a little more to offer, but not without paying many tens of thousands of dollars more. To me, this is the best luxury car you can buy for the money. It wont dazzle you with features, but it gives you what you need. Heated seats, heated mirrors, comfortable leather seats, vanity mirrors in the back, more legroom than you know what to do with. If you want a car that your passengers will thank you for, than this is your car.

Besides all that I've mentioned, this car has plenty of power on tap. With a 260hp 5.7 liter engine, this car is quick. Much quicker than you'd guess for it's size. And, it's not even bad on gas. 17/24 is pretty average in a lot of cars out there - but none of them are this big. Even though it doesn't turn heads as often as my Eldorado Touring Coupe did, I love this car..

Katshot
01-18-05, 07:38 AM
They have a way of getting to you don't they? Funny how those electronic goodies kind of get forgotten about when you drive a Fleetwood. You don't need them and the car is certainly more reliable without them. It's also funny you should post that MPG too, since I've been getting flammed big time here for claiming that a Fleetwood can get that kind of mileage. My stock fleet cars got 24-25mpg at best, but it did prove that it was possible. And when I claim that MY car gets 22mpg on the highway, I'm REALLY told I'm nuts.
Damn non-believers! ;)

BeelzeBob
01-18-05, 09:51 AM
My car actually gets more mileage than the average because I drive it like an old man. Where are you getting flamed? I'd like to chime in... And yes, you do forget about those little 'extras' when you drive the Fleetwood.. When all is said and done, you just don't need them. The tradeoff for extreme reliability is a no-brainer...

Katshot
01-18-05, 10:08 AM
As I recall, this is the thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28143
The guy was either being thick or a wise guy, not sure which. Either way, I finally had to let it rest. Others in the thread backed me and tried to explain my post(s) to the guy but he just wasn't getting it I guess. Let me know what you think.

Cruzship
01-18-05, 10:17 AM
Hey Sal, If I could find a perfect 96 Fleet, my arm could be twisted :)

BeelzeBob
01-18-05, 10:52 AM
It looks like a discussion that should just end at "So, is this thing dead yet?" like it has. Hopefully it stays that way. Some discussions are better off dead.

Otherwise.. What do you mean, Cruzship? You might be interested in a Fleetwood Brougham?

Ralph
01-18-05, 03:30 PM
And when I claim that MY car gets 22mpg on the highway, I'm REALLY told I'm nuts.

According to my 1991 Consumer guide (I know yours is newer) the Brougham got 16/25 with the 5 litre and 15/22 with the 5.7, so I wouldn't think you should receive flak for your statement. It all depends on the state of tune and the driver habits imo.

c5cruiser
11-29-13, 10:13 PM
I've had my 95 Brougham for 3 weeks now and I have to tell ya that it really grows on you.
It has a very comfortable ride. It's quiet unlike my 98 Corvette but then again I installed Borla exhaust on it a while ago. I'm not touching the Cad with mods. Not yet at least.
LOVE IT!