: 1988 Brougham

Bobtag
01-17-05, 11:44 PM
I have had a life long passion with large north american luxury automobiles. I have owned an Olds 98, a Lincoln, a T-Bird, and a Buick LeSabre. I usually drove a newer pick up and bought the cars for toys. They were always older models with lots of miles but still in relatively good shape. I would drive them for a couple of years and then move on to something else. The only one that I wanted and never had was a caddy and I told myself that before I die I want to own one nice caddy. For a couple of years I have scoured the Auto Trader and local Bargain Finder paper for decent caddy in my budget and a few weeks ago I finally found one. It's a 1988 Brougham. White with blue velour interior it has the "B" package options including passenger power seat, front and rear carpet mats, carpeted trunk mat, and door edge guards. It was purchased as a "demo" model in early 1989 by a funeral director for his wife. Included was the original bill of sale for $30,880. (That's Canadian bucks)
The reason they sold it was that they had relocated to a different town and the caddy would not fit in the garage of their new house. They bought a new Mitsubishi and parked the caddy in the driveway with a "for sale" sign.
The odometer when I picked it up read 44,417 kilometers or about 27,700 miles. That means she drove it about 1,700 miles per year. All the maintainence records were included. The car still has the original Uniroyal "Prestige" whitewalls. The back seat appears to have been never sat in. It was a three hour trip home and I grinned from ear to ear the entire trip.
It's cold and blowing out there right now but as soon as it clears up a bit I will take some pictures and upload them to the sight. For you caddy lovers out there, they should make you grin too.

CADDYBLACK99
01-18-05, 09:14 AM
Great story! All of us dream about finding the "right-one", and it sounds like you are not dreaming anymore! Good luck! Thanks for joining the forum! Patiently waiting for the pictures.
:welcome:
Paul

kmhebert
02-05-05, 01:01 AM
Hi Bob, congratulations on your 1988 Brougham! I have one also:
http://www.kevinhebert.com/1988cadillacbrougham.html
I think it's a great car and I absolutely love to drive it. I wish they still made cars like this!