: Rear suspension actuator?

shortfur7
05-22-13, 10:58 PM
So i recently replaced my rear shock/compressor/air lines do to a bad shock and everything work great. Everything worked great for about 3 days then i got a service suspension system message on my dash. So i had the local shop run through it with a scanner and they said it was isolated to a left rear actuator on the suspension. I tried to look for the part online and i cant figure out what part it is. Does anybody know which one it would be? I have a 2005 N* magnaride suspension.

MoistCabbage
05-22-13, 11:31 PM
There is no "actuator" on F55 dampers, actuators were part of the older F45. What was the code?

If the definition he got was for an actuator, it still points towards the shocks control circuit. Check the connector first.

----------

Wait, you replaced only one shock? The one triggering the code? Was it replaced with a MagnaRide shock?

shortfur7
05-23-13, 12:05 AM
There is no "actuator" on F55 dampers, actuators were part of the older F45. What was the code?

If the definition he got was for an actuator, it still points towards the shocks control circuit. Check the connector first.

----------

Wait, you replaced only one shock? The one triggering the code? Was it replaced with a MagnaRide shock?

No i replaced all the shocks including the air lines and compressor. I am wondering if he ment to say its the sensor? Which would be GM 88957145. I dont know what the code was because i wasnt having them do the work so he wouldnt tell me.

MoistCabbage
05-23-13, 01:10 AM
They wouldn't tell you the code?

Go to a parts store and have them pull the codes.

If it is for the ride height sensor, check the connecting rod first.

shortfur7
05-23-13, 06:27 AM
Auto parts stores don't have the right scanner to pull this type of code. What would I check on the connecting rod? Is it adjustable?