: Stability Sys Disabled Error Message???

sosatyme72
05-22-13, 10:45 PM
What is the function of "stability sys" feature? I take it should always be enabled? Why would I get the "disabled" error would I feel something different in the ride or smoothness? thanks im new to the scene so just trying to understand all these caddy functions...

the cadillac man
05-23-13, 01:24 AM
What is the function of "stability sys" feature? I take it should always be enabled? Why would I get the "disabled" error would I feel something different in the ride or smoothness? thanks im new to the scene so just trying to understand all these caddy functions...

The stability system works in bad weather(eg snow ice or rain) to prevent the wheels from looseing traction in those conditions
Get the codes pulled at a local gm dealer

YoshiMan
05-23-13, 06:23 PM
Good way to explain what it does, it when driving around an icy corner, if you stomp the gas to the floor, the system will keep the car from going into a spin around the corner and attempt to keep you in control.

It kind of works with the ABS system, and it may just be something simple like a wheel speed sensor gone bad

the cadillac man
05-23-13, 08:02 PM
Good way to explain what it does, it when driving around an icy corner, if you stomp the gas to the floor, the system will keep the car from going into a spin around the corner and attempt to keep you in control.

It kind of works with the ABS system, and it may just be something simple like a wheel speed sensor gone bad

It does work with the abs system and is part of the ebcm and is connected in with the real time damping system also(don't ask how I know that)