: Cadillac(LTS) flagship against 14' M-B S-Class

DTS man33
05-22-13, 02:02 PM
After reading all the new hype on the new 2014 S-Class I had to wonder to myself can Cadillac beat this car in terms of tech. Now of course I know the S-class starts at about $75K and then goes up from there. The new one should probley be the 80K range. But when this new Cadillac flagship does hit the showrooms can it compete with the options and features the Mercedes has? I love Cadillac and really hope they have a bunch of new and innovative toys up thier sleeve for this new car. I mean the Benz has features that I never thought you would see in a car. It almost self drives it self, heated/cooled armrest, computerized adaptive smart headlights, wipers that automatically wash the windshield and the list goes on and on.

I am sure no one here can shed any light on what Cadillac might have up its sleeve to compete against all these insanely optioned up flagships but I hope they have some plans because as it stands now they are a bit behind in all the tech and CUE is by no way an innovative product when you consider most auto makers have something very simaler in terms of a infomant system.

BEarle
05-22-13, 02:53 PM
Cadillac has to go all out with its styling with this car. Almost just like CIEL/Sixteen, it has to be jaw dropping. They have to price it well below the new S class, somewhere in the $70k-$80k range. I saw that you listed the new S at around $80k? Your way off, expect the new S class to def start at $100k.

I know myself I don't like a lot of technology in cars, I think more tech equals more problems. I left Mercedes for the Escalade because Mercedes has too many problems because of the tech. As long as it has heated/cooled seats, navigation and iPod hookup I'm happy.

In conclusion, if Cadillac makes the new flagship as bland as the ATS they are screwed.

DG2
05-23-13, 08:27 AM
Cadillac has to go all out with its styling with this car. Almost just like CIEL/Sixteen, it has to be jaw dropping. They have to price it well below the new S class, somewhere in the $70k-$80k range. I saw that you listed the new S at around $80k? Your way off, expect the new S class to def start at $100k.

I know myself I don't like a lot of technology in cars, I think more tech equals more problems. I left Mercedes for the Escalade because Mercedes has too many problems because of the tech. As long as it has heated/cooled seats, navigation and iPod hookup I'm happy.

In conclusion, if Cadillac makes the new flagship as bland as the ATS they are screwed.

Agree. Cadillac needs to win on style and performance. I think the tech goodies are third on the list. ATS is a sharp looking car but the flagship had to be " off the charts" and groundbreaking. The great news is we know Cadillac /GM can do it ! Just don't hold back a thing. Any Potential customer in this price range is not going to care if the car cost $95,000 or $105,000 if they are buying a car in that range will pay either price. Hence. Don't hold back to save a buck !!

BEarle
05-23-13, 12:02 PM
I know with me, I choose style over anything. If i'm paying top dollar for a car I want it to be jaw dropping. I like performance but living here in MA, what the hell am I going to go with all that power? I have friends that pay so much on mods it's crazy and to me it's a waste, it's like where are you going to use it?

Speaking of tech, I guess Cadillac is putting 4G in there cars and it can pick up WiFi and all Cadillacs will have cameras on the exterior and you will have a app on your iPad/iPhone that when you park your car somewhere you can check your Phone to see what's going on around your car. This is very good right paranoid people like me haha and also great for hit and runs. Plus they are finishing development on a car that can drive itself. It will be a special cruise control. So I think tech wise it will match the S class.

DTS man33
05-23-13, 12:51 PM
I know with me, I choose style over anything. If i'm paying top dollar for a car I want it to be jaw dropping. I like performance but living here in MA, what the hell am I going to go with all that power? I have friends that pay so much on mods it's crazy and to me it's a waste, it's like where are you going to use it?

Speaking of tech, I guess Cadillac is putting 4G in there cars and it can pick up WiFi and all Cadillacs will have cameras on the exterior and you will have a app on your iPad/iPhone that when you park your car somewhere you can check your Phone to see what's going on around your car. This is very good right paranoid people like me haha and also great for hit and runs. Plus they are finishing development on a car that can drive itself. It will be a special cruise control. So I think tech wise it will match the S class.

I agree style is more important to me too. I really do think in terms of style the new flagship will blow BMW/M-B/Audi out of the ball park. All of these cars IMO are ugly. I just hope Cadillac match's it with new and innovative tech as well that NO OTHER Cadillac models can even get. This is a complaint I have had for along time and the Euro's and Germans seem to get it right. There is no reason that a person that buys a 50K XTS, CTS, etc should see the same options a 90K flagship has. Even though I will most likley not even be able to buy a flagship and might buy a new CTS, I see no
reason why I should have the same options that a flagship can have. For example Super Cruise. This should ONLY be availble on the new flagship and that's it.

thebigjimsho
05-23-13, 01:37 PM

Onramps, offramps, Rte 3 at 2AM, NHMS, New England Dragway, Callahan Tunnel...

No problems flexing my 630hp V muscles now and then...

BEarle
05-23-13, 05:05 PM
Hahaha! My friend takes his challenger to the New England speedway.

What color is your V? You have a 4 Door right? How is it in the snow? I want one so bad you Have no idea it's my favorite car.

thebigjimsho
05-25-13, 07:43 PM
Hahaha! My friend takes his challenger to the New England speedway.

What color is your V? You have a 4 Door right? How is it in the snow? I want one so bad you Have no idea it's my favorite car.

Unfortunately, I sold it last month. Lifestyle change coinciding with work issues.

It was a black raven sedan. I had a set of TSW track wheels that I mounted Blizzaks on and it did quite well in the snow. The only problem is that the V couldn't do deep snow with its low chin spoiler.

It is quite the amazing car. It's by far the best value supersedan you can buy. Brutally fast and yet so comfortable, so serene, cruising down a highway...

BEarle
05-30-13, 10:13 PM
That's too bad, those cars are unbelievable. I saw a V coupe the other day and I just stood there and stared at it I couldn't take my eyes off of it, the guy probably thought I was whacked out haha.

You plan on replacing it?

thebigjimsho
05-31-13, 09:29 PM
Not right now...