: Towing a 2008 SRX v6 awd w/3rd row seats

robertpbouchard
05-22-13, 10:48 AM
I just purchased this used and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade my ability to tow.
At the 2000 lb limit, it barely covers a 10' tent trailers (unloaded)

Is it possible to add the components necessary to increase the towing capacity to the 4250 lb noted for the ones with the V92 tow package?

Where can i find this out? (parts and part numbers). I do not have a caddy dealership in my area and the local gm dealership service rep did not know.

conedoctor
05-22-13, 10:59 AM
I have it all figured out and it is not hard to do, parts are easy to get but the cost will depend on if you do the work yourself.

robertpbouchard
05-22-13, 12:20 PM
Great... how can I get that information?.... or can you direct me to it?

conedoctor
05-22-13, 12:31 PM
I am installing my hitch and controller right now on my 09 to pull our tent trailer, I have no tow package.

Ok so depends on how hardcore you want to go and how much work you want to put into it.

First are you sure you don't have the tow package because in 08 you should with the 3rd row, check that first, tow package does not come with a hitch so don't base it on that. You also may or may not have the engine driven fan, look for the RPO code.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-22-13, 12:38 PM
I just purchased this used and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade my ability to tow.
At the 2000 lb limit, it barely covers a 10' tent trailers (unloaded)

Is it possible to add the components necessary to increase the towing capacity to the 4250 lb noted for the ones with the V92 tow package?

Where can i find this out? (parts and part numbers). I do not have a caddy dealership in my area and the local gm dealership service rep did not know.

Hello robertpbouchard,

If you private message me with your VIN, I am more than happy to research this on your behalf.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

robertpbouchard
05-23-13, 10:12 AM
Thanks.

How do I find out the RPO codes?

I've looked through all of my documentation, and checked for labels on the vehicle.

I've heard it a couple of times now that the codes will confirm exactly all the details of my vehicle. I have also been told 2x now that the tow package was included in the 3rd row seatin package.... so as you indicated, I probably already have it... i just can't seem to find a way to confirm it.

conedoctor
05-23-13, 10:40 AM
Under the back seat in the jack compartment there will be a sticker with a bunch of codes on it, look for v92 or call your dealer and ask or go to compnine.com

In 08 the utility package got you V92 but I found out the hard way that in 09 V92 became an option again :( but in 09 you got the larger PS cooler and larger trans cooler from the tow package so you sort of got it but didn't get it.