: bluetooth pairing

smooth_ride
05-22-13, 09:53 AM
Is there a way to delete all previously paired bluetooth phones? Is it necessary (see below)?

I flash a new ROM about every other month, sometimes several a month, as I am still battling the problem where the DIC flashes bluetooth every few minutes. The only ROM that doesn't seem to do it is Cyanogen Mod for my Galaxy SII. Though I've discovered I like T-Mobile's wifi calling, which is not available on CM.

C "T" ess
05-22-13, 01:31 PM
on the 2010 I had; you pushed the phone button on the steering wheel, when the prompt came on I said BLuetooth. The next was to say delete and it gave an option, to delete what a phone number or phone. choose phone and give the label you gave the phone. It will ask for a confirmation and your done. I hope your 2009 works that way.

The_Judge
05-22-13, 02:25 PM
I did this a couple of days ago using the following voice commands:
"Hands-free"
"Bluetooth"
"Delete" (I think that's correct -- might be "remove")
Then the system will ask you for the name of the paired phone you want to delete and will then ask you to confirm it.

jeffc83
05-22-13, 04:05 PM
Is there a way to delete all previously paired bluetooth phones? Is it necessary (see below)?

I flash a new ROM about every other month, sometimes several a month, as I am still battling the problem where the DIC flashes bluetooth every few minutes. The only ROM that doesn't seem to do it is Cyanogen Mod for my Galaxy SII. Though I've discovered I like T-Mobile's wifi calling, which is not available on CM.

I have the gnex and am having no issues with the CM 10.1 ROM. The DIC flashes Bluetooth once the car is started just one time.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-22-13, 05:31 PM

Hello smooth_ride,

On page 3-115 of the owner's manual, it talks about deleting a paired phone. Deleting a Paired Phone. Below I have included the steps for deleting a paired phone.

1.Press and hold the phone pairing button for two seconds:
• For vehicles without a navigation system, the
system responds with “Ready” followed by a tone.
• For vehicles with a navigation system, the system
responds with a tone. After the tone say “Hands
Free”. The system responds with “Ready”followed by a tone.
2. Say “Bluetooth”. The system responds with
“Bluetooth ready” followed by a tone.
3. Say “Delete”. The system asks which phone to
delete followed by a tone.
4. Say the name of the phone to be deleted. If the
phone name is unknown, use the “List” command
for a list of all paired phones. The system responds
with “Would you like to delete <phone name>? Yes or No” followed by a tone
5. Say “Yes” to delete the phone. The system
responds with “OK, deleting <phone name>”.

Please reach out to us via private message if you have additional questions or concerns!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

----------

I have the gnex and am having no issues with the CM 10.1 ROM. The DIC flashes Bluetooth once the car is started just one time.

Hello jeffc83,

Thanks for sharing your information! Glad to hear you aren't experiencing any issues with this. If there ever are any issues you would like to discuss, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

smooth_ride
05-22-13, 05:50 PM
Yes, CM 10.1 works perfectly for me on bluetooth. But it's the other ROMs that do this, like the semi-stock modified one is the one that does it. You would think a stock ROM would not cause any problems...

Maybe a clarification on my question about deleting bluetooth. Yes, I've done it many times, but sometimes I forget to delete it and create a new pairing "record". Does it still have in storage some information (perhaps an ID)? IS there any way to really clear out all the previous pairings?

jeffc83
05-22-13, 06:32 PM
Yes, CM 10.1 works perfectly for me on bluetooth. But it's the other ROMs that do this, like the semi-stock modified one is the one that does it. You would think a stock ROM would not cause any problems...

Maybe a clarification on my question about deleting bluetooth. Yes, I've done it many times, but sometimes I forget to delete it and create a new pairing "record". Does it still have in storage some information (perhaps an ID)? IS there any way to really clear out all the previous pairings?

Sorry, I misunderstood. I would imagine it still stores your device ID.

jeffc83
05-23-13, 01:22 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood. I would imagine it still stores your device ID.

UPDATE: Just for kicks, I flashed another ROM last night and have had no Bluetooth issues. (I did dirty flash it though)

smooth_ride
05-23-13, 09:45 PM
Yesterday, when I got in car I noticed phone BT was off, so I turned it on and it seemed to not flash BT every few minutes. I was able to make a call ok.

Today, I noticed for the second time is that it's pairing to my Nuvi GPS as well as the car. I unpaired, but still need to disable BT on the Nuvi. However, BT was still showing up on the DIC every few minutes, so maybe it reconnected to the Nuvi?

jeffc83
05-24-13, 12:04 AM
That alone could be your problem. Try to disable the GPS pairing to confirm.