: Horrible experience

mmmbacon
05-21-13, 09:23 PM
so 2 days ago i was driving home from work and i went to shift between 1st and second gear and i hear this horrible noise , i believe its the rear diff any ways the car would not move wen i pushed the gas i hear a grinding metal noise.

so i call cadillac because the diff was recentley replaced by north bay cadillac of great neck. I schedule an appointment through GM for 10am . no one shows no follow up call nothing i call to complain a drunk tow truck driver shows up at 3:30 pm ( thank god i was not stuck on the freeway ) and asks me for directions to the dealer as if i know, I told him there was no way he was taking my car .
im sorry but caddilac service is horrible and you would think that buying a 70 k car u would recieve some decent service if it broke down twice already

Trapspeed
05-21-13, 09:26 PM
I have to agree with your points for sure but do you know what it was yet?

mmmbacon
05-21-13, 09:34 PM
im pretty sure its the diff they could not get around to pick up my car lol im just waiting for one more broken diff so i can lemon this car

----------

anyone else on here with a manual v that is having diff issues

1997BlackETC
05-21-13, 09:44 PM
Darn, they just can't seem to get these diff's right, some say they are tough in the V2's but I have my doubts, the V1's had real issue with the rears. At least I don't have to worry about it for a while since my V is in storage, I love my VW though.

mmmbacon
05-21-13, 09:46 PM
its sad for me i love the car but holy hell i cant have this problem again ,,,, i guess a law suit is in order

1997BlackETC
05-21-13, 10:03 PM
Sounds like the mechanic who did your rear end screwed up and thats your problem. Now I'm thinking about that as I had mine done too @7K miles, hopefully if it happens it's not going to be a the end of the quarter mile going 119 mph. So far no problems with mine though and I've been around 1K miles with it since the rear was done. The mechanic seemed to really know what he was doing as I went in the garage and talked with him for a bit while he was working on it, he did the whole job in 4 hours which I was amazed with. 1K miles and now the rear end seems quite as a mouse. Was your rear end still making any noise before this happened? Was the reason you had it replaced due to it making whining noises?

Snotty Boom Body
05-21-13, 10:11 PM
Don't know why your having a second diff problem but one thing that is definitely hurting all of the V2's diffs is that they only hold 1.5 quarts of fluid.
They have to run hot even just cruising around town never mind any hard driving or tracking the car

Jinx
05-21-13, 10:40 PM
Sounds like the local tow company had a bad apple.

As for the diff, let's hope third time's a charm. Why was the first diff replaced?

mmmbacon
05-22-13, 04:42 AM
it was originaly replaced because it was whining

----------

what is the customary break in period on a new diff replacement ?

Trapspeed
05-22-13, 07:14 AM
it was originaly replaced because it was whining

----------

what is the customary break in period on a new diff replacement ?

IMO, 500 miles minimum.

thebigjimsho
05-22-13, 11:09 AM
its sad for me i love the car but holy hell i cant have this problem again ,,,, i guess a law suit is in order

Really? Gotta love litigation happy people...

----------

Darn, they just can't seem to get these diff's right, some say they are tough in the V2's but I have my doubts, the V1's had real issue with the rears. At least I don't have to worry about it for a while since my V is in storage, I love my VW though.

As a former owner of a V1, you have no clue. None. As for your VW, hooray...

ClarkkentCTSV
05-22-13, 07:03 PM
Are you sure it's not the clutch or tranny? Your description makes me think your clutch is gone. How long ago was the rear end changed?

Random84
05-22-13, 07:11 PM
I can't comment on the differential or your car in general, as there's just too much information NOT included so far in this thread.

One thing I CAN comment on, is that an inebriated tow truck driver is the fault of the local Contractor, their hiring practices and your bad luck.

Unless "Cadillac Customer Service" was painted onto the truck, you got whichever tow company was available in the area - pretty much like what you'd get if you called AAA. So I can get your rant, but just place your blame where it belongs: the Tow Truck Company and that driver.

Did you call the cops on the driver?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-22-13, 09:46 PM
so 2 days ago i was driving home from work and i went to shift between 1st and second gear and i hear this horrible noise , i believe its the rear diff any ways the car would not move wen i pushed the gas i hear a grinding metal noise.

so i call cadillac because the diff was recentley replaced by north bay cadillac of great neck. I schedule an appointment through GM for 10am . no one shows no follow up call nothing i call to complain a drunk tow truck driver shows up at 3:30 pm ( thank god i was not stuck on the freeway ) and asks me for directions to the dealer as if i know, I told him there was no way he was taking my car .
im sorry but caddilac service is horrible and you would think that buying a 70 k car u would recieve some decent service if it broke down twice already

Hello mmmbacon,

I apologize for the experience you had with no tow truck arriving when you made the appointment for them to. The tow truck companies we contract for our Roadside Assistance are independently owned and operated, but I would like to document what happened and send that to the correct people within the organization so they are made aware of this. Do you happen to know the company who the tow truck belonged to, as well as the name of the driver? I would like to assist you in the process of working with the dealership to try and diagnose what is wrong with your CTS-V. Could you private message me your VIN, mileage, name, contact info, and dealership you are currently working with? I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

mmmbacon
05-23-13, 01:18 AM
yes it was just a string of unfortunate circumstances as far as the tow truck was concerned that was not cadillacs fault however not recieving any service until the following day was dissapointing and the way there customer service team handled it was horrific , that said my car was diagnosed and they are saying it was the right rear axle broke loose
now my concern is that they are only repairing one side is this normal ? shouldent both axles be replaced

1997BlackETC
05-23-13, 02:46 AM
The guy who did the replacement diff did not put the axle in right, that's what happened. Should be ok just doing that side as long as the new diff carrier was not damaged when it broke.

As for thebigjimsho, yes i do have a clue, the V1's diff's were junk, that's why GM redesigned them for the V2's, now they are having different issues.

dennych
05-23-13, 03:01 AM
As for thebigjimsho, yes i do have a clue, the V1's diff's were junk, that's why GM redesigned them for the V2's, now they are having different issues.

So you're saying the diffs have a diff issue? har har har ;)

thebigjimsho
05-23-13, 12:44 PM
The guy who did the replacement diff did not put the axle in right, that's what happened. Should be ok just doing that side as long as the new diff carrier was not damaged when it broke.

The V1s you can't even take to the strip in stock form. I would rather turn, so I had no problems accepting the fact wheelhop will grenade your diff on burnouts. If it had 556hp, you'd be grenading diffs on demand.

The V2 may not all have perfect differentials, but I could do burnouts on demand whenever. As opposed to 3 total passes on a strip on my '04, I was able to dozens and dozens of passes in the '09. Without a worry.

If you didn't like the little bit of whining, then that's fine. My diff was perfect the entire time I had it. I never had worries with my '09. I had to be very restrictive in how I drove my '04. Heck, we even had conference calls with GM engineers and forum members, it was so bad. They made 4 iterations of differentials trying to improve the major issues.

So unless you had a V1, you have no idea...

cdog533
05-23-13, 03:56 PM
So unless you had a V1, you have no idea... The hop on wet pavement!!!! Madonn'!

CavemanB52
05-23-13, 04:52 PM
I have a manual. I have had tons of problems with the tranny and the rear diff. They were both replaced by GM. On the second diff i gave the rear diff the recommended break in of 1500 miles. I have 4500 miles and about 30 passes at the 1/4. Ive beat the crap out of it and Everything is great now and no whinning. I received my car off the lot with 650 miles or so.... So I think all you guys who were trying out my car before I actually got it were the cause of my first diff failure. Once its broken in properly the rear diff is damn near bullet proof. Hard part is breaking it in properly.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-23-13, 07:47 PM
yes it was just a string of unfortunate circumstances as far as the tow truck was concerned that was not cadillacs fault however not recieving any service until the following day was dissapointing and the way there customer service team handled it was horrific , that said my car was diagnosed and they are saying it was the right rear axle broke loose
now my concern is that they are only repairing one side is this normal ? shouldent both axles be replaced

Hello mmmbacon,

I could reach out to your dealership about the question you have about both axels being replaced if you could provide me with the dealership you are currently being serviced at. I will look for your updates to see if your vehicle is repaired to your satisfaction. If it isnít, feel free to private message us and we will look into your concern for you. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

mmmbacon
05-23-13, 10:08 PM
Hello mmmbacon,

I could reach out to your dealership about the question you have about both axels being replaced if you could provide me with the dealership you are currently being serviced at. I will look for your updates to see if your vehicle is repaired to your satisfaction. If it isn’t, feel free to private message us and we will look into your concern for you. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

it is being serviced At pepe cadillac of white plains ny thunder gray 6 speed thank you

Xaqtly
05-24-13, 02:37 PM
Broke loose? Holy crap. I've never heard of that happening to a V before, I wonder if it had to do with the first replacement, like if they didn't tighten something down to spec when they were putting it back together?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-13, 05:00 PM
it is being serviced At pepe cadillac of white plains ny thunder gray 6 speed thank you

Thanks mmmbacon, Could you private message me your name and your VIN so that the dealership would be able to find you in their system when I call them? Thank you!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

the blur
05-25-13, 06:43 PM
Did you buy new or used from North Bay ?

mmmbacon
06-17-13, 11:29 PM
sorry to resurect this thread but today after the last set of horrible circumstances it has happened again
and worse i was travling on the high way and because the dealer had decided not to change both axles my left axle broke loose this time putting me in the middle of a dangerous highway with a dead vehicle .
as per last time i waited in my car for 6 hours for roadside to make moves passing me along to various people and not solving any issues .
worst of all the dealership had not procured a rental car for me , and made me take a 3hr bus ride home in 90 degree weather .
and now plain and simple i dont feel safe in my car
gms customer service was horrible
they honestley dont give a **** that we spent 60k on these cars and i will be selling my car and never buying another gm product ever .

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-18-13, 09:49 AM
sorry to resurect this thread but today after the last set of horrible circumstances it has happened again
and worse i was travling on the high way and because the dealer had decided not to change both axles my left axle broke loose this time putting me in the middle of a dangerous highway with a dead vehicle .
as per last time i waited in my car for 6 hours for roadside to make moves passing me along to various people and not solving any issues .
worst of all the dealership had not procured a rental car for me , and made me take a 3hr bus ride home in 90 degree weather .
they honestley dont give a **** that we spent 60k on these cars and i will be selling my car and never buying another gm product ever .

Hello mmmbacon,

I am sorry for this experience you had to deal with. I wanted to let you know I did receive your private message, and I will continue to interact with you that way.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Chrispy
06-18-13, 10:44 AM

You need a new dealer that is insanity. you may want to call a lawyer.

Jinx
06-18-13, 11:11 AM
What was their reasoning for denying courtesy transportation? It's covered under the current new car warranty, was it not for your model year, or is your warranty already expired? Did you not ask for transportation?

pat2t2f
06-18-13, 12:38 PM
I don't think it's lawyer time but I would definitely find another dealer and make complaints within GM itself.

mmmbacon
06-18-13, 02:55 PM
this is the second dealer already :(

----------

they just left me in the parking lot of a closed dealership at 6pm , and did nothing other than tell me that there was no way i could get a loaner . when i got there the driver and me esentially left the car in front of there garage it took me 3 hrs to get home and i lost 2 days of work .

----------

already have done that they just keep telling me they are looking into it which honestley makes me uncomfortable i kind of just want my money back at this point
i can not afford to get stuck again ,

pat2t2f
06-18-13, 03:19 PM
It's unfortunate, it sucks and I agree with your anger but they are not taking the car back. Hopefully this is the last problem the car has. It all seems related so I'm fairly confident it will be ok from here on out.
As far as the dealer goes I would keep complaining to the service manager and regional manager. Document calls and what was said
Good luck.

RippyPartsDept
06-18-13, 03:52 PM
COURTESY TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
During the warranty coverage period, this Cadillac program provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses under the Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Several transportation options are available. Refer to your Owner Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer/retailer.

24/7 ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Cadillac is proud to offer the response, security, and convenience of the 24-hour Roadside Assistance Program for a period of 6-years or 70,000-miles1, whichever comes first, for 2013 models (5-years/100,000-miles1 for 2012 and older models). Refer to your Owner Manual for details, or consult your dealer/retailer. The Roadside Assistance contact information is listed in the Customer Assistance Offices section of the Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet.

straight from cadillac.com

notice the "reimbursement of certain transportation expenses"

i believe that covers trip interruption also

i understand that you say that customer care has not been helpful
if you haven't tried Laura and Greg here on the forums then definitely do that

mmmbacon
06-18-13, 03:52 PM
caddilac voided my warrantty :( and now i have to pay out of pocket for thier sloppy work

pat2t2f
06-18-13, 03:54 PM
Why was your warranty voided? Is the car modified?

RippyPartsDept
06-18-13, 03:56 PM
why was your warranty voided?

mmmbacon
06-18-13, 04:16 PM
i have id850s tune airraid pulleys and hx i do not see how this is correlated to my axle breaking but that is what they said

YoungBlood_STSV
06-18-13, 05:08 PM
i have id850s tune airraid pulleys and hx i do not see how this is correlated to my axle breaking but that is what they said

You're over-driving the blower and altered the CPU....I can't really say GM is in the wrong. The electronic torque limitations could be removed; more power is going to the diff than they engineered for; the rev limiter could be changed.

I'm sorry to hear that they are leaving you out to dry - it's not going to bode well for word of mouth PR here on the forum, but right now they're protecting themselves. You might have luck if you calmly approach the dealership that did the shoddy work. Its apparent that its all related. The diff goes, the one axle, then the other. It sure seems like it broke the second time because something wasn't tightened or was over-worn and that was exacerbated by installing the new right-side axle.

Good luck with the fix.

pat2t2f
06-18-13, 05:21 PM
I agree with Youngblood. You must have known that you were taking a chance on the dealer voiding the warranty after the mods.
Technically GM has to prove that the mods caused the piece to fail but it would be cheaper to pay to have the car repaired then to get into that fight.

neuronbob
06-18-13, 05:22 PM
caddilac voided my warrantty :( and now i have to pay out of pocket for thier sloppy work

Oh boy....

Does this dealer have a warranty for their work? Sounds related. I think the problem is less the car and more the dealership's response to your issue.

In any case, drivetrain warranty is voided for your engine mods? Diff is included in the drivetrain so even though your mods have nothing to do with the diff, it's still not covered. Or that's how I read it....

Sorry to read of your trouble.

mmmbacon
06-18-13, 05:41 PM
its ok i guess i have lots of mechanic friends nothing a few dollars and some beers wont fix .

----------

to top it off though i got a parking ticket and my v2v lip was damaged by the tow company

DCV
06-18-13, 05:41 PM
Just a lesson to us that with that many mods, they can and will void a warranty. No surprise.

Jinx
06-18-13, 05:42 PM
Your engine could be making significantly more power than stock. That power goes through the differential and the axles. It sucks that they broke, and I'm sure there are several other CTS-V owners who run bigger mods than that through the stock diff and axles and they don't have problems, but I see Cadillac's point.

Folks frequenting the Performance Mods section or other GM performance car resources might have useful tips for negotiating warranty support.

.Jinx

mmmbacon
06-18-13, 05:44 PM
You're over-driving the blower and altered the CPU....I can't really say GM is in the wrong. The electronic torque limitations could be removed; more power is going to the diff than they engineered for; the rev limiter could be changed.

I'm sorry to hear that they are leaving you out to dry - it's not going to bode well for word of mouth PR here on the forum, but right now they're protecting themselves. You might have luck if you calmly approach the dealership that did the shoddy work. Its apparent that its all related. The diff goes, the one axle, then the other. It sure seems like it broke the second time because something wasn't tightened or was over-worn and that was exacerbated by installing the new right-side axle.

Good luck with the fix.

i get that , and i did approach them calmly even if i paid them they said they would not fix it

pat2t2f
06-18-13, 05:51 PM
They won't fix it??? Didn't they fix the first one? What changed since the fixing of the first axle

mmmbacon
06-18-13, 08:56 PM
they are blaming my mods on thier neglegent install
meanwhile people have 800whp on stock axles and no drama

----------

luckily i was only doing about 30 mph when my axle let go

YoungBlood_STSV
06-19-13, 11:32 AM
They won't fix it??? Didn't they fix the first one? What changed since the fixing of the first axle

See, that's shady. "Oh yeah, we can fix it wrong twice...but now that's we've screwed up enough and GM is yanking the checkbook we're done working on this car because it's our ass on the line now"

This doesn't pass the smell test. What certified mechanic wouldn't offer to work on a car that he's trained to fix while getting paid top dollar? ...the one who's about to open himself up to a lawsuit cuz he's messed up multiple times already.

Jinx
06-19-13, 11:57 AM
Or maybe the dealership has had bad experiences with customers with mods, and feels they're all more trouble than they're worth.

RippyPartsDept
06-19-13, 12:30 PM
I'd like to get your VIN so I can see what exactly it says in the GM warranty system about your car.

any chance you'll post it here or PM/email it to me?

Chrispy
06-19-13, 12:46 PM
I thought you were stock! If you're modded you're on your own. Best to buy a whole new replacement diff and get it installed by a reputable shop.

mmmbacon
06-19-13, 04:46 PM
I'd like to get your VIN so I can see what exactly it says in the GM warranty system about your car.

any chance you'll post it here or PM/email it to me?

pm sent

----------

I thought you were stock! If you're modded you're on your own. Best to buy a whole new replacement diff and get it installed by a reputable shop.
i modded after the second repair it was the same axle clearley a faulty install

RippyPartsDept
06-19-13, 05:29 PM
from what I can tell from looking up you VIN in the warranty system there is no warranty block added to your VIN

if your dealer is the one telling you that your warranty was voided then they're not shooting straight with you
if Cadillac itself is telling you that then the system might not have updated on my end yet... but that's unlikely

you might want to contact Cadillac Customer Care and inform them that your dealer told you that your warranty was voided and have them check for you
they can do something about the situation and at least note that the dealer isn't being upfront with their customers (in at least one instance)

another course of action might just be to start dealing with another Cadillac dealer and put this one behind you and not look back
(or another GM dealer... Chevy would be my suggestion because they would have techs familiar with corvettes and camaros ... similar engines to yours)

i emailed you a copy of your warranty summary and your build sheet for good measure

also, keep in mind that you have modded and that muddies the waters when you end up in a situation like the one you find yourself in presently

good luck with your repairs,
chris

mmmbacon
06-19-13, 06:26 PM
i appreciate that im going to fix this with some buddies because i trust thier work .
if i need some parts i will contact you
best Alex

CadAdvisor
07-04-13, 04:59 PM
Sorry all but I'm calling b.s. on if not this whole issue involving mmmbacon at least most of it. As someone who has seen it all and heard every excuse allow me to explain.
Let's understand the simplest fact, if you modify your vehicle while it's under the FACTORY warranty you VOID the warranty and/or at least the related components to the system modified. Period, end of discussion. Read your owners manual, it's in very clear print.
Considering the axle mentioned is part of what's considered the powertrain/drivetrain system there is no warranty regardless due to your modifications. The dealer has every right to decline a repair and no one will "goodwill" or as it's now known "policy" the repair. The factory will not allow nor will pay for it.

If I read the history as you've provided it mmmbacon you've already had a differential replacement and are now going on your 3rd axle replacement??
You've had the differential replaced at one dealer, then had to have the factory d/s rear axle replaced at another dealer and THEN the replacement axle failed and you wonder why that dealer declined a warranty repair?? What company do you know of won't protect itself??
Am I understanding this right? Am I the only one here seeing a pattern?? I find it hard to believe the same failure of the exact same part in the exact same way within weeks is wholly due to poor workmanship. It's easy to blame the guy doing the work as it's an easier excuse than being honest. So we have 2 dealers, making the exact same mistake with the exact same repair? Nope, not buying it.

I also find it impossible to believe the dealer declined doing the repair as cash work. NO dealer is turning away CASH work in these times. What the dealer will do is document the modifications (yes to protect themselves, duh) and advise the work would not be warrantied due to the mods.

Your story is all over the place here.... I was doing 15mph, I was doing 30mph, a 60k car, a 70K car, blah blah blah

Here's what I believe happened, you bought this V second hand, modified it (as if 570hp isn't enough) and now expect the rules to be bent because you bought an expensive (when it was brand NEW) vehicle and think someone owes you something. It also doesn't matter in the least "so-and-so did A,B and C and has had no problems", YOU voided your warranty and the dealer is well within their right not to touch that car if they so choose.

I could continue to analyze and respond to EVERY bit of this story and dispute 99% of it but why bother.
There is much more to this story we're not hearing but it doesn't matter. mmmbacon is playing a great victim and what's an easier target than the "stealership"?
We're just here to rip you off right?

Deflect blame any way you see fit but you have no case and it's your own fault. Good luck with your argument in court (if it ever gets that far).

Now I'll wait for those who have no clue what they're talking about to respond and attack. This should get good.

muohio
07-06-13, 05:34 PM
I also feel like this isn't adding up. Maybe the five Cadillac dealerships I've dealt with are the exception, but their customer treatment has always been fair if not exceptional. Not saying that there can't be bad dealers, but this is just too hard to believe.

CavemanB52
07-07-13, 07:27 AM
Same. Usually exceptional treatment here. You must be a rare case or they don't like you.

odla
07-07-13, 11:26 PM
I don't know if it is rare for this to happen. I had a Cadillac dealership service writer once tell me that they wouldn't warranty a part just because i didn't buy the car from them. Out off all the gm dealerships that i have had my cars worked on i never had this happen except for the Cadillac dealer. Went straight to another dealer and they said no problem. Had the car back the next day. Op should just try another dealer.

bnagel
07-10-13, 05:59 PM
:stirpot: Patiently waiting to hear an update.

mmmbacon
07-10-13, 08:02 PM
basically sir you are wrong my axle was not torqued down correctley the first time when they installed the diff this was clearley visable on the axle there where no stress marks the bolts simply un threaded themselves . i do not take my car to the track just some simple agressive street driving ,
furthermore our cars are not known for having a weak rear axle , when the axle came loose the inside of the diff were the ring is was chewed i have pictures to verify ,
when they re attached the second axle there was no way that 3 of the bolts could have even threaded on the diff that is why the wormed out again . now we are at the point where they voided my warrantty ( also these repairs are all within 800 miles of eachother . ) finally i took my car to vette tech in great neck long island they ordered a new axle they said the axle was not really damaged and the reason it fell out was because the dealer never rethreaded the holes the BOLTS WERE NEVER in the diff ring .

----------

it just boils down to simple neglegance and the same old story of the dealer covering thier asses . i have multiple witnesses and shop testimony if you are calling me a liar im sorry for you sir .
i will see gm in court and they will loose plain and simple

----------

I also feel like this isn't adding up. Maybe the five Cadillac dealerships I've dealt with are the exception, but their customer treatment has always been fair if not exceptional. Not saying that there can't be bad dealers, but this is just too hard to believe.it is really hard for me to belive as well i never thought that i would end up in a legal battle over this . believe me this is my last option . the service advisor is siding with the mechanic even though he is a noob and used an impact gun on my diff and did not hand torque the bolts and use lock tight .

----------

ok mark this is clearley you sir your mechanic did not install the axle correctley end of story .

----------

Sorry all but I'm calling b.s. on if not this whole issue involving mmmbacon at least most of it. As someone who has seen it all and heard every excuse allow me to explain.
Let's understand the simplest fact, if you modify your vehicle while it's under the FACTORY warranty you VOID the warranty and/or at least the related components to the system modified. Period, end of discussion. Read your owners manual, it's in very clear print.
Considering the axle mentioned is part of what's considered the powertrain/drivetrain system there is no warranty regardless due to your modifications. The dealer has every right to decline a repair and no one will "goodwill" or as it's now known "policy" the repair. The factory will not allow nor will pay for it.

If I read the history as you've provided it mmmbacon you've already had a differential replacement and are now going on your 3rd axle replacement??
You've had the differential replaced at one dealer, then had to have the factory d/s rear axle replaced at another dealer and THEN the replacement axle failed and you wonder why that dealer declined a warranty repair?? What company do you know of won't protect itself??
Am I understanding this right? Am I the only one here seeing a pattern?? I find it hard to believe the same failure of the exact same part in the exact same way within weeks is wholly due to poor workmanship. It's easy to blame the guy doing the work as it's an easier excuse than being honest. So we have 2 dealers, making the exact same mistake with the exact same repair? Nope, not buying it.

I also find it impossible to believe the dealer declined doing the repair as cash work. NO dealer is turning away CASH work in these times. What the dealer will do is document the modifications (yes to protect themselves, duh) and advise the work would not be warrantied due to the mods.

Your story is all over the place here.... I was doing 15mph, I was doing 30mph, a 60k car, a 70K car, blah blah blah

Here's what I believe happened, you bought this V second hand, modified it (as if 570hp isn't enough) and now expect the rules to be bent because you bought an expensive (when it was brand NEW) vehicle and think someone owes you something. It also doesn't matter in the least "so-and-so did A,B and C and has had no problems", YOU voided your warranty and the dealer is well within their right not to touch that car if they so choose.

I could continue to analyze and respond to EVERY bit of this story and dispute 99% of it but why bother.
There is much more to this story we're not hearing but it doesn't matter. mmmbacon is playing a great victim and what's an easier target than the "stealership"?
We're just here to rip you off right?

Deflect blame any way you see fit but you have no case and it's your own fault. Good luck with your argument in court (if it ever gets that far).

Now I'll wait for those who have no clue what they're talking about to respond and attack. This should get good. Mark this is clearley you sir . your mechanic installed the axle incorrectley and i have proof . it will go to ccourt and you will loose have a nice day

----------

V second hand, modified it (as if 570hp isn't enough) its 556 mark and its not enough . learn about the cars you are servicing

----------

"you bought an expensive (when it was brand NEW) vehicle and think someone owes you something" this is that great customer service i was talking about . mark i can buy your wife i have that kind of money you will never see as a service advisor any hows may this be a warning to all on here do not buy a car from pepe cadilac or pepe automotive group .

----------

"mmmbacon is playing a great victim and what's an easier target than the stealership" i am a victim here to your noob mechanic not knowing how to install the axle

----------

"also find it impossible to believe the dealer declined doing the repair as cash work. NO dealer is turning away CASH work in these times. What the dealer will do is document the modifications (yes to protect themselves, duh) and advise the work would not be warrantied due to the mods."
word for word what you said we dont want to work on your car it will open a can of worms ....... you like apples

----------

Mark Any car person can tell you mods or no mods an axle should not fall out after 800 miles of it being driven on .. you clearley are a vengful prick and its because of dealers like you that the courts ruled in favor of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

modded or not you should have fixed it and whent on with your life and gotten greased under the table like a good little bitch

dennych
07-10-13, 11:40 PM
that post just hurt my brain......

mmmbacon
07-11-13, 12:46 AM
mee too sorry you had to read this