Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Interesting phone call from Dealer

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
Phone rang this morning, it was my local dealer. Asked if I still had my V, and when I said yes, I expected some service pitch. Instead, he says they checked my purchase date, sale price, and contract and said I have positive equity in the car.

Ah, Okay. :bigroll:

Then, he says he has a buyer desperate for a Vagon. Said they could put me in something shiny and new, and make me a hell of a deal. Said they really want my car. I politely declined, and he says if I change my mind, call him back.

Maybe these things are going to be collectable sooner than I expected...

#3 ·
Wouldn't bet on it.
I would bet on salesmen getting shrewder and less ethical.
Should have gone down there with the attitude that you
were interested tosee what they had to offer. Nothing great, I'll bet.
And I think that they will be sort of collectible down the road,
but not Dodge Hemi Cuda & / or Plymouth Hemi Challanger kind of thing.

#4 ·
I had a call and mail like that when I had my V1. Of course, when I was looking at the V2 the same salesman tried to lowball by thousands on my V1 if i traded it in. I ended up by my V2 elsewhere.

#5 ·
I got a similar call from my local dealer. The salesman wanted to put my car on a list for other buyers looking for a used V2. He said that if one is found, he would "exchange" my car for a new V2, but there "might" be a small payment due by me. Sounds like a trade-in solicitation, but he wouldn't order a car, it would either come from inventory or he would search other dealerships. Hmm. Same wine, different bottle. I didn't bite.

Jud

#11 ·
Those dealers will make money off you both ways. They will make a great deal of cash on your trade in and on the new car. It's a win win for them! You know how many people actually fall for it. Heck, if I was positive equity a good amount and I got a big discount off the new car, I may consider it. It's already working! LOL!

#12 ·
When I had my '04 V on order, I got a similar notice that my Honda dealer needed my '01 coupe to help fill their used car section and I'd get "top dollar".

All they wanted was to get me to buy a new Honda. When I informed them I had the Caddy on order and just wanted to sell back my Honda, that "top dollar" became $1G less than clean trade-in.

Olson Cadillac gave me more than $1500 more than that Honda dealer...and my trade-in greatly reduced my sales tax...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.