: Touchy steering at Interstate speeds.

Benscaddy
05-21-13, 03:44 PM
hello all, i have 2011 Escalade with 50K on it and the steering at speed seems to be very touchy. any thoughts?
thanks in advance

ELUSIVE
05-21-13, 04:11 PM
What exactly do you mean by touchy?

Everything look ok with your suspension parts? Sway bar or end link broken?
tire pressures ok?

Benscaddy
05-21-13, 04:30 PM
If I have 2 hands on the wheel at Interstate speeds, it seems too easy to over correct if thats understandable. Almost darty in the front end. Can these Racks be adjusted in anyway? It has 22s and parts look good but havent inspected very close yet.
Thanks again.

Cadsrfun
05-21-13, 11:21 PM
If I have 2 hands on the wheel at Interstate speeds, it seems too easy to over correct if thats understandable. Almost darty in the front end. Can these Racks be adjusted in anyway? It has 22s and parts look good but havent inspected very close yet.
Thanks again.

When was the last time it was aligned? That might help. They might be able to adjust the toe in and still keep it within specs to correct the steering to your liking.

adamjeeps
05-22-13, 03:47 PM
Tire pressure too high due to higher temperatures?

jlawsonz
05-26-13, 06:54 PM
hello all, i have 2011 Escalade with 50K on it and the steering at speed seems to be very touchy. any thoughts?
thanks in advance

It is alignment. I had front tire inner wear and replaced tires and had the erratic feel as you describe until I had an alignment done.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-28-13, 12:12 PM
It is alignment. I had front tire inner wear and replaced tires and had the erratic feel as you describe until I had an alignment done.

Hello jlawsonz,

Thanks for sharing this information with everyone. Happy to hear you were able to get your alignment fixed and your vehicle seems to be operating well now.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service