: Here's one for the record books.

khoeysr
05-21-13, 03:23 PM
I had to replace the RR wheel on my '12 coupe because I curbed it really good. When the dealer's mechanic finished his work, he laid his impact wrench on top of the lower control arm and then forgot about it. When the car was lowered the impact wrench was securely wedged inside the coil spring.

The service manager called me after I had returned home ( a trip of about 28 miles at sometimes high speed) to ask if I had "heard anything fall off of my car"!!!! Ended up taking it to a nearby local shop who put it up on a lift and eventually had to pull the wheel to get the impact wrench out.

They had me back over to check everything out. No problems fortunately. The added work was free, and they covered the local shop's bill and threw me a Cadillac golf shirt.

Wonder if anyone else has ever had that happen to them.:hmm:

Va72mlibu
05-21-13, 04:06 PM
I once had a crew chief leave his safety wire pliers on top of my Apache's tail rotor gearbox. Found on post flight. Any negative "G" maneuver (which is easy in an AH64) could have resulted in the pliers touching the driveshafts and led to a catastrophic failure.

FLTRI
05-21-13, 05:05 PM
I have a nice 1/4" drive Mac ratchet, extension and 10mm deep socket a mechanic left in my Corvette 15 years ago. If I hadn't had to spend 2 hours cleaning his greasy hand prints off of the seats, door panels and dash, after I got the car back, I would have returned it...

Trapspeed
05-21-13, 05:51 PM
I once had a crew chief leave his safety wire pliers on top of my Apache's tail rotor gearbox. Found on post flight. Any negative "G" maneuver (which is easy in an AH64) could have resulted in the pliers touching the driveshafts and led to a catastrophic failure.

And that there would have gotten his ass beaten upon landing. Period. Hell, maybe it did!

Va72mlibu
05-22-13, 01:35 AM
And that there would have gotten his ass beaten upon landing. Period. Hell, maybe it did!

The Army kinda' frowns on Officers beating on Soldiers these days. He didn't touch another aircraft for awhile though!

khoeysr
06-19-13, 02:17 PM
Thought I would bump this one up.

jbwhite85
06-19-13, 03:52 PM
So there I was, taking off at max gross weight 590,000Lbs out of Honolulu international...start rolling down the runway, hit V1 (commit speed), rotate, and as soon as we rotated, we hear this huge boom and it shakes the aircraft violently. Long story short, crew chief left a wrench in one of the motors, go into the compressor section and destroyed a six million dollar engine. We proceeded to dump jet fuel over Waikiki/pacific ocean for the next 30 minutes just to get to our max landing weight.

JB

DCV
06-19-13, 04:17 PM
Hey doctors leave things inside people all the time too....sponges, forceps, needles, gauze....you name it.

Trapspeed
06-19-13, 08:56 PM
So there I was, taking off at max gross weight 590,000Lbs out of Honolulu international...start rolling down the runway, hit V1 (commit speed), rotate, and as soon as we rotated, we hear this huge boom and it shakes the aircraft violently. Long story short, crew chief left a wrench in one of the motors, go into the compressor section and destroyed a six million dollar engine. We proceeded to dump jet fuel over Waikiki/pacific ocean for the next 30 minutes just to get to our max landing weight.

JB

And again, someone's a$$ would have been beaten upon landing. :) What were you in? Sounds like maybe a 747?

jbwhite85
06-20-13, 06:20 PM
Kc-10 (dc-10).

Trapspeed
06-20-13, 07:00 PM
Kc-10 (dc-10).

Awesome. Another monster. :)

turbol15
06-20-13, 11:34 PM
retards

beneseagal
06-21-13, 10:48 PM
The same stupid ass dealer tried telling me that my v runs on 89 octane when I purchased! Then the day after picking up the car (in which was 3 days later than promised) the car broke down! Supposedly new (but had 100+ miles on it) every light on the dash was on! Replaced the throttle assembly, told me it was just a electronic thing. Pick up the car, week later same thing! So I call a dealer in LA, he says there's a bulletin about it to check the plug coming in from the firewall if not properly installed it will leak water in. The idiots just replaced again! I ended up wrecking the car a few weeks later!!! Needless to say I will never ever go back to them again. I have to drive an hr away for warranty work, but well worth it in my opinion! Crest cadillac sucks!!!

FLTRI
06-22-13, 05:37 AM
The same stupid ass dealer tried telling me that my v runs on 89 octane when I purchased! Then the day after picking up the car (in which was 3 days later than promised) the car broke down! Supposedly new (but had 100+ miles on it) every light on the dash was on! Replaced the throttle assembly, told me it was just a electronic thing. Pick up the car, week later same thing! So I call a dealer in LA, he says there's a bulletin about it to check the plug coming in from the firewall if not properly installed it will leak water in. The idiots just replaced again! I ended up wrecking the car a few weeks later!!! Needless to say I will never ever go back to them again. I have to drive an hr away for warranty work, but well worth it in my opinion! Crest cadillac sucks!!!

Huh? So they left 89 octane fuel in your V and you crashed it?

I guess that tops the wrenches left in the airplane stories...

WGT31
06-22-13, 10:25 AM

Which Crest Cadillac?

beneseagal
06-23-13, 12:46 PM
Huh? So they left 89 octane fuel in your V and you crashed it?

I guess that tops the wrenches left in the airplane stories...

They didn't fix the problem as to why the throttle assembly kept needing to be replaced. Just kept replacing it!

----------

Which Crest Cadillac?

Yes sir! Crusty crest!

Dark Sarcasm
07-04-13, 08:53 PM
I left a Maglight in the skid plate of my jeep after doing some work on the shifter linkage, every turn it made this horrible grinding noise followed by a bang. I thought I had screwed up my transfer case for sure! I was so relieved when I found it. I also left a pair of mechanics gloves on top of my winch, the survived a 10 mile street and highway ride to the parts store.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)