: ATS SCCA AutoX classing

SLA
05-21-13, 12:42 PM
My letter was reviewed and the SCCA has classified the ATS in June's Fastrack.

2.5 ATS is in GS
2.0 ATS is in DS
3.6 ATS is in BS

I don't know why the 3.6 went to BS. It doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell there. If you feel the same, write your letter to the SEB.

It should be noted that in 2014 HS will be moved into GS and all of the RWD cars from DS will be moving to FS.

M5eater
05-22-13, 01:48 PM
Doesn't surprise me in the least

More proof that scca ruling is pathetically flawd

Take a look at what's in b stock, it's all over the place from the c5 rs6 to sti'

Ohh but the V and a e90 m3 were FS at our local

SLA
05-22-13, 02:17 PM
C5 is in AS.

The 3.6 ATS would be much better off in FS

M5eater
05-22-13, 02:50 PM
C5 is in AS.

The 3.6 ATS would be much better off in FS

not C5 corvette
C5 RS6, I suppose it could be interpreted that way, sorry.
it's a 2 ton german sedan. I feel like I need to shout "Hard to port !" when attacking tight radius turns.

It(the ATS) should at *least* be in the same class as the cars it competes with.
ie the 335is which is D-stock.

Again though Scca stock classing is completly illogical and non-sensical. There are so many contraditions and what the f*cks I don't bother arguing.

It stinks the ATS is yet another example of this, but I suspect no amount of emailing will convince them to change their minds.

I'm sure the ATS-V whenever it comes out will logically be bumped up into SS or AS, or maybe they won't consider it in a stock class at all if they bump it up 3 classes every time.

SLA
05-22-13, 06:44 PM
If you think that's bad, read the June Fastrack.

335 is going to FS as in F Street. Yes, street...not stock.

M5eater
05-22-13, 07:13 PM
rofl.

a car everyone agrees has gotten softer, is bumped up into street.

this is why I don't compete competitively in my local chapter.

SLA
05-22-13, 11:07 PM
What I was saying is that the stock classes are turning into "street" next year. No more r-comps in "street" with the exception being SS.

M5eater
06-03-13, 09:27 AM
What I was saying is that the stock classes are turning into "street" next year. No more r-comps in "street" with the exception being SS.
IIRC any tire you run also has to have treadwear above 200 yes?

SLA
06-03-13, 10:54 AM
IIRC any tire you run also has to have treadwear above 200 yes?

Currently you can run Hoosiers in stock, so no. Next year going to street tires only, 200TW is the minimum.

Street touring is 200TW also.