: Need to change rotors and pads, which ones are good??

sosatyme72
05-21-13, 10:12 AM
Well its time to replace front/rear rotors and pads...which ones are good and where can i buy them for the best price? rockauto? thanks guys!

MrHolland
05-21-13, 10:27 AM
Ive had good luck with slotted/dimpled rotors from brakepermance.com and wagner ceamic pads. Rotors have life time warranty against warping and cracking and the pads are low dust.

Forum vendor R1 Concepts would be another good place to check.

BDuncan
05-21-13, 11:20 AM
For standard rotors, NAPA premium rotors at about $50 are hard to beat. I also use EBC shallow slotted rotors on the rear - EBC developed these to be quiet as opposed to most deeper slotted rotors. I have had very long life with virtually no wear on both of these rotors. For pads I only used Wagner Thermo Quiet Ceramic pads on all of my vehicles, amazing wear, no noise, no squeal and no dust. I replaced my factory original front rotors at about 75-80K miles thinking they were causing a slight vibration under hard braking - turns out it was the rear rotors. My original fronts had almost no wear at all. The rears were hot spotted. Escalades are much harder on rear brakes than fronts - probably brake bias set that way to prevent front end dive of a heavy vehicle.

Chip Potts
05-21-13, 07:48 PM
I just bought and installed the Powerstop Evolution Performance Rotor and ceramic pad kit from Summit Racing (PWR-K2015). The rotors are drilled and slotted and matching ceramic pads were included. My braking performance improved significantly (30%-40%). Pedal feel is stronger and eliminated pedal free play. I would recommend the kit.

sosatyme72
05-21-13, 07:51 PM
ok but isnt slotted/ drilled rotors more for show?? I have oem 22"s on mine. what about oem rotors does dealer use Ac Delco as well for parts?

Rolex
05-21-13, 08:18 PM
+1 on NAPA. NAPA sells a pretty good rotor for a decent price.

I replaced my front rotors with Frozen Rotors and Hawk pads. It's a super upgrade, but not cheap.

sosatyme72
05-21-13, 11:16 PM
what if i went with Napa premium rotors all the way around? is that good or do I need better ones in the rear with the Wagner ThermoQuiet pads?

This is just a daily drivin family truck, so not sure if I need those performance type rotors??? thanks guys

MrHolland
05-21-13, 11:27 PM
Those rotors and pads will work great!! I only bought my rotors because wifey this ability of warping rotors in everything she drives. Thus far, she has been unsuccessful in destroying these!!!

the cadillac man
05-21-13, 11:35 PM
Those rotors and pads will work great!! I only bought my rotors because wifey this ability of warping rotors in everything she drives. Thus far, she has been unsuccessful in destroying these!!!

I am going to guess she rides the brakes a lot

sosatyme72
05-21-13, 11:53 PM
thanks is there a difference between premium and ultra premium I see on their website for these?

flyingdutchman
05-22-13, 03:49 PM
Centric pads and rotors

sprink60
05-23-13, 01:01 AM
EWC Yellow Stuff...big difference in stopping power...but dusty. Best all around= Wagner Thermoquiet. Very little dust and stopping power 85%~905 of Yellow Stuff.

It's not that the Wagners are bad...it's just that the Yellow Stuff pads are that good.