: Fuel Injector

94CaddyConcours
01-15-05, 07:48 PM
How do I check if my fuel injector is normal. Every time i replace the fuses it would burn out. :)

BeelzeBob
01-16-05, 02:17 AM
I think that there are two injector fuses...?? Do both of them burn out or just one??

Go to the fuel rail and the injectors. Unhook or disconnect the wire connector to each injector. Replace any blown fuses. Turn on the key. See if the fuse blows. If it does, then it is not the injectors if they are disconnected. Start tracing the wiring harness and look for a damaged area or short somewhere. If the fuses are fine after turning on the key then leave the key on and start plugging in each injector. Plug in the wire connector and see if the fuse blows. Crank the engine briefly and see if the fuse blows. Connect a second injector. Check the fuses. Crank and check the fuses. Work thru all 8 injectors this way. When the fuse blows when an injector is connected then that is likely the culprit. Keep checking as there may be more than one injector shorted out. If one injector pops the fuse after being hooked up...disconnect the wire and mark that injector for later reference. Keep going around to the other injectors in turn and check each. If another one blows the fuse, disconnect and mark it and continue with it disconnected.

94CaddyConcours
01-17-05, 04:55 PM
The fuse only blown on the odd side. It doesnt burn out when i replace them until i shut the car down.