: Help decide please!

Karn
05-20-13, 09:12 PM
Hello, I am currently in the process of purchasing a used cadillac cts; I have two options thus far.
Option one:
2011 Cadillac cts http://www.igburtonchevymilford.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Cadillac-CTS_Sedan-3.0L_V6_AWD_Luxury-Milford-DE/1934347853
-AWD
-28k miles
-Minor scuffs on headlight and below headlight, which I am sure they will clear up in the car detail/buffing process. That is what I am hoping.
-Has 2 year/22k miles warranty left.
-single exhaust
-Rear view camera in rearview mirror
27k OTD.

Option two: http://www.colemancaddy.com/VehicleDetails/used-2010-Cadillac-CTS-3.0L_V6_AWD_Luxury-Lawrence_Township-NJ/1971812853
2010 cadillac cts
-AWD
-34k miles
-It is two hours away so I am not sure what the condition is but is noted as excellent by the dealer
-has 8months/16k miles warranty left
-Dual exhaust
-25k OTD

rchern
05-20-13, 09:20 PM
You should be able to get more information than that. From what I understand underneath the spare tire cover is printed all the info on the car. Also, if you're going through a dealer they should give you all of the info on the car.

Karn
05-20-13, 09:25 PM
Sorry forgot to include links to the cars. There you go! that might help

rchern
05-20-13, 09:34 PM
I notice that neither dealer lists any options. Also, both dealers under the standard equipment heading have printed that the sound system is "upgradeable to the UAV audio system with navigation". The place in Milford has listed under overview that it has a navigation system. I don't understand what the upgradeable language means. I would get that straight. Coleman has the color as Vanilla Latte and the other dealer doesn't list a color. I had a White Diamond and I loved it but I don't know what Vanilla Latte is. You'll have to search the forum to see what the 3.0 engine is like or drive it and see if you like it. I've never had anything but the 3.6. That should give you something to get started with.

Karn
05-20-13, 09:37 PM
links are there

angelbones
05-20-13, 09:54 PM
For some reason, I couldn't view photos on either site. However, IMO, I say you go for the 2011 because you're going to get an extra 1+ years of warranty, and that would be worth any additional cost over the 2010. Of course, if they are optioned differently then my opinion might change, as I'm basing my choice on an apples to apples comparison.

Karn
05-20-13, 10:20 PM
2011 is optioned better than the 2010. other than the minor scuffs on the headlights and below headlights it is a nice car. Also, I am not sure about a single exhaust! I was also telling myself the extra 2 year warranty and premium care for 2 years should be worth enough by itself to go with the 2011 :)

jghiller
05-20-13, 11:07 PM
Radio upgradeable to UAV??? Have him do this for you and then you would buy. Have not heard of anyone or dealer offerring to upgrade a radio to UAV. Many folks on this site have spent endless time trying to do it themselves. Both models are luxury so dont expect to get many options. They are probably leased vehicles that were brought back at end of lease. A lot of dealers sell the base model for leases. IMO

Karn
05-20-13, 11:16 PM
where did you read the radio portion? He didn't offer me the radio upgrade at all

----------

Okay, nvm dealer just copy/pasted factors list. The dealer in milford said it has navigation.. But they didn't specify it was ON STAR NAVIGATION!. anyways the dealer from milford gave me the car for a few days so I am currently enjoying the heck out of it. It has minor scuffs on the headlights and below the headlights. and on the chrome panel on the driver side entrance.. I just need to get the dealer to do a paint detail and maybe ask for a tint deal and floormats

jeffc83
05-20-13, 11:31 PM
where did you read the radio portion? He didn't offer me the radio upgrade at all

----------

Okay, nvm dealer just copy/pasted factors list. The dealer in milford said it has navigation.. But they didn't specify it was ON STAR NAVIGATION!. anyways the dealer from milford gave me the car for a few days so I am currently enjoying the heck out of it. It has minor scuffs on the headlights and below the headlights. and on the chrome panel on the driver side entrance.. I just need to get the dealer to do a paint detail and maybe ask for a tint deal and floormats

I strongly recommend the premium model...you won't regret it! Personally, I've purchased too many cars that aren't "fully loaded" and have regretted that decision every time except for this one as it is the premium model:)

I don't believe either model you were looking at was a premium so go for whatever your heart tells you and good luck!

like2drive
05-20-13, 11:48 PM
I might have missed something but both dealers write on their respective websites that there are 3.0L fuel injection. If I'm not mistaken, the 3.0L has always been with direct injection? Might just be a generic mistyping...

Karn
05-21-13, 12:01 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?dealer_id=615231&ct=u&car_id=341315641 So here is another contender! Maybe I can talk the dealer down to $27k OTD if so that would be fantastic considering it is a premium. However, only one thing I despise is that it has black seats.. I wish they were same as these cadillacs

jeffc83
05-21-13, 12:29 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?dealer_id=615231&ct=u&car_id=341315641 So here is another contender! Maybe I can talk the dealer down to $27k OTD if so that would be fantastic considering it is a premium. However, only one thing I despise is that it has black seats.. I wish they were same as these cadillacs

Now that one is nice...looks like it's in great shape and is well equipped! I have the black interior and wouldn't turn back for any reason. This is only the second car I've had with a dark interior and noticed it doesn't show wear and tear/dirt as much as the lighter interiors. I'd recommend it myself. Personally, I don't like red cars but that one is a looker;)

Black'10CTS4
05-21-13, 05:03 AM
Oh go for the Red one!!! It has the premium package which makes a difference in options.

Some things to notice:
That one has the Nav system with the full touch screen that lifts up from the dash and a 40 GB hard drive to store all your music on, the white cars have the base radio with push button and there is no nav screen or hard drive.

The red one has the 3.6L engine and the white ones have the 3.0L

The red one has the proximity key fob so you never take the key fob out of your pocket, you can tell this by looking closely at the picture of the steering wheel, that big chrome looking key is actually permanently mounted in the car and wont turn on till it senses the key fob in your pocket. Both the white ones have standard keys.

Red one had ventilated seats, hit the button and fans cool the seats down, those buttons are missing from the others.

Lastly, the red one looks pretty cool! :cool:

tinman
05-21-13, 07:55 AM
I currently have a wagon with 3.6, nav/sirius/40GB rear wheel drive. I have been in a loaner car for a week with std. radio, no nav, 3.0.

A HUGE difference! I would never buy a 3.0 as well as the low end radio/nav system.

Lots of unhappy people with AWD on the forum, too. Seek out more info on AWD before you buy.

rchern
05-21-13, 08:41 AM
The red one is way more car than the other two. Like night and day. More features. Better wheels. I never liked black interior with a red car and I ordered mine like that and I'm still glad I did.

jeffc83
05-21-13, 08:47 AM
I currently have a wagon with 3.6, nav/sirius/40GB rear wheel drive. I have been in a loaner car for a week with std. radio, no nav, 3.0.

A HUGE difference! I would never buy a 3.0 as well as the low end radio/nav system.

Lots of unhappy people with AWD on the forum, too. Seek out more info on AWD before you buy.

Well put...many aren't happy with AWD. Personally, I'm glad I got it and love pulling the fuse to enjoy RWD every now and then;)

tinman
05-21-13, 09:11 AM
Well put...many aren't happy with AWD. Personally, I'm glad I got it and love pulling the fuse to enjoy RWD every now and then;)

Well, you got the best of both worlds!

Karn
05-21-13, 10:35 AM
so wait premium AWD comes with 3.6liter engine? mmh interesting I didn't know that!

----------

indeed it does..now I am in the process of haggling with the dealer! :D This ought to be interesting[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

unfortunately that didn't go too well.. the dealership is firm on price for the premium model which is 28k+TTL which will be around 30k. I don't think I can afford that

----------

Okay so the premium model is 30k... Debating 27k on luxury w/o nav or 30k for premium for bigger wheels, nav, keyless entry, 3.6L engine... :/

tinman
05-21-13, 11:11 AM
$3000 delta.

How long are you going to own the car? What does upgraded jam box and nav and power (more power, Scotty) mean to you?

gohawks63
05-21-13, 11:23 AM

I have had no issues with AWD.

Tbbt
05-21-13, 11:47 AM
I have had no issues with AWD.

I have had ZERO issues with my AWD CTS and love the gas mileage, both in city and highway. You'll love AWD if you live in snow areas! Does it feel different from RWD? Yes it does, but the positives of having AWD makes up for the 'feel'.

Marv

tinman
05-21-13, 11:59 AM
I completely agree that not everybody has problems. The reason I probably remember problems with the AWD is you guys whine the most on the forum! :stirpot:

Tbbt
05-21-13, 12:02 PM
I completely agree that not everybody has problems. The reason I probably remember problems with the AWD is you guys whine the most on the forum! :stirpot:

Stir away Tinman, I'm not taking the bait! LOL

Some will though!

Black'10CTS4
05-21-13, 12:16 PM
"Okay so the premium model is 30k... Debating 27k on luxury w/o nav or 30k for premium for bigger wheels, nav, keyless entry, 3.6L engine... :/"

I did this before buying, you should try it. Go to your nearest Cadillac dealership and tell them youre interested in buying a CTS. Tell them you want to drive a luxury package then ask them to show you the difference between that and a premium package. You'll see the differences first hand and who knows, they might have one you fall in love with!

tinman
05-21-13, 12:18 PM
Stir away Tinman, I'm not taking the bait! LOL

Some will though!

I haven't had a smile on my face this big while writing a response here EVER. :halo:

jeffc83
05-21-13, 12:21 PM
Well, you got the best of both worlds!

Until my dealer tells me that I shouldn't have messed with the AWD fuse...lol. (so far so good)

tinman
05-21-13, 12:25 PM
And, how will the dealer know if you removed the fuse and abused?

jeffc83
05-21-13, 12:58 PM
And, how will the dealer know if you removed the fuse and abused?

They wouldn't unless I was stupid enough to tell them;)

tinman
05-21-13, 12:59 PM
:shhh:

Karn
05-21-13, 01:56 PM
I don't know if I mentioned that I currently have the 2011 cadillac cts AWD 3.0l the one for 27k OTD as a demo vehicle.. I have to return it on wednesday. I love the way it drive I don't think it is underpowered; however, I hate using cds and hate using ipod I wish it had a usb.. lol paying 3k more for a usb is really first world problems :D

tinman
05-21-13, 02:28 PM
Ahhh, life is a matter of choices. How nice you get the test drive. If you end up with that vehicle it sounds as if you have a good dealer. It is a Caddy dealer, or is it not?

jeffc83
05-21-13, 03:14 PM
Demo huh? The dealer I purchased my CTS from was not a Cadillac dealer and only let me drive it down the street. (I kept going anyway...lol)

tinman
05-21-13, 03:55 PM
***Off Topic***

The most fun I ever had on a test drive was when my son was looking at hot hatches about 5 years ago. He is a good driver. We went to try a RX8 and the three of us hopped in. The salesman said go ahead and drive it how you want to. My son did. This guy was white when we were done. I was laughing my butt off in the back seat.

MoFex
05-21-13, 03:57 PM
***Off Topic***

The most fun I ever had on a test drive was when my son was looking at hot hatches about 5 years ago. He is a good driver. We went to try a RX8 and the three of us hopped in. The salesman said go ahead and drive it how you want to. My son did. This guy was white when we were done. I was laughing my butt off in the back seat.

But did the salesman get sale?

tinman
05-21-13, 04:04 PM
Nope. Bought the R32 VW. That sucker screamed, what a nice car. When we touched the Mazda the sheet metal flexed it was so thin. The German car was a much more solid, better engineered car (of course).

jeffc83
05-21-13, 05:31 PM
Nope. Bought the R32 VW. That sucker screamed, what a nice car. When we touched the Mazda the sheet metal flexed it was so thin. The German car was a much more solid, better engineered car (of course).

Great choice!

Karn
05-21-13, 10:27 PM
so I just came back from PA and test drove the car for a good half an hour! man I could tell the difference on how the different engines drove. Now the red one has imperfections in the paint which the dealer said he will repaint the rear bumper and touch up the little dings/scratches on the car here and there. He wants almost $30k OTD. Right now I am trying to tell myself the engine/remote start/navigation/bigger rims/better light/foglights are worth the extra 3k ... I will be loosing some warranty but hey oh well lets take the risk.. I will wait until next wednesday to see if the paint touch ups are perfect..

angelbones
05-21-13, 10:34 PM
so I just came back from PA and test drove the car for a good half an hour! man I could tell the difference on how the different engines drove. Now the red one has imperfections in the paint which the dealer said he will repaint the rear bumper and touch up the little dings/scratches on the car here and there. He wants almost $30k OTD. Right now I am trying to tell myself the engine/remote start/navigation/bigger rims/better light/foglights are worth the extra 3k ... I will be loosing some warranty but hey oh well lets take the risk.. I will wait until next wednesday to see if the paint touch ups are perfect..

The red one is the best choice. But from the outside looking in, I say be patient grasshopper. Don't be afraid to walk away. Tell them it's out of your price range, let them stew for a couple days, and see if they call. If they want a sale, they'll call you, and if you find that it's still your dream car after a few days, go back and pay the 30K.

Jagillac
05-21-13, 11:10 PM

Just my opinion but if you look at it this way, all those extra options and extras can not be purchased for 3k. Even if you take away the engine. Just my thoughts but I know I couldn't have settled for less then the 3.6. Completely makes the car.

jeffc83
05-21-13, 11:30 PM
Just my opinion but if you look at it this way, all those extra options and extras can not be purchased for 3k. Even if you take away the engine. Just my thoughts but I know I couldn't have settled for less then the 3.6. Completely makes the car.

Agreed. I test drove the 3.0 and on a side note the ATS 2.0t and found them both to be underpowered. (ATS was a little faster due to less weight but still felt like it was lacking the needed power)

Angelbones made a great point there. I "walked" away myself and although I didn't save the extra dime by doing so, it didn't hurt anything and I got exactly what I wanted! Don't rush this!

OMG
05-22-13, 12:04 AM

Which befuddled me on the next part and that is why there seems to be so many AWD's that are sold. I was at the Caddy dealership today not a single RWD new or used. Had this same issue when I was buying, RWD's (especially optioned out ones) were rare. Ended up being my one trade off, but I'm happy and I'm sure I'll be happy come the snow.

tinman
05-22-13, 08:14 AM
What's snow?

jeffc83
05-22-13, 08:49 AM
What's snow?

Ooo, them fightin' words;)

tinman
05-22-13, 08:52 AM
:lildevil:

Karn
05-22-13, 10:23 AM
:( I am returning the demo vehicle today.. It feels like I am giving a piece of mine to the dealership... Our relationship escalated too fast; no one would of thought the things would be this serious in a matter of few days! Man, I am going to miss this caddy if I don't get this! Good bye vanilla! *On the other note, still waiting for this weekend to see dealership's paint touch ups to make my decisions.* Has anyone been happy with dealer paint touchups? I have never myself had to get a car touched up as I am fairly good not getting my car scratched this bad.

tinman
05-22-13, 10:35 AM
You can only wait and see. It sounds as if the wait will be difficult. Try your best to keep the emotion out of it and be objective!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-22-13, 12:11 PM
:( I am returning the demo vehicle today.. It feels like I am giving a piece of mine to the dealership... Our relationship escalated too fast; no one would of thought the things would be this serious in a matter of few days! Man, I am going to miss this caddy if I don't get this! Good bye vanilla! *On the other note, still waiting for this weekend to see dealership's paint touch ups to make my decisions.* Has anyone been happy with dealer paint touchups? I have never myself had to get a car touched up as I am fairly good not getting my car scratched this bad.

Hello Karn,

This must be an exciting time for you, waiting to purchase your Cadillac! I know your anticipation must be high, waiting to see the vehicle touched up. Let us know what you decide, and post a picture of the beauty once you purchase, good luck!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Black'10CTS4
05-22-13, 12:14 PM
What's snow?

oh... now that... that was just mean.

tinman
05-22-13, 12:17 PM
I moved from the frozen tundra...and I know you have a reliable vehicle...come on down. :cool2:

C "T" ess
05-22-13, 12:22 PM
It's near the end of the month. Go look at the car and if the dealer still won't budge, walk away. Before the 31st you will have that car in your garage. Go for the extra options.

HurstGN
05-28-13, 12:44 PM
Karn,
Hold that dealer's feet to the fire for your price. Hit him with the following:

The car has been listed for 86 days
They were asking $29,249 on Mar 16 then dropped to $28,654 May 1 and are at $28,156 Today

Look that car up on http://www.cargurus.com and you can see these details. Point out that the end of the month is coming and it would be in their best interest to not carry the car in inventory over another month-end. Offer $27K and move up to 27.5K if needed, but you should be able to at least get them to that price. It's been sitting with them for 3 months now....how much longer do they want to carry that car in inventory?

tinman
05-28-13, 12:58 PM
Excellent advice HurstGN

EVH5150
05-30-13, 04:28 PM
I strongly agree! I have owned a ton of vehicles that were middle of the line loaded and my coupe is the first one I got loaded to the brim. With the CTS it definitely pays to get the premium trim line as you get great options such as; HID headlights, LED pipe lights, real leather seats, Navigation, and memory seating etc. I will forever get the best package on any future vehicles as I feel they offer the most enjoyment and bragging rights.
I strongly recommend the premium model...you won't regret it! Personally, I've purchased too many cars that aren't "fully loaded" and have regretted that decision every time except for this one as it is the premium model:)

I don't believe either model you were looking at was a premium so go for whatever your heart tells you and good luck!

----------

Awesome! Screw that down the street stuff eh!
Demo huh? The dealer I purchased my CTS from was not a Cadillac dealer and only let me drive it down the street. (I kept going anyway...lol)

----------

Memories. My second favorite car was my 2005 Velocity Red RX-8 6-speed manual that I bought brand new. I know the Rotary engine gets slammed for having low torque numbers but I can honestly say there is not a smoother engine in the world that can spin up to 9000 RPM so effortlessly. My only regret with that car was not buying the GT trim line as mine was a base model. If Mazda was able to release that car with around 275 Horsepower (not 238 Horsepower) and less reliability issues that car would've been a massive hit for Mazda!
***Off Topic***

angelbones
05-31-13, 08:28 AM
I strongly agree! I have owned a ton of vehicles that were middle of the line loaded and my coupe is the first one I got loaded to the brim. With the CTS it definitely pays to get the premium trim line as you get great options such as; HID headlights, LED pipe lights, real leather seats, Navigation, and memory seating etc. I will forever get the best package on any future vehicles as I feel they offer the most enjoyment and bragging rights.

I can't disagree about the Premium trim, but a great way to save money is to get the Performance model with Luxury Performance package. It includes all upgrades the Premium has minus the Nav system. Since I didn't care about having the NAV, that was perfect for me, and as a bonus I actually get MORE space for my music on the HDD than if I had the Nav system. I also would not have gotten one if it didn't at least have that option.

----------

Memories. My second favorite car was my 2005 Velocity Red RX-8 6-speed manual that I bought brand new. I know the Rotary engine gets slammed for having low torque numbers but I can honestly say there is not a smoother engine in the world that can spin up to 9000 RPM so effortlessly. My only regret with that car was not buying the GT trim line as mine was a base model. If Mazda was able to release that car with around 275 Horsepower (not 238 Horsepower) and less reliability issues that car would've been a massive hit for Mazda!

Also had to comment since you brought it up. One of my favorite cars I owned was a 2005 Shinka edition RX-8. The only year with the Dark Black Cherry color (much darker than the Cadillac version) and loaded interior trim). One of the best handling cars I've ever owned or driven. I may still have owned it, if it had a little more power (and the fact that I didn't love the CTS coupe so much). I had it for about 60,000 miles and never had reliability issues with it and I loved revving it to 8-9000 rpm. The dealer recommended it because that's the only way that car gets real power is to keep the revs up. I digress, but I had to share since others have experienced that car.

C "T" ess
05-31-13, 10:36 AM
A little off topic but it's the end of the month. How did you make out with the dealer and the car?

EVH5150
05-31-13, 03:39 PM
Hello Angelbones:

I am glad to hear about your limited production Shinka RX-8, those were by far the best RX-8's ever!!! I still remember gushing all over one of those at the 2005 car show, and I'll never forget how the paint appeared to change color under the bright lights. When I said I regretted not buying my RX-8 as a GT model, I really meant I wanted a Shinka!!!

I have heard the Rx-8 got a revised series 2 1.3 renesis starting from 2009-2013. Apparently they are far more durable/reliable than series 1 from 2004-2008.
Also had to comment since you brought it up. One of my favorite cars I owned was a 2005 Shinka edition RX-8. The only year with the Dark Black Cherry color (much darker than the Cadillac version) and loaded interior trim). One of the best handling cars I've ever owned or driven. I may still have owned it, if it had a little more power (and the fact that I didn't love the CTS coupe so much). I had it for about 60,000 miles and never had reliability issues with it and I loved revving it to 8-9000 rpm. The dealer recommended it because that's the only way that car gets real power is to keep the revs up. I digress, but I had to share since others have experienced that car.

HurstGN
06-03-13, 01:57 PM
Well, that one that was loaded and on the lot for 3 months shows as no longer available today. Hopefully the OP made a good deal and we'll hear about it here soon. :thumbsup:

jeffc83
06-03-13, 03:25 PM
Well, that one that was loaded and on the lot for 3 months shows as no longer available today. Hopefully the OP made a good deal and we'll hear about it here soon. :thumbsup:

I hope he keeps us posted too...

Karn
06-05-13, 10:37 PM
Woo totally forgot about the forums since I picked up my car a week ago! I was work out a deal and got it for 28.2K w/o TTL. He fixed most of the blemishes and repainted the bumper... Now I am looking for a chrome license plate holder and a chrome cadillac plate to replace the hideous dealer plate in the front! What you guys think about the ones below! :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014BV0T4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1T0VEFK4F7RX4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003M5J6ZK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ACCURP5LDW6Z8

http://s9.postimg.org/khzsu6lsb/20130530_142750.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/khzsu6lsb/)

http://s9.postimg.org/6n1ibprd7/20130530_142757.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/6n1ibprd7/)

http://s9.postimg.org/a97bocxqj/20130530_143043.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/a97bocxqj/)

jeffc83
06-05-13, 10:40 PM
Woo totally forgot about the forums since I picked up my car a week ago!
[/URL]

(http://postimg.org/image/khzsu6lsb/)

[URL="http://postimg.org/image/a97bocxqj/"]

Congrats and welcome to Cadillac! You'll enjoy it...I see you at least got the performance model, you won't regret it! I've always disliked red but love it on the CTS! She's a beaut!

Karn
06-05-13, 10:52 PM
Thank you! :) and no it is the premium model. only thing missing is the rear view camera!

jeffc83
06-05-13, 11:00 PM
no it is the premium model. only thing missing is the rear view camera

I would've had no problem with losing the camera. The performance models can be well equipped and are very fun to drive. Enjoy!

Plate #1 has the best look. I chose the GM black plate with a glass script. (did not buy direct from GM)