: Parking Assist Disabled see Owners Manual

2kflhr
05-20-13, 08:58 PM
I have a utility trailer that I pull on ocassion to haul things and pulled it the other week for the first time with the Escalade. I hooked it up and cranked the truck and the DIC read "Parking Assist Disabled see Owners Manual". I depressed the check button and it went away so I assumed either the sensors were tricked by the trailer or this displays when the trailer plug is connected. I ran my errand and when I got home I scanned the OM about towing a trailer but saw nothing mentioning this warning unless I just missed it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Eric Hagan
05-20-13, 09:46 PM
I have the same thing pop up when I pull my trailer. It goes back to normal when I drop the trailer.

ELUSIVE
05-20-13, 10:25 PM
Same thing happens to me every time I tow . I just press the check and the error goes away.

roadog1aj
05-21-13, 07:21 AM
I just disable the Parking Assist on my 2011 EXT each time I tow something. Then turn it back on when I'm done. The first time I towed my trailer it came on and I instantly thought something got short circuited in the trailer wiring hook-up. Then I realized what was really happening, and calmed enough to turn off the Parking Assist. Never forgot that one again :)

2kflhr
05-21-13, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the replies. This more or less confirms I dont have an issue.