: Front dome (map) lights - did I break it?

jgodfrey82
05-20-13, 09:43 PM
I ordered a really cool looking set of blue LED's and the only instructions I could find on how to open the front dome (map) light console was to pull on it. I pulled, heard a snap, and now I can't get it to really stick back up there (its only half way down, so isn't falling on me, but I can see light leakage). Any advice or idea where I can see how this opens/closes? Did I break it by just pulling it down? I really hope I just didn't break something expensive for a $7 pair of LED's.

jgodfrey82
05-20-13, 11:41 PM
ok, so I kind of figured out how to pull the metal clips out and placing them onto the plastic inserts before pushing the dome up back into position, but I can't get it as tight as it was, I am thinking some of the clips are bent up. Does anyone know what part number these are and where to get any?

repnatl
05-21-13, 12:17 AM
Had the same issues on my 06 when i did mine but the entire plastic frame up there broke so I said forget it lol

glake89
05-21-13, 10:44 AM
A good parts store may be able to help. Most clips are available aftermarket.

Dimitrioscool
01-31-14, 06:00 PM
I ordered a really cool looking set of blue LED's and the only instructions I could find on how to open the front dome (map) light console was to pull on it. I pulled, heard a snap, and now I can't get it to really stick back up there (its only half way down, so isn't falling on me, but I can see light leakage). Any advice or idea where I can see how this opens/closes? Did I break it by just pulling it down? I really hope I just didn't break something expensive for a $7 pair of LED's.

i pulled on mine also now its not going back in as tight as before just to see how it comes out... i wanted to see what led will fit in there but i needed a screwdriver to take out the bulb.... i did research but there are so many t10 led out there.
does Anybody know whats the best bulb thats a multi led that will fit in these domes/map nobody seems to be answering... pictures or links will be great