: Need Help Connecting to The Database

rchern
05-20-13, 06:41 PM
Every time I try to go onto any Cadillac Forum page I get the message "I cannot connect to the database". The only way I got to this page is by clicking on it in history. Can anyone tell me what to do? My e-mail is denali5@optonline.net if that helps. I don't know if I can recieve messages on this thread or if I will be able to see a post If anyone posts on this thread. Would appreciate any help. I'm not very good with computers.

Tbbt
05-20-13, 07:02 PM
rchern,

Private message sent.

Marv

Tbbt
05-20-13, 08:05 PM
Sorry my 'fix' didn't work. Do you allow cookies? I think this site requires them (they sell advertising). Maybe a more knowledgeable member or one of the administrators will pipe up.

good luck, Marv

rchern
05-20-13, 08:35 PM
Sorry my 'fix' didn't work. Do you allow cookies? I think this site requires them (they sell advertising). Maybe a more knowledgeable member or one of the administrators will pipe up.

good luck, MarvThanks for trying Marv. I don't know why this would start now. I haven't changed anything. I've been on this forum for a couple of years and it's been working fine.

gohawks63
05-20-13, 09:23 PM
Every time I try to go onto any Cadillac Forum page I get the message "I cannot connect to the database". The only way I got to this page is by clicking on it in history. Can anyone tell me what to do? My e-mail is denali5@optonline.net if that helps. I don't know if I can recieve messages on this thread or if I will be able to see a post If anyone posts on this thread. Would appreciate any help. I'm not very good with computers.

I get the same thing.

rchern
05-20-13, 09:50 PM
I get the same thing.When did it start? I think it began Sunday for me.

Tbbt
05-20-13, 09:52 PM
I use a 'bookmark' to enter the site, so maybe, I'm doing the same as your are. Same as using a history useage and it works.

Any administrators out there?

gohawks63
05-20-13, 10:33 PM
When did it start? I think it began Sunday for me.

Over the weekend. I can only access the site through the mobile app off my iPad or iPhone.

tinman
05-21-13, 08:59 AM
I have had problems in the past, these same problems. It is a messed up website in my non-tech opinion. And the posting of Reply to Thread when you have to wait, and wait, and wait and then click the button to leave the page. Bad mojo software.

rchern
05-21-13, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know how to get in touch with an administrator for advice? I can't find any way to contact anyone.

tinman
05-21-13, 01:52 PM
At the top of this forum page is a "Quick Links" tab. Click it and in the drop down menu is "View Cadillac Forum Leaders". It's your karma after that.

jghiller
05-21-13, 08:35 PM
I get this all the time even with the old system during initial login.

gohawks63
05-21-13, 10:07 PM
Working for me now.

rchern
05-21-13, 10:10 PM
I sent a message to the Administrator and he replied that it should be working now and mine is. Thanks to everyone who helped.