: Poking around today...

BigDaddy-V
05-20-13, 03:54 PM
Might be a silly question, but what size are both rings of the crank pulley? I think there might be an aftermarket pulley on there but not sure. Sometimes I hate not being the original owner, but thankful I didn't have the original price tag!

Also for sure the motor mounts are bad because I saw brown stains around it! And is there an easy way to tell it trans mount is bad? Doesn't look bad but with some shifting issues and that spinning noise as slowing down I think it might be.

BDV

odla
05-20-13, 10:14 PM
Don't know about the pulley. The trans mount is bad when you see that there is no gap in the trans mount. You shifting problem could be your bad motor mounts though.

BigDaddy-V
05-21-13, 08:35 AM
I tried to look up pictures of the pulley on the net but most of them showed up as aftermarket pulleys so it got me nowhere really. I had been having a feeling the mounts weren't good and now I have to move them further up the list.

BDV

HAMSTAR
05-21-13, 09:01 AM
Post a pic if your pulley here.

BigDaddy-V
05-21-13, 12:42 PM

First time uploading photo so hope it works

BDV

HAMSTAR
05-21-13, 12:50 PM
Looks like it could be an underdrive...

JFensty
05-21-13, 12:58 PM
I would say yes to under drive. On the stocker, the front and back are the same diameter. The front looks to be smaller on yours.

BigDaddy-V
05-21-13, 01:09 PM
That is what my thought was! It is almost half an inch smaller by just looking at it. Now I wonder what else is aftermarket. When I got it a year ago I know it had the old stealthV intake setup and corsa cutback. Now finding this I wonder about the clutch and shifter( which I think is stock by the feel) and who knows what else might be changed. There are recall stickers from work done earlier on it. She is about to hit 100K and I plan on doing a tune-up with plugs and wires and stuff to make sure all is well there. Just wondering what other things I might find along the way.

To bad I couldn't have found some free headers under there too somewhere! Hehehe

BDV

JFensty
05-21-13, 06:04 PM
Kinda like an Easter egg hunt.