: Back-up camera plug or port for OEM Denso NAV/DVD/GPS headunit???

BOOM_FIST
05-20-13, 02:46 PM
Hey all,

Just purchased a nice used 2005 Moonstone SRX V6 AWD Lux. Package, for my wife. I'm not huge into GM vehicles but we both instantly fell in love with this Cadillac. My wife coming from a 2007 Cobalt coupe, couldn't be happier.

Anyways, still getting used to it after only having it for less than 2 weeks. Something I wish it came with was the factory back-up camera as my wife has a hard time backing it up since it's a good bit larger than any of her previous vehicles. I started searching to see if any back-up cameras were compatible with the OEM Denso NAV/DVD/GPS headunits and really didn't find much. I see the actual cameras themselves aren't expensive at all, but what about making it work with the stock headunit in my 05??? Is it even possible?

My question is, what is the easiest way to install a back-up camera for my wife in her 05 SRX? Would preferrably like the cheapest option too!

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

glake89
05-20-13, 04:15 PM
Just make sure you check the oil level!

1BadCadSTS
05-20-13, 05:20 PM
Where are you located?

BOOM_FIST
05-20-13, 09:30 PM
Thanks glake, that's what I've been told!

I'm in southern MD....

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-21-13, 11:08 AM
Hey all,

Just purchased a nice used 2005 Moonstone SRX V6 AWD Lux. Package, for my wife. I'm not huge into GM vehicles but we both instantly fell in love with this Cadillac. My wife coming from a 2007 Cobalt coupe, couldn't be happier.

Anyways, still getting used to it after only having it for less than 2 weeks. Something I wish it came with was the factory back-up camera as my wife has a hard time backing it up since it's a good bit larger than any of her previous vehicles. I started searching to see if any back-up cameras were compatible with the OEM Denso NAV/DVD/GPS headunits and really didn't find much. I see the actual cameras themselves aren't expensive at all, but what about making it work with the stock headunit in my 05??? Is it even possible?

My question is, what is the easiest way to install a back-up camera for my wife in her 05 SRX? Would preferrably like the cheapest option too!

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

Hello Tom,

I am happy to hear your wife is loving her Cadillac! If you please private message me with the VIN for this vehicle, I am happy to research this on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

BOOM_FIST
05-22-13, 03:35 PM
Hello Tom,

I am happy to hear your wife is loving her Cadillac! If you please private message me with the VIN for this vehicle, I am happy to research this on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Thanks Laura! I'll be doing that shortly!

-Tom

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-22-13, 04:42 PM
Thanks Laura! I'll be doing that shortly!

-Tom

Hello Tom,

You are welcome! I just wanted to let you know I received your private message and we will continue our interactions through there.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

BOOM_FIST
02-13-14, 11:34 PM
Bumping this back up.

Still wanting some kind of video interface for my factory Nav unit to install a backup camera. No, I'm not spending $800 on the navtool one. I'd rather buy a whole new aftermarket double DIN Nav unit and backup camera. Anyone??

bendebusk
02-14-14, 06:22 PM
I did a lot of online research, but couldn't find any way to add a backup camera to the nav unit for my '05 SRX. Instead, I bought a replacement GM rearview mirror with video and a camera on eBay. It seems like it'll be a pretty easy install, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ropka
02-19-14, 02:15 AM
what about TV tuner unit video out pins?

bendebusk
02-19-14, 12:57 PM
Seems reasonable, but I couldn't find anything to take advantage of the useless analog TV feature.