: 2007 STS-4, V6, 30 days CPO left, what should I have checked out?

Fleetwood49
05-20-13, 02:34 PM
I just traded off my 2003 CTS with 204K miles for a 2007 STS-4 with 37K miles.
Turns out it is Certified Pre-Owned and I have 30 days of the bumper to bumper left.
It's going in to the dealer, what should I specifically ask them to check out on the car.
Thanks!!!!!

malatu
05-20-13, 03:58 PM
Timing chain.

I had mine replaced with less than 30 days left on the cpo.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-20-13, 04:30 PM
I just traded off my 2003 CTS with 204K miles for a 2007 STS-4 with 37K miles.
Turns out it is Certified Pre-Owned and I have 30 days of the bumper to bumper left.
It's going in to the dealer, what should I specifically ask them to check out on the car.
Thanks!!!!!

Hello Fleetwood49,

Congrats on your 2007 STS-4! It will be a fun car to drive.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

carter's_sts
05-20-13, 06:44 PM
Seat cushions.....bulletin for loose/squeaky.

Every light bulb.

Nav system firmware upgrade....tell them you have Bluetooth issues. Not positive this applies to 2007 models though.

Check for any oil leaks.

If you have MRC, check for leaks from the shocks.

Read all stored codes.

EChas3
05-20-13, 09:38 PM
Carter is spot-on about the Nav firmware upgrade. Get 'Bluetooth connection issues' on a service order and you're protected. It does apply to most 2007's.

For the rest pertaining to a V6, I'd get the oil changed and have a driving Memorial Day weekend to get a good read on oil consumption and be on guard for loss & timing chain concerns.

Good luck!

dannyquest
05-20-13, 09:46 PM
fleetwood, Some of the early V-6 will burn a lot of oil, 1 quart per 700 miles. Door micro switch will go bad & then you will have to use the key to gain entry. The transmission torque converter can be a problem. Leaking seals on the real diff, check for oil stains. Danny

EChas3
05-20-13, 09:55 PM
I forgot about the diff seal. It's probably already been done.

Fleetwood49
05-21-13, 02:28 PM
Thank you to everybody who replied.
This is great, and really helped.
Car is going in Friday for a check up.

Fleetwood49
05-22-13, 02:59 PM
I haven't been able to locate a bulletin regarding loose/squeaky seat cushions.
Can you help me out with the number?
Thanks!!!

EChas3
05-22-13, 08:23 PM
See the 'Sticky' thread at the top of the forum. If they are loose, the fix is to remove the rails & insert a split section of small-diameter rubber hose, like vaccum hose.

If your seats aren't loose in the rails, you don't want this because it could cause early death to seat adjustment motors.

carter's_sts
05-23-13, 01:47 AM
Make sure you read through that thread. There's more than one TSB for the seats, but I was definitely referring to the one that uses the rubber hose cut in half. I had it done to both my STSs, both front seats.

I'm picky, but a Lac should not have loose seat cushions.

Guy.Seminerio
05-26-13, 12:16 PM
I know this is a few days old but I'd say to definitely extend the bumper to bumper before it's too late!

KRSTS
05-26-13, 01:48 PM
Get a GMPP Major Guard warranty BEFORE the CPO expires. Otherwise you wont be able to, and will have to settle for an aftermarket warranty. I found that James E. Black Cadillac had the best prices: http://www.jamesblackcadillac.com/gmpp.htm I wouldn't go without a warranty - especially with the low miles this cars has.

Fleetwood49
05-31-13, 02:41 PM
Black Cadillac told me that my car doesn't qualify for the GMPP. It's 1 year from expiration of original factory warranty-fyi.
Car has been at the dealer over a week, getting worked on, waiting for parts. Granted I've been driving a 2013-ATS-V6 all week.
Now that's a Cadillac!~!!!!:cool:

carter's_sts
05-31-13, 03:43 PM
ATS is tooooooo small.

Why did they say you can't get a GMPP if you're still under factory warranty? Is that because it's only available when the car is sold?

Fleetwood49
05-31-13, 03:54 PM
I have plenty of legroom in the ATS, and I'm 6'3". It was surprising.
They told me you have to be within a year of your factory warranty, CPO warranty doesn't count. Apparently they are different.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-31-13, 03:58 PM
Black Cadillac told me that my car doesn't qualify for the GMPP. It's 1 year from expiration of original factory warranty-fyi.
Car has been at the dealer over a week, getting worked on, waiting for parts. Granted I've been driving a 2013-ATS-V6 all week.
Now that's a Cadillac!~!!!!:cool:

Hello Fleetwood49,

I am happy to hear you have been having fun driving the 2013 ATS all week; that is a plus while your vehicle is being repaired in the shop. If you private message me with your VIN, I can look into your warranty and see why you did not qualify for a GMPP anymore.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

----------

ATS is tooooooo small.

Why did they say you can't get a GMPP if you're still under factory warranty? Is that because it's only available when the car is sold?

Hello carter's_sts,

You are able to purchase GMPP while under warranty parameters. You do not have to purchase it when the car is sold. Here is a helpful website that explains GMPP in more detail http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/serviceplans.html

Hope this helps,

Laura M.

carter's_sts
05-31-13, 08:11 PM
Hmm, I got the GMPP while there was 3 months left on a CPO, but it was when I bought the car.

I have plenty of legroom in the ATS, and I'm 6'3". It was surprising.
They told me you have to be within a year of your factory warranty, CPO warranty doesn't count. Apparently they are different.

EChas3
05-31-13, 09:26 PM
If they don't want to sell it to you, others may.