: 07 SRX Front Facia drooping

ravenblack
05-20-13, 02:16 PM
I have an 07 SRX in pristine condition.. Bought it used. Suspect may have been in an accident as it appears front left fender has been replace. Also, the underbody shield just under the facia was broken. I just replaced that. But it appears the whole front facia is dropping. There is about a 3/4 inch gap beneath the headlights, and the gap between the hood and grill is larger than it should be. An inspection under the hood reveals no support of the facia, but when I lift it up from the front bottom it closes the gap. Anyone have any ideas?

glake89
05-20-13, 02:38 PM
Here's what's involved, and there's a little brace under the front edge of the headlamp. Note bolts 5&6.

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=831693&ukey_make=1085&ukey_model=15862&modelYear=2008&ukey_category=22482

ravenblack
05-22-13, 02:56 PM
Bolts 4 & 5 are tight. There is no gap between the fascia and the fenders. It starts at the headlight bottoms and continues as a gap betwwen the hood and the grill. If I stand at the middle of the fascia and reach down and lift the entire fascia the gaps close.. It's as if there is a center support or reinforcing brace missing, though I don't see that in the exploded diagram.

nstar
05-22-13, 03:38 PM
There is a large gap between hood and fascia that grill is installed on. I always didn't like the large gap just always thought it was engineering screw up with design .Mine has same gap on both sides since new and has not been in accident.

ravenblack
05-23-13, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking the same thing. Poor engineering. This is the Sport package, and I believe the fascia is different from the standard fascia. When I look at the standard grill the fascia is pretty tight to the bottom of headlights, but not always.