: Front suspension help???

Whiterob
05-20-13, 10:43 AM
I tried searching, but can't seem to figure out how to search just the Esky forums?

Anyways... My front struts do not seem to be working (would be the best way to put it)

I am curious if it is possible that there is a bad sensor or something I should try replacing before spending $500 on struts. Does anyone have a cutsheet on the front suspension they wouldn't mind posting? I suppose I should just order a shop manual.

Also a few random forum questions.. How do you turn on text wrapping or whatever it is so that it won't split words apart when reaching the end of the line?

Is there a way to search only the Esky forums?

Thanks

blackex
05-20-13, 10:56 AM
You will have to define what you mean by not work. How many miles do you have? Chances are you will have to drop roughly $500 for new front struts but your problem may be something else.

Whiterob
05-20-13, 11:05 AM
It has 150k, and I haven't investigated it at all yet, but they have virtually no dampening. (both sides), so that is leading me to believe it may be something other than bad struts. I am trying to find out what all electronics hook up to the struts to make them active as you guys informed me only the rear is air.

darkknight1999
06-02-13, 09:39 PM
It has 150k, and I haven't investigated it at all yet, but they have virtually no dampening. (both sides), so that is leading me to believe it may be something other than bad struts. I am trying to find out what all electronics hook up to the struts to make them active as you guys informed me only the rear is air.

Do you have the warning message to service suspension when you start the truck?

Whiterob
06-03-13, 12:12 AM
No I dont.

Tec80
06-03-13, 01:28 AM
If you have 150k on the original orange front struts, they are dead and should be replaced. No sensor issue can cause lack of dampening. If you want OE replacements, look for AC Delco 580-373 - can find them for as low as $215 each. Best to take to a mechanic to install, as they can be tricky to swap out.

Punmax
06-03-13, 05:31 AM
Do you see a black film on your struts? They might be leaking fluid. When mine started to go out, one strut became very bouncy and would make noise as the truck moved up and down. It's weird that yours just became stiff. Most likely they are shot if you're still on the originals. They have a life of 80K miles.