Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Famoso Raceway May 17 2013 Videos

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Trainman SRT-10 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Mine is the red Coupe in the videos, stock with AIRAID and a tune. The three other CTS V's (grey coupe, grey sedan, black wagon) all have pulleys, CAI and tune. The sedan had drag radials and a heat exchanger. The grey coupe has a cat-back exhaust. Grey coupe and sedan are automatics, wagon and my red coupe are 6-speed manuals.

#6 ·
Just saw this, and thanks for posting.

Well, it's been 14 years since I went to the drags, and I learned some things...

First and foremost, heat soak is bad! I hadn't realized my HX tank was low until I hooked up HP Tuners to grab a log, and saw my IAT2's were 150! I found out, very late, that I was low on fluid, and sucking in air. I threw some extra water and ice in and picked up 3 mph, but then it got hot again.

I was able to add another gallon this week, and I am about to go out and see if I was just really low from changing out the tank, or if I have a leak.

Which leads me to the next issue....I've never raced on DR's before, and, worst, never had nannies at the track. Thus, I forgot to leave TC off. Thus, my disappointing numbers.

I really am not that upset, because the car runs great, and I got 21 mpg on the 250 mile round trip, not counting the drag runs.
Plus, I am currently averaging close to 17 all around.

I am looking forward to getting back out there, probably in the summer, else it's 1/8 mile at Irwindale.

Thanks again for the vids. It was nice to meet you and the other guys, and fun all around.

----------

PS- I should add, this experience (heat soak) was the impetus for my recent DashBoss purchase.

It's a very handy device for watch and logging. While I have HP Tuners, it's not as convenient in daily commutes.

#7 ·
Here is a big mistake a lot of guys with street cars make; driving through the water then doing the burnout. What this does is sling water up into the fender wells, then as you are staging, it is dripping back down on the tires.

Drive around the water then back up just enough to get the tires on wet/damp pavement. then do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.