Cadillac Owners Forum banner

RX catch can

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fee5fofum 
#1 ·
Have

----------

Blakester said:
Have single check valve catch can on car now for approx. 3500 miles, car does not go into boost very often, removed about 3 oz. oil from can. Noticed that when car is running catch can makes a rezonating sound like a electric kettle boiling, if you put your hand on it you can feel it vibrating in sequence with sound. Any suggestions. It is quite LOUD.

#3 ·
Can't help you - still waiting for my "in stock" Rx can to ship.

However, I would not be worried about sound/resonance from the can - I would expect it actually as the gases being filtered through it are coming from the crankcase/cylinder heads and will be carrying a lot of heat and noise.

It sounds (ha!) like the can is probably working as intended, and keeping that oil out of your engine.

#4 ·
Had Ford lightning and after 4 years(no catch can)had to pull super charger, valley& intercooler was realy loaded up with oil( fouled plugs and nit so cool puff of smoke on start up. I think this can on my V is doing the job but is now really noisy at idle and can be heard at 40 mph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.