: Big Red was dead

stormnn
05-19-13, 09:19 PM
Went out this a.m. to go to the coffee shop & Big Red was absolutely dead. The dash lit up dimly for about 2 sec. & was gone, wouldn't give me back my key either. Put my charger on for 30 mins & it started, checked voltage @ 14.6 so alternator is good. The only place that had a battery for it was CTC. Needed the car to-day & holiday to-morrow so I had no choice. Pretty sure it was just the battery as the code date was 05 & the car was built in Oct. of 05. I'll know for sure to-morrow a.m.
Norm

Superjim
05-20-13, 12:27 AM
That's eight years on the original battery.... That's a really long time for a battery to last.
I replaced mine a couple of years ago...
It was still working fine, but I figured I was living on borrowed time, so I replaced it... LOL

BlackRavenDTS
05-20-13, 07:35 AM
Same thing happen to me. Started the car, nothing happen and it was hanging on to my key. Replaced Battery and now its all set. :D

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-20-13, 12:22 PM
Went out this a.m. to go to the coffee shop & Big Red was absolutely dead. The dash lit up dimly for about 2 sec. & was gone, wouldn't give me back my key either. Put my charger on for 30 mins & it started, checked voltage @ 14.6 so alternator is good. The only place that had a battery for it was CTC. Needed the car to-day & holiday to-morrow so I had no choice. Pretty sure it was just the battery as the code date was 05 & the car was built in Oct. of 05. I'll know for sure to-morrow a.m.
Norm

Hello Norm,

I hope Big Red doesn't die on you again! After your battery replacement, it should run smooth. If you have other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

stormnn
05-20-13, 09:33 PM
Big Red was fine this a.m. so I'm pretty sure it was just the battery reaching the end of it's lifespan. Those group 79's sure are heavy.
Norm