: disc brakes? 67 deville.

HeavyMetalCaddy
05-19-13, 07:10 PM
Hey guys. Imlooking for a bolt in option for disc brakes on my 67 coupe deville. I was told the 1970 had front discs and those can bolt right on the 67... does anyone know if this is true?
Also looking for a bolt in rearend with discs that would work

YoshiMan
05-20-13, 10:23 PM
There is no bolt in rear end with disc brakes for 1976 and down Cadillacs, as they use their own wide axle which differs substantially from the later models available with rear discs. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to retrofit though, although i have not seen it been done yet.

I do know that the front discs from 1968-72 are the same, but i''m not sure if they changed the spindles or not. It may be pretty strait forward

Cady70
05-23-13, 01:13 PM
Years ago I switched the front disks from a 68 Fleetwood and move them to a 68 deville. Seems like I remeber having to change the ball joints, the master cylinder and the front lines w/equalizer valve along with the spindle. It's been like 20 years so I could be wrong on some of the part swap needs but I can tell you it worked great and was well worth it. I remember always having the brakes pulling one way or the other with the front drums. Here's a link to someone who did the 68-67 disc swap:
http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/forum/index.php?topic=2054.0